Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [Bug] Player dock causes streams to freeze
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:00 pm 

Hi! An issue has been noted in the 'nauts streaming community where enabling the player status dock results in the streams freezing during the droppod sequence and whilst opening the shop. Amusingly, the screen area around the player dock does not freeze, but the rest of the screen does. This clip shows the issue during Eddster's stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteAthleticBarracudaCorgiDerp

Edd mentioned another issue another issue that only occurs whilst streaming as well. For some reason it's problematic getting the skill tooltips to show up when hovering over them on the scoreboard. This clip demonstrates it: https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantSnappyRedpandaRickroll

These issues have been affecting multiple streamers when they have the status dock enabled, but not everyone. I know Eddster is using Windows 10 and is streaming with OBS Studio. No idea if he's running the game in OpenGL or DirectX, but if you need more information I could ask him.

Edit: I tested it myself, and the freezing only occurs when streaming the game in OpenGL mode; DirectX is fine. I tested it in both fullscreen and borderless windowed to be thorough, and it occurs in both cases. I use OBS Classic and Windows 7, so different streaming client, different operating system. Some strange incompatibility with the way OpenGL renders the game and the way streaming clients captures game windows.

Last edited by Space Admiral Laika on Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [Bug] Player dock causes streams to freeze
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Thanks for reporting!

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post subject: Re: [Bug] Player dock causes streams to freeze
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:01 pm 

I tested it myself, and the freezing only occurs when streaming the game in OpenGL mode; DirectX is fine. I tested it in both fullscreen and borderless windowed to be thorough, and it occurs in both cases. I use OBS Classic and Windows 7, so different streaming client, different operating system. Some strange incompatibility with the way OpenGL renders the game and the way streaming clients captures game windows.