Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post subject: Re: The PS3/360 patching situation
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm 

This my thoughts on what would happen if patching the console version would MAGICALLY become inexpensive and easy:

Ayla: Probably not. Her Third Eye ability would not go very well with a controller.

Raelynn: No. Cuddles's sniper ability has to be pretty exact.

Spike & Vinnie: If they can make the Froggy G Splash Dash, Ronimo could probably make the Spike Dive.

Gnaw: Pretty possible. The Bite can't go in any other direction than left and right, and same with the Weedlings, but what about the Acid Spit?

Swiggins: Maybe. The Anchor Whack is a normal melee attack, but his other abilities might not translate very well onto the consoles.

Skolldir: Definitely. None of his attacks have to be exact.

Genji: Meh. :shrug: Genji is, overall, not that great, but this isn't a character review. All of his attacks have to be accurate, so probably not.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 am 

there really should be a way to get awesomenauts to sell like crazy on the consle that way it can get updated why hasnt ronimo ever tried TV advertising yet? maybe if they did that the consle versions might start selling a crapload of copies again :)

Post subject: Re: The console patching situation
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 pm 

Duplosion wrote:
I know that there cannot be such giveaways, as Sony/Microsoft will not share their users' information with outside sources, such as Steam- this has been said by Ronimo in the past.

And, as argued on our side, there are other ways to prove the purchase of a console version.

Duplosion wrote:
Not to mention, that would be a huge detriment in sales for Ronimo, as they are an indie developer, and Awesomenauts was in creation for 3 years. They released it on console and managed to update it once, this being during rough times when Awesomenauts almost wasn't released at all. So they have done all they can on the console front, as the publisher, DTP, is insolvent (near bankrupt) and won't permit any more patches- this is also the reason it almost wasn't published, I believe. This also being paired with that it takes $40,000 to patch on each console, and that's just unfeasible for indie devs. DTP was also the publisher of Dungeon Defenders, which stopped receiving updates on consoles for the same reasons, and still continues thriving on Steam for PC today.

Let me take this moment to warp ahead to something you stated later on in your post:

Duplosion wrote:
It is already on sale on Steam for $3.39 at times, and was on sale for $5 I believe during all of the Summer Sale- there are three packs as well, so you can obtain multiple copies for you and your friends at another discount. These are already readily available discounts, to anyone- it was even in the Humble Indie Bundle #8, not too long ago.

If it is soooo damn cheap, then why would it be "detrimental" to Ronimo's sales for a few handouts? Oh, considering the fact that everybody (on 360 at least; I know it was a PS+ title so I don't know how much they got from that) payed full price for it, getting what they would consider a "$3.39 copy" is a drop in the bucket. They don't have to pay for the Steam codes, they can be generated at any time for handouts.

Also, fun fact since you obviously aren't the fact-checking type: Awesomenauts was first announced for console, and was branded as a "console MOBA." But Ronimo/Roost are always quick to sweep this info under the mat either way. So it was never "rough times when Awesomenauts almost wasn't released at all", it was slated FOR consoles specifically.

Duplosion wrote:
So they have already done all they could, and if I am to be entirely honest, they do not owe people a second free copy of the game. This would be like saying since you purchased Borderlands 2 on the PS3, you are owed a free/hugely discounted copy on the PC, or if you purchased Borderlands 2 on PS3 and own it on PC as well, you should get the new Tiny Tina DLC for free- you know what I mean? It would be along those lines of unreasonable requests.

Except this is not the same thing. This would be like Gearbox not being able to update BL2 anymore on consoles and giving the buyers a free download to the full game on the PC. We aren't trying to get a second copy of the full game, we are trying to GET the full game promised to us. However, I bet Gearbox would actually give out the download codes because Gearbox is a big company and there would be tons of backlash over it. Ronimo is a smaller company, and so few people are complaining about it; therefore event hardly made any ripple at all in the gaming community/press.

Off topic: To be honest, they should just close down this forum because it's worthless to discuss strategy on the console versions when Froggy Cheap is permanently in the hiz-ouse. Either you have to have a Froggy on your team to balance the opposing team's Froggy (which, if there is an opposing human, they ALWAYS go for that character. I mean, why not, right? Go for the character that is an easy win) or hope that the other team is a bunch of idiots/bots.

I play Leon as a main and Derpl as a secondary, but it's hard to fight fair when the other team doesn't.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:31 pm 

This is a pretty old thread and all, but my nephew just pestered me to play this again and I was reminded how much of a joke the whole console situation is. Wanted to point out that the "money" issue ISN'T an issue anymore, and shouldn't be used as an excuse anymore.

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-micro ... -patch-fee

Can we please stop excusing for this reason at least? I understand the "remade" characters for free-aim. It should've had free-aim in the first place, but I'll give you that. I play on PC with a 360 controller exclusively, and still can't believe that I got so screwed out of the game I was promised on console. It even still has the taunting text about more characters coming soon in the character select. What an absolute joke.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:52 am 

hi guys I love ur game n I think u need to do update on consoles its not fair to us console players..if u knew in first place that u not be able to do update for console why did u put in the game more characters coming soon???????????!!!!ask mircosoft or sony to support you in updating the console version pls just do something I was really looking forward to update....hope u think about it n try to make us console gamers happy..bye

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:00 am 

thats so stupid..

i like this game and i buy it on xbox because they say they will work on it, but then this.

i think yeah * happend but then they bring this game on steam too i think okay why not and what happend they only update pc i know there was many diffucult on consol but what the f*** is this now console do nothing and watch to pc they get already a dlc i will buy the dlc if they can bring it on console but that will never happen.

but why did console player not a coupon of awesomenauts for pc i already buy this game for full price and now i need to pay again if i want to play a normal good game, they shoud give us at least a 80-90% coupon on the main game i whoud instant buy the dlc because this game is good

and yeah i know there are many mistakes in my text im not a nativ speaker so be kind

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 am 

Natsuu wrote:
thats so stupid..

i like this game and i buy it on xbox because they say they will work on it, but then this.

i think yeah * happend but then they bring this game on steam too i think okay why not and what happend they only update pc i know there was many diffucult on consol but what the f*** is this now console do nothing and watch to pc they get already a dlc i will buy the dlc if they can bring it on console but that will never happen.

but why did console player not a coupon of awesomenauts for pc i already buy this game for full price and now i need to pay again if i want to play a normal good game, they shoud give us at least a 80-90% coupon on the main game i whoud instant buy the dlc because this game is good

and yeah i know there are many mistakes in my text im not a nativ speaker so be kind

Is clearly an aggressive poster and asks for us to be king in return. How thoughtful.
Did u even read the first post. The publisher is bankrupt. They cant do anything without the publishgers permission, and the publisher doenst exist.
And a coupon? WHy dont u write down the PSN and XBLA ID's of over 100,000 people and send em to ronimo.

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 am 

joost can you read this

im actually really annoyed okay so ill set the scene

i went to my friends house and played awesomenauts on his ps4 i thought it was well awesome and so i went home and checked the playstation store for it (on my ps3) i checked the screenshots to make sure it was the right one and i saw knaw and skølder so i thought awsome its has everyone but when i played the game it only had up to derpl and i feel like him to :drool:

but anyway could you please take this down from the playstation website so other people arnt decived and thanks for such a awsome (game even though im complaining?)

thanks.

captin custard :drone:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 am 

captin custard wrote:
joost can you read this

im actually really annoyed okay so ill set the scene

i went to my friends house and played awesomenauts on his ps4 i thought it was well awesome and so i went home and checked the playstation store for it (on my ps3) i checked the screenshots to make sure it was the right one and i saw knaw and skølder so i thought awsome its has everyone but when i played the game it only had up to derpl and i feel like him to :drool:

but anyway could you please take this down from the playstation website so other people arnt decived and thanks for such a awsome (game even though im complaining?)

thanks.

captin custard :drone:

U said u saw screenshots on the playstation store (those screenshots are from the original launch 2 years ago, when coco and derpl didn even exist) but then ur asking joost to take it down from the Playstation website. Where did u see the screenshots? The store or the site lol.
if u saw gnaw and skolldir on the site u were probably looking at the PS4 version.

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:04 pm 

I've had the console version for quite a while now and some new content really would be nice. The game gets boring at times because the lack of new content. getting content that the PC version has would be great and would make the game even more awesome (no pun intended) than it already is. Look at all the things the PC version has, then look at all the things things the console version has. Big difference. The PC version has 1 new map, 7 new characters (not including starstorm), and skins. People say you should patch the whole thing at once. Although that would be nice, people who only play the console version (like me) will get overwhelmed by all the new content and not know where to start. What you should do is first get in Gnaw and Skolldir or someone and a couple skins. THem 3 or 4 months later do the same thing, a couple of skins and characters. If you don't add in new characters, at least give us that other stage, it's getting a little boring playing on the same old maps over and over and a new map would make it so muck better. Even if you don't add that in either, at LEAST add skins. But, despite what I just said, even a little thing would satisfy me. Like smoother animations or having the full awesomenauts theme song whan a team gets AWESOME. I hope you take this for consideration ans finally patch the console versions little by little. Win the Cosmic War the AWESOMENAUTS! Leon kills: 2,000 and counting. :leoneyes:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next