Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Fixing a broken installation
 Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Quite a few people are reporting crashes in the new Awesomenauts patch (2.4). This is in almost all cases caused by Steam failing to properly update the game. Unfortunately Steam's Verify Integrity Of Game Cache does not always find the broken files. Even de-installing the game entirely and re-downloading it sometimes does not fix it. Therefore please try the following:

1. Right click Awesomenauts in Steam, go to "Properties", then "Local Files", then "Browse Local Files". This brings you to where Awesomenauts is installed on your hard disc.

2. Delete all files from these folders (if this is about the beta, do this in the beta folder):
Data\Animations
Data\AnimationTemplates
Data\Behaviours
Data\ControlScheme
Data\Particles
Data\Sound
Data\Textures
Data\TexturesSD

3. Right click Awesomenauts in Steam, go to "Properties", then "Local Files", then "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache". Steam will now download the removed files again (this will take a while).

4. After doing this the game should work again. If you are still having problems, try this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

5. If even that does not solve it, then please email your logs to Maarten (maarten@ronimo-games.com). Here's how to get/send logs: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2223

Please post whether doing the above fixed your issues or not, so that we can see what works and what does not.

Post subject: Re: Crashes since 2.4
 Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 pm 

Link broken :chew:

Anyway, I just played a match, the match suddenly freezed, I tabbed out and when I reswitch the screen was black.

Just now it just closed automatically.

:think:

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ

:shady: :shady:
Emo Chapington wrote:
Jakob is really nice and friendly :ayla:

:shady: :shady: :^)

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 pm 

Jakob wrote:
Link broken :chew:

Anyway, I just played a match, the match suddenly freezed, I tabbed out and when I reswitch the screen was black.

Just now it just closed automatically.

:think:

Having the same problem. Tried the steps mentioned by Joost which had absolutely no effect on this problem.

This bug only started with the most recent update. Hope they fix it soon, can't recommend this game when its got game breaking bugs like this. I'll try to get some logs tomorrow when I've got more time.

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Link fixed.

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:40 pm 

The above didn't work for me. I had success with removing the video files from Data/Videos and starting the game. No verification or anything.

Edit: I forgot to mention I was consistently crashing during the loading videos, which appears to be a different scenario than others. Manually displacing the two files solved the issue. However, it also appears .ogg files had become dissociated from a default program on this computer at some point in time. After assigning them to VLC I was able to boot the game normally with the videos in place. Strange, and I am not sure of the connection especially considering the sound resources include .ogg files as well.

Last edited by stev on Fri May 16, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:15 pm 

got DCed in 4 maches :tear:
hope this works :think:

|Android form app|
|only $25,000 to steam workshop|

─▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░██░█
█░▀▀█▀▀░▄▀░▄▀░░▀▀░▄▄░█
█░░░▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░██░▀▀░█
─▀▄▄▄▄▄▀─────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 am 

Im not sure if this is the problem, joost... All of the games i've been dc'ed from recently have come at the same time that a sentry player in the game dc'ed (NOT the host.) Twice it was my friend, and he said that his game froze and crashed, while mine did not freeze but i got dc'ed at the same time as him.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:31 am 

I think I'm seeing this as well, and none of the above steps worked for me. Each game I try to play since 2.4 freezes after a few minutes and I have to kill awesomenauts from the task manager.

I've sent the logs. Interestingly, I looked at them first and they talked about a missing asset. On a whim I changed from OpenGL to DirectX, and now instead of freezing I get disconnects.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:23 am 

I've done everything from step 1 to 3 and so far the crashing issue has been fixed for me, I played two matches online but have yet to have one with a Sentry in it. I'll be sure to comment on here again if i encounter any crashes while fighting him.

Edit1: I just played a practice match as Sentry-X-54 and there were no crashing issue.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:13 pm 

Another thing I've noticed is that when awesomenauts.exe is killed via task manager it closes down steam too. Why is that?

Also how did Sentry make it past the beta process if there were so many bugs associated with the character?

This bug also happens commonly in matches that don't have a Sentry in it so there must be another issue.