Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Fannaut - Krobot (UPDATED WITH THEME AND VOICE INSPIRATIONS)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:08 am 

EDIT: Now with my headcanon voice and theme song inspiration. Still need to iron out her stats...

Bio
Krobot, or, Kora Vidder, as she's supposed to be known, was a movie critic on the planet Satellite 0, a planet that thrives on media and pop culture. She was the only critic that had the gall to give a negative review to a certain director...and that would end up her last review thanks to his literal explosive temper (but, come on, his movie was a total vanity pic and his last ones didn't even feel like they could be called adaptations!) When she came to, she found her self strapped onto an operating table, more 'bot than bird. Turns out, a scientist decided that she'd be the expendable...er, I mean perfect...project for his newest robotic upgrades. He helped her get into the Awesomenauts for her to gain a test drive for her new enhancements...and to get his robotics company on the map in the galaxy.

Stats
Health: 130 (160)
Movement speed: 7.1
Attack type: Long range
Role: Area Control/Harasser/Crowd Control
Mobility: Swift

Moves
Booster Rooster
Your wings are useless now; looks like you’ll need a different way to fly. Luckily, you’ve got those nifty jet boosters in your tailpipes! Use them to flutter around to your wired-up heart’s desire.

Pecking Order
A close ranged attack; Krobot uses her metallic beak to peck at her enemies a bit. Aim for the eyes like Hitchcock said! As a bonus, a bit of health is restored.
Damage: 4
Attack speed: 120
Health: 10
Range: 2.1

(Upgrades take the form of various movie theater snacks)

Finger Stingers
Krobot opens her fingers out and shoots out multiple bullets from them. It’s like millions of bees…my god…bees…
Damage: 6
Attackspeed: 120
Range: 7

(Upgrades take the form of DVD covers)

Egg Ain’t Bluffin’
Krobot grabs an egg grenade from her tailpipes, ready for throwing! It lingers a bit on the ground, and then KABOOM! All organic, hardboiled, with the delicious seasoning of PAIN.
Damage: 14
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Range: 14
Aiming time: 0.85 seconds (+0.55 animation)
Max aiming time: 1.5 seconds
Knockback: 0.9

(Upgrades take the form of painted Easter eggs)

Quotes

Chosen
"We got movie sign!"
"Wind me up, and turn the gears."
"Bah-weep-granah-weep-ninny-bong!"

Taunting
"Krobot: superior. You guys: inferior!"
"A bird on this team's worth two on yours!"
"And...IT STINKS!"
"Dull surprise!"
"This is easy as duck soup!"

Help
"I'm a sitting duck here!"
"My chickens are coming home to roost!"
"I'm entering a whole world of pain!"

Attack
"Fight and die!"
"Break their 100 percent streak!"
"Attack, attack!"

Defending
"Danger, danger!"
"Defend the royalty!"
"Ay-yi-yi-yi!"

Killing Spree
"It's universally acclaimed!"
"Finally! This moment has arrived!"
"I'm the wind, baby!"

Teleport
"This crow's gotta fly!"
"Bye, bye, birdie!"
"Intermission!"

Killing blow
"Give me your face!"
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
"It's all right to say 'hello, goodnight'."

Being Killed
"Two...thumbs...down..."
"Nevermore..."
"Rotten tomatoes..."

Purchases
"Mint-giver, I love you!"
"Ooh, it's so shiny!"

Voice actress of choice: Lucahjin (Note for a language and volume warning)
Theme song inspiration: "Fashion Zombies" by The Aquabats!

---

So, what do you guys think? My biggest inspirations for her (which is highlighted in her quotes) were Crow from Mystery Science Theater 3000, Transformers in general, and Jimmy the Robot from The Aquabats! Is there anything you'd change? Do you think she could theoretically make the cut?

DeadFingers wrote:
Rumor has it that her brain is made of Mixel pieces.

Also ZootyCutie on Steam!
My fanart!
Krobot
Kista Hotay
Main: V&S, Scoop, Clunk

Last edited by ZootyCutie on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fannaut - Krobot
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:39 am 

Thematically, she actually fits in with the 80s sci-fi theme due to the prevalence of animal shaped robots. To make her more unique though, you could draw more on her background and add something like a beret or some other stereotypical critic clothing to add a personal touch. The quotes vary a bit in quality, but I think you could make them more interesting by adding references to classic movies, like the original Aliens or Back to the Future.

Skills wise, you may want to rethink things.

Peaking Order needs a nerf on the lifesteal because 10 health every half second is too good of a lifesteal, I think around 50% lifesteal would be more fair. Also, buff the range a bit, melee range is generally around 3.4.

Finger Stingers doesn't have anything to do with area control, crowd control or harassing, it would probably be better to come up with something different, probably an AoE escape ability so that it can fulfill all three roles.

Egg Ain't Bluffin will definitely need a damage buff if its going to be her sniping tool since it seems to be one with its long range. Otherwise, it seems pretty good, though it wouldn't hurt to give it a CC effect on it so that it can fulfill a second role.

Overall, I think you've got her pinned down for the most part as a character, just add a bit more to make her stand out more. As a 'naut, there's much bigger room for improvement since she only seems to function somewhat as a harasser and nothing else.

Here's some information you may want to take into account when making changes to her.
Harassers poke and whittle down enemies from afar until they can easily finish them off and always have an escape tool of some kind.
Area Controllers can control a portion of the map with skills that can hamper or restrict movement in some way and generally function better in indirect combat.
Crowd Controllers have access to skills that inflict strong CCs (e.g. 1s silence) and focus on disrupting the enemy team and can punish poor positioning/initiations.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:42 am 

BrassAsteria wrote:
Thematically, she actually fits in with the 80s sci-fi theme due to the prevalence of animal shaped robots. To make her more unique though, you could draw more on her background and add something like a beret or some other stereotypical critic clothing to add a personal touch. The quotes vary a bit in quality, but I think you could make them more interesting by adding references to classic movies, like the original Aliens or Back to the Future.

Skills wise, you may want to rethink things.

Peaking Order needs a nerf on the lifesteal because 10 health every half second is too good of a lifesteal, I think around 50% lifesteal would be more fair. Also, buff the range a bit, melee range is generally around 3.4.

Finger Stingers doesn't have anything to do with area control, crowd control or harassing, it would probably be better to come up with something different, probably an AoE escape ability so that it can fulfill all three roles.

Egg Ain't Bluffin will definitely need a damage buff if its going to be her sniping tool since it seems to be one with its long range. Otherwise, it seems pretty good, though it wouldn't hurt to give it a CC effect on it so that it can fulfill a second role.

Overall, I think you've got her pinned down for the most part as a character, just add a bit more to make her stand out more. As a 'naut, there's much bigger room for improvement since she only seems to function somewhat as a harasser and nothing else.

Here's some information you may want to take into account when making changes to her.
Harassers poke and whittle down enemies from afar until they can easily finish them off and always have an escape tool of some kind.
Area Controllers can control a portion of the map with skills that can hamper or restrict movement in some way and generally function better in indirect combat.
Crowd Controllers have access to skills that inflict strong CCs (e.g. 1s silence) and focus on disrupting the enemy team and can punish poor positioning/initiations.

Thanks a bunch for the critique! I'm still a bit new when it comes for the terminology when it comes to the game's major features, so any information helps out a lot!

DeadFingers wrote:

My fanart!
Krobot
Kista Hotay

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:50 am 

I see, don't be afraid to visit the Awesomenauts gamepedia to find relevant stats and make comparisons. There are stats for a lot more things than you'd think.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 pm 

Nice one but not that much detatlied in the pic :blabl:

Post subject: Re: Fannaut - Krobot (UPDATED WITH NEW DESIGN)
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:48 pm 

Krobot's getting a rehaul! So far, I've got her new design (thanks to advice on this board for the tips!), and better stats will follow.

DeadFingers wrote:

My fanart!
Krobot
Kista Hotay

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am 

Finger Stingers looks like a secondary AA instead of a skill attack. I'm confused.

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:06 pm 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Finger Stingers looks like a secondary AA instead of a skill attack. I'm confused.

It does feel like just another AA.

You could modify it to be a cone based AoE that pushes Kro back.(it would give more of a area control and give the escape that nearly everyone else has.) Maybe have the damage do more farther away from Kro the naut hits, to still give the long range harass. This might be me just rambling.

Post subject: Re: Fannaut - Krobot (UPDATED WITH THEME AND VOICE INSPIRATI
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:43 pm 

Updated with my headcanon voice and what I'd like her theme to sound like. I still need to iron out her abilities, but I had these ideas I wanted to add.

DeadFingers wrote:

My fanart!
Krobot
Kista Hotay

Post subject: Re: Fannaut - Krobot (UPDATED WITH THEME AND VOICE INSPIRATI
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:52 pm 

Wow, kidnapped and turned into a machine (most likely against her will), that's kind of a really dark backstory...