Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Black screen
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 pm 

When i launch the game and it starts loading in it connects to voltars galactron and everything but sits there and only gives me the option to play offline which when clicked just gives me a black screen. No the other thread did no fix my problem.

Post subject: Re: Black screen
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 am 

do you still have the chat in the bottom right? If so then try just waiting in the menu for 5 mins or have a friend invite you to a custom lobby. This worked for me last time a similar bug cropped up

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 am 

eddster27 wrote:
do you still have the chat in the bottom right? If so then try just waiting in the menu for 5 mins or have a friend invite you to a custom lobby. This worked for me last time a similar bug cropped up

no

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 am 

havent been able to play in weeks

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 am 

Would recommend sending logs to support@ronimo-games.com .

Otherwise, more information would be needed; I understand the issue you're having, but these types of technicalities can be caused by MULTIPLE factors, such as inconsistent drivers, 3rd party applications running concurrently, OS updates (Windows does some weird things to applications sometimes), etc. This would be best suited for log files in this case then.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:43 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Honestly Yung I'd just go through the FAQsteps one by one and seeing if those things fix your problem. I'm talking about the following steps especially:

FAQ wrote:
0. Switch to the other render option (go from openGL to directX or the other way around)
1. update your video card drivers.
2. clear the download cache
3. The files might have been broken by Steam while downloading. So the first thing to do when there are problems is always to let Steam check the files. To do so, right click the game in the Steam menu, choose Properties, go to the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of Steam cache. It is okay if the game says it needed to redownload 1 file. (Link to Steam's official walkthrough on how to Verify Integrity of Game Cache)
4. reinstalling the entire game now becomes something you might want to consider

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:11 am 

Kewn wrote:
Honestly Yung I'd just go through the FAQsteps one by one and seeing if those things fix your problem. I'm talking about the following steps especially:

FAQ wrote:
0. Switch to the other render option (go from openGL to directX or the other way around)
1. update your video card drivers.
2. clear the download cache
3. The files might have been broken by Steam while downloading. So the first thing to do when there are problems is always to let Steam check the files. To do so, right click the game in the Steam menu, choose Properties, go to the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of Steam cache. It is okay if the game says it needed to redownload 1 file. (Link to Steam's official walkthrough on how to Verify Integrity of Game Cache)
4. reinstalling the entire game now becomes something you might want to consider

none worked can you tell me if im banned or not because i heard this is what happens when you get perma banned

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 pm 

I'm not sure why you'd be under the impression you've been banned, considering I believe that would happen at a SteamID level and not a "break the application entirely" level. You should still be able to play offline games when banned, although I'm not sure of the specific procedure ronimo uses to enforce actual bans since idk anyone who HAS been.

I would additionally check to make sure the render software (i.e. Direct X) has the most recent updates or hasn't become somehow corrupted (i.e. sector on the hard drive where it was located went bad and data couldn't be recovered...? this seems EXTREMELY unlikely since the game would most likely throw an exception, but I'm still listing it)? I'd try:

1. It seems counter-intuitive, but roll back your video card drivers and restart; Windows (if that's what you have) like to install "Microsoft Certified" proprietary drivers sometimes instead of ones by your graphics card manufacturer (i.e. Nvidia or AMD) and will replace them; I've had this happen multiple times, and it caused severe screen tearing on my monitor to occur. I reverted, and it's fine now.

2. If at all possible, use a home sharing account and access nauts from a DIFFERENT steam account (I'm not entirely sure how people do this, but I've heard you can share games in the same home somehow...). If it works then, it might be a separate problem with your actual SteamID or profile in some manner not being able to communicate with 'Nauts, or even a Firewall blocking the ports it uses (also not likely if you play other network games on steam, but it's worth noting applications can be blocked somehow by anti-virus and OS firewalls).

3. If literally resetting everything (i.e. reinstating or reinstalling steam + nauts, checking all firewalls, testing with another profile, checking all drivers, etc.) doesn't work, please DEFINITELY send logs if you haven't already. There's literally no other way to figure this out besides troubleshooting and log indications.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:08 pm 

k sent logs to log dude

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm 

OK RESPOND PLEASE LOG DUDE