Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Lux in general
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 am 

It seems like hes practically invincible if you dont have good stuns or swiggins on your team since he can charage out of any situation and his chase seems too good since he has high AA and mobilty on top of missiles. But if there is a way to counter him, please tell me.

Post subject: Re: Lux in general
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:43 pm 

Like Yoolip, I think he/she is very stage dependable character. She shines especially on Aguillon, which is vertically narrow and allows easy push rushing, is semi length so that your push reaches the turret from the middle and doesnt allow enemy to escape, and has the invisible eye. But she is not even half as good on Sorona, which has plenty of vertical escape routes, and turrets are way too far from the middle point for effective push against them.

Altogether she is good, but at least in league 3 matches, not so popular character -at all-, and not one I would be too worried about. Except on Aguillon, where I pick her myself. :jimmy:

When it comes to stage dependibility (word?), Derpl is still the king though. :fist:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 am 

You seem to be aware that stuns counter him, so I'll just mention Ksenia as a p. good lux counter

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:09 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
You seem to be aware that stuns counter him, so I'll just mention Ksenia as a p. good lux counter

????

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

Lux is one of the only characters that doesn't get one shot by Ksenia as well as him just straight out damaging her lol

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

eddster27 wrote:
Noeabe wrote:
@MrPillowTheGreat
Says the Genji main...

Good to see that your sarcasm detector is working at 100% capacity

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm 

is ther any good way to kill him though? because with his sustain and shield it seems pretty hard

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm 

Dewott610 wrote:
is ther any good way to kill him though? because with his sustain and shield it seems pretty hard

Shouldn't really try to brawl against him since he outclasses everyone with his aoe damage, hp pool and overall damage. Really his main weakness is stun and or displacement; Skoll, Leon, Swig and sometimes Derpl (map dependent) are quite good against him but when it comes to fighting a Lux I think it's always better to have a second player help you with him.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

eddster27 wrote:
Noeabe wrote:
@MrPillowTheGreat
Says the Genji main...

Good to see that your sarcasm detector is working at 100% capacity

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:07 pm 

ksenia can do like 600 dmg to jimmy for free at any moment and if she can find the silence on him another 400 and then just run out. if she has slow its not like jimmy can catch up to her even with charge.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 am 

Be aware of his positioning. Don't let him get cheap kills by pushing you towards his teammates/turrets. Try to keep you distance to bait his charge so it's on cooldown when you are brawling him.

Skolldir and scoop are great at interrupting his charge. Ksenia and vinnie are great against everyone.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 am 

Focus on pushing top first and when you get pushed, don't try to jump immediately. Experienced Lux players tend to jump during charging to counter the victims instinctive attempt to jump away.

Also try to sit on your slows, snares and stuns during teamfights until the inevitable moment where Lux gets behind you and goes for the charge. Especially Rae and Froggy are often caught on CD when Lux charges into team fights.

I play Lux a lot, and I find the hardest counters are Skol with stunpunch (op as hell against Lux) and Yoolip with range on gaze. People here mention Ksenia, but while she wins most duels, if you save your Charge for disengage, she can't kill you (and you tend get your HP back a lot quicker than she does). Penny and Leon are more lethal because they can outbrawl you and still pounce/tongue to foil your escape.