Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Is there anyway to be more Consistent with my Plays?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:43 pm 

(For Refrence im a Chucho and Ix main)

I've noticed I've become incredibly inconsistent over the course of this month with my Plays.
One match I'll be on Fire and go something Ridiculous like 12/2 then the next i'm in the Gutter Unable to fight back at 0/5.

I'm not sure whats changing between matches thats causing this to be the case but I'd like to know if theres anything I can do to try and make myself more Consistent in my Matches.

-Blue :tongue:

Subs: :worship: :clap: :think:
Trying to Learn: Frizzy McLizzy
Break: :scoop: :aylaroll:
ChrisD wrote:
*Add user Kua to "Never listen to Balance ideas" list*

:CocoWink:

Stream

Post subject: Re: Is there anyway to be more Consistent with my Plays?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:17 pm 

It's probably because of both teams comp.
It pretty much comes to analyzing enemies. You need to see if they are good/bad, what skills/upgrades are they using, do they play passively or offensively, do they always stick together or there is someone who is walking alone. You just need to fit your playstyle and build to them as effective as you can.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:23 pm 

A common problem I see in experienced players is that they don't adapt their play style that frequently.
People often end up being too aggressive when they should be running or being too passive when you can go in hard.
Top players tend to adapt to the situation much more frequently depending on matchups and the current situation.

If you are having wildly inconsistent results it tells me that sometimes the situation matches your playstyle (see 12/2 games) whereas other times it does not (see 0/5 games).

I would recommend thinking more about when you can be aggressive and when you should be passive. Recently I had one of these revelations during a comp game. I see someone teleport back, even though me and my whole team is half hp we could be super aggressive in that moment since it was a guaranteed 3vs2 fight.

Picking up these small cues such as someone teleporting back, excess or lack of minimap awareness, positioning, cooldowns etc. and using them to either be more aggressive or more defensive would probably help quite a lot.

I may have completely misread your problem but regardless it's some good advice to follow :scoop:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
A common problem I see in experienced players is that they don't adapt their play style that frequently.
People often end up being too aggressive when they should be running or being too passive when you can go in hard.
Top players tend to adapt to the situation much more frequently depending on matchups and the current situation.

If you are having wildly inconsistent results it tells me that sometimes the situation matches your playstyle (see 12/2 games) whereas other times it does not (see 0/5 games).

I would recommend thinking more about when you can be aggressive and when you should be passive. Recently I had one of these revelations during a comp game. I see someone teleport back, even though me and my whole team is half hp we could be super aggressive in that moment since it was a guaranteed 3vs2 fight.

Picking up these small cues such as someone teleporting back, excess or lack of minimap awareness, positioning, cooldowns etc. and using them to either be more aggressive or more defensive would probably help quite a lot.

I may have completely misread your problem but regardless it's some good advice to follow :scoop:

Thats actually something I never Considered before. I'll be trying to keep note on not falling into a Set Strategy and Playstyle from now on and try and focus on the Current Situation apposed to the ones I've set out in my Head.

Thanks!

-Blue :tongue:

Subs: :worship: :clap: :think:
Trying to Learn: Frizzy McLizzy
Break: :scoop: :aylaroll:
ChrisD wrote:
*Add user Kua to "Never listen to Balance ideas" list*

:CocoWink:

Stream

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:50 am 

I mean, the long and short of it is to git gud. Keep practicing and over time you'll get better.
Ix and (more specifically) Chucho do get absolutely destroyed by specific team comps however. Silences screw with Ix hard, and if anyone can lock you down when you try to Nitro as Chucho you're gone.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: (MaxEmote), [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:00 pm 

Not that I'm a top player, but what Edd said was also my first thought.

Really, really often when a team is doing badly (or even just part of a team) it's because players aren't adapting to one another, but are doing what they've always done whether it's called for in this match and scenario or not. I run into this a lot while playing with certain players, ones I know that are highly skilled.

A lot of the time it's a difference between team mindset and solo mindset for me. I expect the whole team to follow the initiator like glue, and wait for the initiation before making a move in a teamfight so that we can get the most out of the engagement; my teammate is used to complete self-reliance using characters that can take care of themselves, and often goes in whenever he feels like it, regardless of the rest of his team. He knows he can get in, possibly get a kill, and get out, and often he does; but the other two are at a disadvantage when an encounter happens that doesn't sync up with his solo dives, and it's a 2v3. If this desync happens too often, he can't get kills and neither can we, and the snowball happens.

Don't be afraid to communicate your basic thoughts in chat during downtime. Constant typing is bad, but not all typing. That second or two to explain the strategy you have in mind and clear up any confusion between what you and your teammates are thinking might be the one thing that brings everyone onto the same page and decides which way the game goes.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm 

Always look to fight when you're 3v3 or ahead, always look to pressure droid waves if you're 2v3 or 3v3. You can get out of a lot of 1v3s by clearing intelligently.

I think that 99% of players don't play aggressively enough.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:58 pm 

As a fellow ChooChoo Crook :chucho: player, my advice is this - outrange.

Always stay back from the enemy and don't go in unless you have a guaranteed escape, or need to make an important pick with sticky. This lets you harass melee characters ( :fist: :nibbswink: :GnawCry: :jimmy: :yoolip: ) with little risk, and stay away from your counters ( :LeonWink: :facepalm: :party: :ix: :thumb: ) better.

What I like to do is nitro in and immediately jump backwards off Ramona before anyone can hit me. This lets Ramona do the up close damage while you sit back and chuck stickies. This usually works best with BOOM Gas, as you can detonate Ramona when she's low and have her back asap for other purposes.

ADDITIONAL CHUCHO TIPS -

-Don't mount Ramona while in a timeslow. The self-stun animation will take forever and you'll be shredded.

-When paired with a high DPS character ( :nibbswink: :aylaroll: :tear: ), try getting slow on stickybomb to help them land their damage. Slow also helps keep speedy harassers off your tail.

-Remember, Ramona can fly. Think in 8 directions when escaping.

-Trick-up your-sleeve is still a meme upgrade. Get Four-Eyed-Visor if you want more damage besides License to Kill.

+However, TUYS does annihilate Derpls who like to camp in siege mode thinking they're invincible, as the small bomb is guaranteed to stick if they stay in siege.

-Chucho has no lifesteal or sustain upgrades. Get regen for staying in the fight.

I should write a guide...

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:57 pm 

eddster27 wrote:

That might explain my own inconsistencies.

I have more of an agressive playstyle - at times I will just waste unnecessary deaths. But on the other hand, I find it frustrating to just wait until the right occasion occurs, I almost always try to poke or do something, anything.

I might try to be more passive next time my game goes south, thanks

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:04 pm 

I feel that the best way to get better at awesomenauts (so also becoming more consistent).
Is by learning from the mistakes you make.

This seems really simple and almost stupid. Yet by carefully analysing replays and continuously asking yourself "what could I have done better there" (even when the thing you did, did work out), you automatically become quiet a bit better.

I feel the difference between good and bad players is that good players are willing to learn from their mistakes (even if they're not obvious), while bad players generally blame it on something else (lag or teammates).

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]