Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: How to configure your network for best online play
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:31 am 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am having trouble connecting to games with my friends.

At the moment I am in Korea at a university, which I assume is probably part of the problem but when i set things up to play it all seems fine but I can't ever connect to the games they get into even if we are in the same party. The odd thing is that it worked this morning for a while but the next time I tried it stopped working.

Any idea on how to fix this? Am I even able to play with NA people while in Korea? Would really like to keep playing.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Nightmare45 wrote:
Other steam games seem to work fine, however. Only Awesomenauts seems to have increased latency. :cry:

Awesomenauts is peer-to-peer, if the game cannot make a direct connection all data will be redirected through a Steam server, this adds a lot of extra latency. Setting up your router correctly is so important because that increases the chance of setting up a direct connection. Many games are Client-Server and do not have this problem.

Baofu wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am having trouble connecting to games with my friends.

At the moment I am in Korea at a university, which I assume is probably part of the problem but when i set things up to play it all seems fine but I can't ever connect to the games they get into even if we are in the same party. The odd thing is that it worked this morning for a while but the next time I tried it stopped working.

Any idea on how to fix this? Am I even able to play with NA people while in Korea? Would really like to keep playing.

If you are at a university everything depends on the configuration of the network over there. You could try to ask your network administrator. You should be able to play with people from all over the world.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 pm 

I Hate This game Now >> Can Not Play Online For One Week And Still No Fix :(

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 pm 

Steamworks P2P Networking:
UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound)

what does the (outbound) bit mean? do i just fill in all the boxes with the same number? confused :(

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:36 am 

i have followed all instructions and to no effect, any other advice?

no anti virus running, fire wall off, ect ect

to test we used one of my friends who has a strict nat from QLD (500 ping to me, 100 ping to my friend up the street who has a worce internet -_-) each method did nothing to improve the ping and as of such has left me quite dis hearteted :<

Learning: Derpl/Skolldir / Vinnie & Spike

league 2 , currently pristageing, not playing online right now so may drop (dropped from league 1)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6162

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 am 

Joost wrote:
Yeah, we actually do something with feedback on the forums! 8-)

Yeah Yeah :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am 

Thanks for posting these :D

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:11 pm 

I know the p2p system sucks and whatnot and is based on how far away you live; but I set it on 'Same region only' and i'm still getting people in Brazil and with 400 ping.. And it's getting really unplayable when I go against a Leon, Raelynn and clunk or something crazy like that.

I've forwarded my ports, put Awesomenauts and steam on my exceptions, enabled dmz, and verified the integrity in my cache and and nothing is working! Please help me, I really love this game; but the lag problem is putting me off to the point where I don't want to play anymore because of that reason.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am 

Thanks for posting these

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 pm 

Maarten wrote:
Nightmare45 wrote:
Other steam games seem to work fine, however. Only Awesomenauts seems to have increased latency. :cry:

Awesomenauts is peer-to-peer, if the game cannot make a direct connection all data will be redirected through a Steam server, this adds a lot of extra latency. Setting up your router correctly is so important because that increases the chance of setting up a direct connection. Many games are Client-Server and do not have this problem.

Right, so when will Awesomenauts have the same connection setup as other independent multiplayer games? P2P isn't working here and I surely hope you're working to abandon P2P. I haven't been able to recommend this game to my friends or subscribers because of it.

Keep in mind it is now January, four months after this thread's inception, and this issue has only gotten worse. If you're wanting your game to grow, fix this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next