Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: some things
 Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm 

- So I went to the test map ("trying" a naut) and stood in the solar rain, the solar count caps at 65535. Not sure if you want to keep it like that or change to some better formed number like 99999?

- The "skill help" setting does not have a description text when hovering over it with the cursor.

- When firing Derpl nuke and transforming to normal, it will still display the key to detonate the nuke even though you aren't able to in normal mode.

Post subject: Re: some things
 Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:05 pm 

mugg1991 wrote:
- So I went to the test map ("trying" a naut) and stood in the solar rain, the solar count caps at 65535. Not sure if you want to keep it like that or change to some better formed number like 99999?

65535 isn't just a random number, it's the maximum value for a short (16 bit integer).

Changing the limit doesn't really serve any purpose, since most people will never stand on that button long enough to reach the limit and you can't spend that much solar anyway. In fact, increasing it (even by 1) would require extra memory to store the number.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
The first one doesn't seem to have any importance since it's not like you'll ever need that much solar to begin with.

I'll still report it though so thanks for reporting!

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm 

Chirimorin wrote:
mugg1991 wrote:

65535 isn't just a random number, it's the maximum value for a short (16 bit integer).

Changing the limit doesn't really serve any purpose, since most people will never stand on that button long enough to reach the limit and you can't spend that much solar anyway. In fact, increasing it (even by 1) would require extra memory to store the number.

I know that, but suggested it anyway. I guess performance is more important to me though.