Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: 'nauts not considered fullscreen?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 am 

Whenever I try to use nvidia experience to record my game I get an error message saying the game must be full screen for it to work... except it already is? even when I set it to full screen on the launcher it still fails to work everytime. It works fine on every other game, so I'm guessing it's a problem on 'nauts end.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post subject: Re: 'nauts not considered fullscreen?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am 

Thanks for reporting!

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

I play, with varying degrees of success:
:ayla: :jimmy: :CocoWink: :rae: :scoop: :rocco: :party: :ksenia:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 pm 

rpvarela wrote:
Whenever I try to use nvidia experience to record my game I get an error message saying the game must be full screen for it to work... except it already is? even when I set it to full screen on the launcher it still fails to work everytime. It works fine on every other game, so I'm guessing it's a problem on 'nauts end.

Steps I'd take: 1. Confirm updated NVIDIA Experience program and NVIDIA Drivers.
2. Disable any other overlay program which might be conflicting, like Windows Game Bar (it shouldn't, since I have both running but just to make sure).
3. If you can manually set the game from the experience program, attempt to do so (I believe some programs like this let you manually configure a game, as well as discord).

I'll report the issue on my end as well if kitty hasn't, though I have no problems myself using nvidia experience for recording purposes on 'nauts.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 am 

Nekomian wrote:
Steps I'd take: 1. Confirm updated NVIDIA Experience program and NVIDIA Drivers.
2. Disable any other overlay program which might be conflicting, like Windows Game Bar (it shouldn't, since I have both running but just to make sure).
3. If you can manually set the game from the experience program, attempt to do so (I believe some programs like this let you manually configure a game, as well as discord).

I'll report the issue on my end as well if kitty hasn't, though I have no problems myself using nvidia experience for recording purposes on 'nauts.

I don't have any other conflicting software for this so I don't think #2 isn't the problem and I can't set it manually on Geforce experience... at least not to my knowledge, I tried looking for an option... as for #1, well. Updating my driver to the latest version has caused me numerous problems (games such as Dark Souls 3 won't even start properly and Aero goes completely crazy, for instance) I am told by a friend of mine that this is probably because I still run on Windows 7, and the newer drivers may present some compatibility problems... so if that's what's causing it then I guess I can't do much about it. =P

I might as well try to reinstall nauts later, but we'll see.

EDIT: forgot to add that the game detecting tool employed by Geforce experience is automated and does not detect Awesomenauts as a game

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality