Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: droid pathing (and numbers?)
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:48 pm 

droids frequently jump over each other, often allowing for damage to be done to structures - the base in particular. notable on sorona's bottom lane towards the rear turret, and aiguillon lower rear turrets. has been a problem since forever i just never made a thread until now

i also occasionally see three droids on one lane and two on the other for five total, when the other side does not receive this number. unless i am mistaken and there is only one droid on the other, in which case this simply falls back to droid pathing in the base. cannot currently find a screenshot

here's an example of the droid pathing: https://gfycat.com/MassiveYawningCow

i didn't see this reported recently sorry if it has

Post subject: Re: droid pathing (and numbers?)
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Ah, yes.

This has been a problem for so long I am willing to put money on the official response eventually evolving into "it is an intended feature".

I can also attest to sometimes seeing triple droids in a wave, although it is a rare occurrence.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Hello Saxonrau Esq.,

The current way droids work is that they jump via invisible blocks, when they hit those blocks they jump but they only work per team. What you see happening in that gif is that the red droid jumps as soon as it hits that invisible block. The blue droid doesn't jump because it can't react to a block that isn't from it's own team. With this way of droid pathing it's easy to get droids to work on almost any map. But droids may also get pushed away from those jump blocks causing them to end up in the wrong lanes. When they land there, they just act as if they're supposed to be there.

I'll still report this issue, I just wanted to explain how droids currently work and what's causing them to act this way.

Thanks for reporting!

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:47 pm 

Here to add:

top lane on 205 they do the same

on sorona back lane the droids jump from the top lane to land directly in front of the turret
no idea why this happens but it's very annoying and feels unintentional because it looks so awkard

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:14 pm 

I thought this was a well known bug hmm.
anyways, the pathing for ribbit IV is ass, I have no idea if it has to do with hosting, multithreading settings or whatever. but for the longest time i've seen a bug where the droids would take their lanes randomly, meaning that 4 or 3 droids could go to top or bottom lane, while 1 or no droids would take the other lane. I think it has existed since the beggining of time but if nobody else but me knows about this i'll try to trigger it and capture the footage.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/