Post subject: Rift bug
 Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:12 pm 

This happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6p2-X7 ... e=youtu.be

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post subject: Re: Rift bug
 Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:28 pm 

This is a somewhat inconsistent bug with rift when it comes to platforms. I've also had it (awhile ago albeit) where if I threw a rift onto the small area between a platform connecting to a wall it'd go downwards.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:27 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Is there any way to consistently reproduce this?

Thanks for reporting!

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 am 

Slevens wrote:
This is a somewhat inconsistent bug with rift when it comes to platforms. I've also had it (awhile ago albeit) where if I threw a rift onto the small area between a platform connecting to a wall it'd go downwards.

This is a fairly common bug; it happens with spawn-able entities on platforms like this, where they'll fall through. It also occurs with Skree's totem.
Kewn wrote:
Is there any way to consistently reproduce this?

Thanks for reporting!

I'll do some testing this morning and report back; if anyone else finds a way to consistently replicate the issue as well, feedback would be appreciated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Check the video out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMPiRS ... e=youtu.be .

Read the descriptions, as the title boxes got cut out during export for some stupid reason. I'd recommend either setting rift to a constant y-coordinate value upon ending of the wind animation or using invisible box collision on all of these platforms just for rift, as is shown with the front turret deployment where it doesn't let rift go any further.

Rift displacement seems to happen on very specific pixel edges, where the collision detection cannot decide WHERE to put rift exactly and just defaults to a very weird place; sometimes it even wobbles up and down, it's so uncertain! I can replicate the issue quite consistently, much so that it's kind of scary how broken it can be. For anyone struggling to do this, I'd recommend setting slide in a custom match to none and inching forward each time and deploying rift with the same motion until you deploy it on the edge and it falls off or wobbles.

Hopefully this video helps resolve this long standing issue.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 pm 

As far as the op is concerned, I've never seen a rift do that. Could it be that you saw one thing on your screen, but the host decided that the rift actually fell down?

Nekomian brings up some interesting interactions, but I don't mind if these stay in the game because they don't take away too much from the player. I sometimes do this bug on purpose (albeit rarely), but there are cases when you want the rift to fall straight down and the fact that it opens up before falling is an added bonus. Either way I don't care but that bug isn't annoying to me whatsoever.

Slevens wrote:

They patched that out of the game a while back.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:05 pm 

@Lucky: I've been told that rift collision details may be undergoing some maintenance soon, so keep your eyes out for any other bugs that may occur if things are changed :)! Hopefully it'll be more consistent in application rather than produce wonky results for each individual, lol.

Devmon52 wrote:

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
Edit: Check the video out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMPiRS ... e=youtu.be

This isn't the same as what OP was talking about - here you're either placing them on the edge so they are placed off, or you just miss the platform (at least once).

The bug that happened in the OP (i'm fairly certain) is that it was placed off the edge of a platform adjacent to a wall, which then quickly forced the rift back (so it didn't spawn in the wall). The actual issue was that the wall didn't place it high enough so it fell through the platform.

It's not 100% clear to see what actually happened though, since tolkki wasn't the raelynn player. The projectile sliding seen is a result of some net issue between tolkki and the rae, though probably minor.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:35 am 

Funnynin wrote:
Nekomian wrote:
Edit: Check the video out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMPiRS ... e=youtu.be

This isn't the same as what OP was talking about - here you're either placing them on the edge so they are placed off, or you just miss the platform (at least once).

The "miss" was shown to demonstrate (if you slow it down) that rift's ball-like deployment animation actually clipped into the platform and went through it entirely, which is kinda buggy-looking.

The OP's bug probably was a net issue with the client not knowing where rift was placed and then compensating for it after receiving the data, but rift still has its share of consistency issues is what I was trying to point out.

Devmon52 wrote:

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 am 

i'm pretty sure this is tied to a weird issue that also happens with gnaw (+ latency).

if you look closely at the video you can see that after the rift ball hits the platform it doesn't actually land but continues sliding before it hits a wall. similar things can happen with gnaw (and probably other characters but this is the only other one i've seen) where spit projectiles will sometimes slide off of a platform instead of landing on it.

tried reproing this but it prolly/most likely requires lag, or a really specific angle (doubtful of the last one since i spammed rifts for a while with the no cooldown mod on a solo custom game and they worked normally).

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
The "miss" was shown to demonstrate (if you slow it down) that rift's ball-like deployment animation actually clipped into the platform and went through it entirely

yea it looks buggy but it doesn't go through the platform, only its texture.

tolkki wrote:
tried reproing this but it prolly/most likely requires lag, or a really specific angle (doubtful of the last one since i spammed rifts for a while with the no cooldown mod on a solo custom game and they worked normally).

yea that bug does need some kind of lag/dropped packets, and it will never happen on clientside (you only see someone else doing it). additionally the final slide position isn't usually where it actually ends, and it'll clip back to where it "actually" landed.

the main bug in the OP should've been fixed with the latest patch though.