Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Mouse freedom on PC?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:52 pm 

I recently got this game

I've noticed theres a mouse sensitivity option but no matter what setting i choose, using the mouse in awesomenauts is almost impossible, it's like it has a limited max speed and responds really strangely

I thought this was intended, but then i saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3P3CAgTDY and saw that clearly this isnt the case, in that video he had total mouse freedom

How is this possible? Is there a setting im missing somewhere?

Post subject: Re: Mouse freedom on PC?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

A mouse with total freedom you say?.

Anyway, what I think is happening is that your mouse simply lags behind, because your computer has trouble running Awesomenauts. Try running it on a lower graphics setting and see what happens.

Alternatively, maybe you missed you can set your mouse sensitivity to 0 bars as well. I wouldn't know the effects, I've never fiddled with it and it has always worked fine.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 pm 

Doesnt the way the cursor ingame act totally different to when you have your mouse on the desktop?

Awesomenauts runs fine for me, i get no lag whatsoever

It's just the way the mouse control is really annoying, it makes it so hard to aim at things

edit:

What i mean is, why is there even mouse sensitivity at all? Why can't i just have the movement of the mouse be the same movement i get on my desktop?

For example, on my desktop if i want to make a big circle on the screen i can do it really easily with one sweep, and do it really fast

Ingame drawing big circles around my character is impossible, yet in the video i linked he seems to do it with ease?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:47 pm 

It can be possible that the game runs fine, but the mouse lags. I still recommend trying a lower graphics setting.

I have the sensivity on either 0 or 5 bars and it is the exact same sensitivity as my desktop.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm 

Groggy F wrote:
It can be possible that the game runs fine, but the mouse lags. I still recommend trying a lower graphics setting.

I have the sensivity on either 0 or 5 bars and it is the exact same sensitivity as my desktop.

So it doesnt change no matter what sensitivity you use???

That's really wierd

It's so hard to draw circles/shapes ingame

I've tried both windowed and fullscreen

I have a pretty powerful computer so it shouldn't be like that

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Do you have these mouse problems both in the Awesomenauts menus and during actual gameplay, or only during gameplay? The sensitivity setting only affects the gameplay mouse and does not affect the mouse during any of the menus.

In general, if the framerate is low, the mouse will start to feel unresponsive. I don't know what framerate you are running, but it is worth a try to see how it plays on Low graphics quality on really low resolution (800x600 for example). Does it play better if you do that? To take that a step further, try turning off vsync in the settings menu in Awesomenauts. This will give you even higher framerate.

Could you also try how the mouse feels when you run in Windowed mode when sensitivity is set to 0? With sensitivity at the lowest, the mouse should respond with the same sensitivity as in Windows.

Finally, do you have any weird type of mouse with acceleration or something like that?

PS. I moved your topic to the correct forum and deleted the duplicate one.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm 

Joost wrote:
I am not entirely sure what you mean. Do you have these mouse problems both in the Awesomenauts menus and during actual gameplay, or only during gameplay? The sensitivity setting only affects the gameplay mouse and does not affect the mouse during any of the menus.

In general, if the framerate is low, the mouse will start to feel unresponsive. I don't know what framerate you are running, but it is worth a try to see how it plays on Low graphics quality on really low resolution (800x600 for example). Does it play better if you do that? To take that a step further, try turning off vsync in the settings menu in Awesomenauts. This will give you even higher framerate.

Could you also try how the mouse feels when you run in Windowed mode when sensitivity is set to 0? With sensitivity at the lowest, the mouse should respond with the same sensitivity as in Windows.

Finally, do you have any weird type of mouse with acceleration or something like that?

PS. I moved your topic to the correct forum and deleted the duplicate one.

I only have them during gameplay

I tried fullscreen and windowed mode, no difference at all
FWIW, the game runs perfectly fine, it's only the mouse feeling very unresponsive.

Though i thought this was intentional (so that it isn't too easy to aim with the mouse) so i've been playing with it for a while...

I don't use mouse acceleration or any mouse with that - as soon as my mouse moves outside the window it goes back to normal like on my desktop

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Some other users also reported mouse issues, but they had a weird mouse with all kinds of extra driver features. Could you check whether you don't have anything weird running for your mouse?

Also, did you try the other things I suggested?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:19 pm 

My mouse also lags in game, not in menu just in game. Moving it up and down ir works fine but left right it lags horribly. Have prestigio dpi drivers installed.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm 

Unrelated, but might I suggest custom colour crosshairs for the PC version?
There's been many a time where it's near impossible to see the current plain white crosshair against tornados, explosions and other things.