Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Back to the Past...I mean Consolenauts
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:15 pm 

From I've gathered Consolenauts PS3/360 almost never ever were updated. Even though I'm pretty sure almost noone plays it anymore, you know why it's a good thing?

Because since the latest patches on the PC/PS4 changed the game to the point that it's way too different experience/broken/completly different game/unplayable/"not fun" for some players, those can go back to Consolenauts to see how game looked/played back than. Who knows? It may be better, it may be worse.

Normally the less content isn't good, but in this case it may be a completly new experience.

PS. Sorry for my pathetic English :/

Post subject: Re: Back to the Past...I mean Consolenauts
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:13 am 

There were some things I loved in consolenauts that I certainly miss... Like the fact that I could main Derpl and not feel like I was putting myself at a disadvantage at most matches. But then you remember all the Lonestar mine dynamite, and old frog, with DPS so insane he could beat any naut with so long as he had his AA row maxed out with some utility, nothing else even needed... Bleh. It had some positives, but I couldn't recommend anyone to transition back to consolenauts.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 am 

There are no positives that ps3/360 has over the current game. Its a wreck. Froggy capable of 60 dps, yuris heal bubble negating froggy's 60 dps, loenstars dynamite bouncing halfway across sorona and hs bull slowing u so much u would freeze in place. And then the teleport jumping and the leons and froggy's that can glitch into ur spawn and spawn camp. No ty.

If people are upset about the current status of Pc nauts, then come play PS4 nauts. Were still at 2.5.

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 pm 

Shade667 wrote:
There are no positives that ps3/360 has over the current game. Its a wreck. Froggy capable of 60 dps, yuris heal bubble negating froggy's 60 dps, loenstars dynamite bouncing halfway across sorona and hs bull slowing u so much u would freeze in place. And then the teleport jumping and the leons and froggy's that can glitch into ur spawn and spawn camp.

Hit the nail on the head, you find AT LEAST one of these things every other game. Also the bouncing dynamite bounces differently on the hosts screen to yours (cause logic), I've died countless times from dynamite that isn't there from my perspective. And to top it off, if leons stab you when your slowed, you literally just stop. I have no idea why, you just do. And of course people abuse it by getting moving attacking clones with a slow blade, and just run along with them so if you get hit you just stop and its pretty much just wait for death unless you can kill the clones.... just urghh :table:

But find a match with people who don't do this, and its great....well I think so anyway, never tried an updated version, just gonna sit here, wait for the xbox one version :think:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm 

Shade667 wrote:
There are no positives that ps3/360 has over the current game. Its a wreck. Froggy capable of 60 dps, yuris heal bubble negating froggy's 60 dps, loenstars dynamite bouncing halfway across sorona and hs bull slowing u so much u would freeze in place. And then the teleport jumping and the leons and froggy's that can glitch into ur spawn and spawn camp. No ty.

Well it's still only my opinion, but you know what? Sometimes I would much more enjoy all those issues, with less content, no people to play with and with bugs, rather than having even more ridiculous balance issues (ok Froggy 60 DPS sounds scarry, but I've seen much worse lately), even more bugs and glitches, matches with combinations which ends them in 4 minutes, without any skill and any way to counter, patches/hotfixes which aren't tested at all ect. ect.
I'm not against 2.7., but I can understand why people would like to play version 2 years old instead (I think?).

Shade667 wrote:
If people are upset about the current status of Pc nauts, then come play PS4 nauts. Were still at 2.5.

Oh, I completly forgot about that. It sounds great, especially since 2.5. was my favorite patch (yes, kill me).

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:13 pm 

Popcioslav wrote:
[...] rather than having even more ridiculous balance issues (ok Froggy 60 DPS sounds scarry, but I've seen much worse lately), even more bugs and glitches, matches with combinations which ends them in 4 minutes, without any skill and any way to counter, patches/hotfixes which aren't tested at all ect. ect.
[...]

That is one of the best statements I have so far ever read on these forums. Go on, play some old consolenauts. But don't come back whining that everything that Shade667 is true - because it is.