Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Any network issues?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 pm 

1. Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
PS3

2. What happens exactly?
In a running game the host's get kicked until everybody is out.
And now i can't connect to sessions.

3. How often does this happen?
EVERY DAY!

4. Is this with anyone, or with a particular other player?
Makes no different.

5. Does your Party screen show a message that you have a limited connection type?
???... NAT2

6. Are you playing over wireless internet?
WLAN

7. What range of pings does your in-game stats screen mention? This is the screen that opens when you press SELECT/BACK during a match. Do you see this increasing just before a disconnect?
Don't know. Get kicked before i can check...

8. Does rebooting your console and router help?
No.

9. Is someone else downloading on the same internet connection at the same time?
No.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 am 

PS3

2. What happens exactly?

The game will lag greatly and then everybody will be replaced by a bot. Shortly after I am then kicked off the game citing some kind of Network Error. Other times I am just booted straight up, or the people on my team will be booted one by one.

It used to happen maybe 50% of the time until last week when it progressed to 100% of the time. Now I am EXTREMELY lucky to see an end of a game.

It happens whenever I play. Mostly I play with a certain number of people, but it doesn't seem to matter as I can play any match and get booted and my friends all complain about the disconnects as well.

5. Does your Party screen show a message that you have a limited connection type?

It does not. It displays NAT 2.

I am not. I am hardwired directly into the PS3.

7. What range of pings does your in-game stats screen mention? This is the screen that opens when you press SELECT/BACK during a match. Do you see this increasing just before a disconnect?

Ive never actually looked at the screen, but yes I know it does. I experience a huge lag spike right before any disconnects.

It does not.

9. Is someone else downloading on the same internet connection at the same time?

My internet is always 100% dedicated to my game console when I play online. I can't stand lag.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 pm 

First - I am from Austria. The small country in the middle of Europe.
So here the time is 22:26
For about 2-3 hours i get this connectivity problems - again.
Somehow I get the feeling that it always happens around this time.

And what's new: The game is freezing before disconnect 20sec after the session starts - i think the increase of the Ping from 8 to 498 is not so good... :shock:

Hope this helps

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:48 am 

Anybody experiencing issues connecting atm? Whenever I choose battle or quick match I'm stuck at initializing and I cannot move on. This has been going on for the past 30 min or so.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 am 

Trafalgar wrote:
Anybody experiencing issues connecting atm? Whenever I choose battle or quick match I'm stuck at initializing and I cannot move on. This has been going on for the past 30 min or so.

Yep. Same thing.
The game is unplayable at the moment...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:14 am 

Trafalgar wrote:

Registered just to "third" this. Incredibly frustrating. This has gotten progressively worse all week, but at least it didn't include getting into a game until now.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 am 

So I got online tonight and played 7 rounds. Im happy to say that besides some minor lag, there were Zero D/C's.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 am 

1. Playstation 3.

2. Get disconnected in the middle of matches, OFTEN. I'd say 1/2 the time, considering I played one match just now, and was kicked in the middle of the last match. After this happens, initializing myself back into online battle takes longer than normal and sometimes will require me to exit game/restart console and or router. Pretty frustrating for a game designed to be played online.

3. Every day. I would say every other match so, 50% of the time. Its ridiculous how often this is occurring.

4. Online "Battle" mode.

5. No.

6. Playing wirelessly, my PS3 is literally 3 feet from my router.

7. 107

8. Yes this will refresh my packets/connection, however it does not fix the disconnection issues that continuously occur.

9. No, I do not play games online when using bandwidth for downloading.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 am 

1. Playstation 3

2. Had none of these following problems before patch. First the random dissconects due to bad connection. And im 99% sure i don't have a bad connection. During the morning/day it's usually no problems at all and then at evening/night it gets more worse up til the point where my second problem starts. Whats happening pretty much most nights is that it'll just get stuck in "Initializing" after pressing battle or quick play.

3. Explained above.
4. -
5. Not what i've noticed, but in battle and loading screen it says NAT: type 2 in the bottom, no idea what that means.
6. Nope, wired.
7. -
8. Rebooting console doesn't, haven't tried router.
9. Nope.

There might have been some freak coincidence that something happened to my network at the same time as the patch came alive, but i doubt it. I haven't experience problems with any other onlinegames or other internet related stuff recently.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 am 

PS3

2. What happens exactly?
Gets stuck at "Initializing..." when trying to join games, games that ARE joined are almost invariably ended in a disconnection, either through a "Network Error" or just losing connection to the host.

I haven't been able to get into more than a handful of games since July 30th (evening), and finished even fewer.

Anyone.

Nope, type 1 (put my PS3 into the DMZ)

Wired internet.

Mostly 100s. Some laggers can spike to 400-some, but that's their problem and not mine, and it's not super common.

No

No.