Ok, this is going to be a long list. As you may have noticed, the last patch didn't contain any balance changes. That's because we've been gathering tons of data, reading up on the forums and talking to lots of community members.
These will all be put into a beta very soon.
Anyway, let me know what you think.
- All silence durations increased x4, prices reduced 25%
x4 might be a bit much. x2 is a much more reasonable point. You guys obviously know how long even 2 seconds of any debuff is in this game, and Leon's silence would be a little strong at 4 seconds.
- Adjusted Droid levelling. Droids level up every 6 minutes, adding +20 HP, +1 damage, +40% turret damage,
Sweet, this would certainly break turtles very quickly. However, I wonder what the implications for mid game are... Indirect buff to healing nauts as well, which is nice.
- Let flying droids level up like walking droids (current state will be about their maximum)
They were a bit tough to deal with before, this is a good way to make them feel even throughout a fight: I did like the deterrent factor they had though. I hope they are still a threat for the other team.
- Power pills lite give 25 hp per pill, at 110 solar
Slightly reduces the effectiveness of Double pills.
- Base stun duration 0.5 -> 0.7
- Ice Cubes stun duration +0.5 -> +0.4
- Ice Cubes cost 160-> 175
These are nice changes and won't break the Naut. It's not a huge price increase, and the stun is still just as powerful: just Cubes aren't AS necessary.
- Hydro splash cost 140 -> 120
- Hydro Smash cost 320 -> 280
Certainly makes these upgrades a lot more attractive.
- Clock Necklace cost 190 -> 200
- Golden watch cost 120 -> 110
Price standardization. Nice.
- Hammer Pants damage 25 -> 20
Making the splash upgrades attractive again, especially for new players.
- Right Back at Ya cost 290 -> 300
Not a big deal, the 10 solar is just another second or two of farming.
- Can't touch this shield +40 -> +60
This is now a very attractive upgrade.
- Viridian Eel Cartridges cost 225 -> 140
Considering Froggy's gun's base range, this change is really good. Piercing is actually worth its price.
- Change Mutant Worms: Ninja Edition, deal +15 damage after landing whirlwind or dash
Whoa. Cool ideas incoming...
- Dynamite no longer needs a 0.3s arming time
Oh not this again.
- Incendiary Bomb cost 180 -> 160
180 price might have been a bit high, but 160 is a bit low it seems. 170 is a moderate choice.
- Bull Charger cost 125 -> 180
Seeing as how powerful this upgrade was for pushing, this might have been necessary
- Techno Viking Helmet cost 190 -> 150
Considering the power of the upgrade under most circumstances, this is a good idea. I like the new price.
- Techno Viking Helmet damage +4 -> +6
Reward +. Cool.
- Missiles speed increased
- Missile and Another Missile cost 225 -> 175
I'm not a fan of all of these changes at once. This is a massive buff to an upgrade that saw a really strong buff not too long ago. Increase the speed OR reduce the cost, but both at the same time might cause Console level power of missiles that I'm not sure are a good idea to go back to.
- Booming Bullets cost 190 -> 160
sure, why not? honestly not the most ridiculous upgrade, and I always thought it should cost less. Let's see what happens.
- Steel false teeth gives +8 hp per hit
Solid hp steal insteal of %. I like it under most circumstances, but the full HP leon build SimbL popularized will take a huge hit off of this.
- Magnet piercing gives 3 solar per hit
AFAIC this is a buff. Combining damage with Solar increases was a funny thing to do, but the static 3 solar per hit is much better for most builds.
- Tongue stretcher cost 180 -> 145
Well, this is fair considering the nerf it got.
- Extra Battery Pack dummy health +30 -> +40
This will make it a lot more confusing to know which is which. I approve.
- Blow up doll cost 220 -> 200
Annoying upgrade, but it did need a cost reduction.
- Electrifier effect dealt by dummies reduced by 50%
I don't know what to think: I never used electrifier much.
- Electrifier level 1 duration +0.4s -> 1s
- Electrifier level 2 duration +0.8s -> 1s
I might start using electrifier
- Crit and Surprise Party Mask don't work on turrets
It'll be interesting to see what happens from this: I still foresee me using a lot of crit, simply for player burst.
- Medical Pump cost 210 -> 240
Sure, keeps the costs in line with Pills a bit more, while respecting the fact that it's not *permanent*.
- Power convertor gives +14 HP over 7 seconds on hit
So long as this gets rid of the negative effect of reducing damage for double HP or w.e, a HoT would be cool.
- Blueprints container cost 145 -> 120
I still foresee this upgrade being slightly rare...
- Thermonuclear Cleaner damage +20 -> +16
... though this might change my mind. I'm not sure if the 8 dmg nerf was really needed for explode
- Grease Lightning Snail 180 -> 165
Thank you. This is a great idea.
- Reduced range
- Removed base homing
- Increase Improved Homing Sensor homing 320 -> 380
- Reduced Missile damage vs turrets -25%
Somebody doesn't like outranging turrets at level 1... or pushing. That last nerf is, IMO, unecessary if the others go through. His DPS is already low against turrets.
- Clunk base hp 220 -> 200
Aaaand we'll have to see. Probably needed it.
- Voltar's drones no longer have collision
THANK YOU HOLY CRAP.
- Warpgate overdrive cost 250 -> 200
A nice buff. Explode builds got a good boost.
- Psychothrust cost 180 -> 155
Helpful, but we'll see if it beats out other upgrades.
- Twisted nightmares cost 270 -> 200
- Twisted nightmares heal over time +10 -> +15
Twisted nightmares just became a decent upgrade. For that price, the heal seems balanced... but we'll, again, have to see in practice.
- Healbot no longer gets solar
And now he's on par with Yuri. Ha!
- Tentacle Soup cost 130 -> 150
Yeah, that slow was a little strong... but +40 solar at max upgrades? again, a moderate route of 140 solar would be prudent.
- Overcharged Metabolism also adds 1 second duration to the spit puddle
Solid, gives the upgrade a good reason for existing.
- Weedling base health 50 -> 60
- Fertilizer Health +50 -> +35
- Fertilizer cost 165 -> 180
- Wild Growth cost 140 -> 120
Overall, make fertilizer unecessary and allows builds to focus on more damage.
- Change Flex Neck effect only works when weedlings are full hp
Neat! We'll have to see how this works in practice, but I think this is a significant nerf in the long run: a single poke will put these out of commission for a few seconds.
- Flex Neck cost 295 -> 260
- Corrosive Spores cost 140 -> 180
Probably warranted, but with the flex neck nerf a more moderate increase to solar cost would have been prudent. 150 or 160 instead.
- Base weeds Gnaw can carry 2 -> 1
Solid. Maybe we should increase the capacity of bag of seeds again to compensate?
- Base Attack speed 150 -> 120
- Base attack damage 6 -> 7
- Rotten Teeth damage 7 -> 8
- Dental Braces cost 225 -> 165
I like buffs. This emphasizes Gnaw's hit and Run attack strategy I'm fond of, so I approve.
- Health upgrades no longer give health bonusses to Weedlings
And there's our problem solved. Gnaw might be skillful again.
- Base range 7 -> 8
- Conducting gel range +7 -> +4
Nice, but doesn't really change builds that much. Just stops really random CoCo balls from flying all over the place.
- Oily Spray On Bronze no longer affects Cooldowns, dot's, hot's, status effects, and movement speed, provides a 100% attackspeed increase for 3s
Oh crap. I'll leave this to Bear to deal with.
- Base cooldown of throw 8 -> 10
- Crankin' Dumbbells cooldown reduction 1 -> 2
Probably a good idea. I like that the upgrade is now important and that timing throw is even more skill oriented than before.
- Throw base stun duration -0.2
I'm a little confused as to the effect of this.
- Reduced throw hitbox height
- Power Briefs cost 135 -> 150
Puts it in line with other damage upgrades.
- Axethrowing Trophy cost 210 -> 160
- Axethrowing Trophy increases Gnome range
Skolldir is my new favourite. Artillery mode, engage!
- Base damage 30 -> 35
Good, I like that it has more stopping power.
- Small Volcano height increase +3 -> +5
This... will be interesting to see. If you can no longer avoid it, then it's a bit of an issue.
- Enhanced Muscle Fibers cooldown 4s -> 2s
Kinda needed, but still not super attractive. Might be fun to try with the snare.
- Stone Twins cost 200 -> 160
That reflects the power of the upgrade a bit better.
- Perfumed White Flowers increases damage of 3rd Bash combo hit by 7/14
Yay for standard amounts of damage!
- Perfumed White Flowers cost 250 -> 220
Nice to have considering the power of the upgrade, what with being a bit weaker than others and all.
- Rubber Ducky Choker cost 170 -> 240
Nice to see...
- Flaming Fists cost 160 -> 200
Also nice to see... but considering how solar starved Skoll usually is, this will force players to play differently.
- Increase base mine damage to 35
- Titanium spikes damage +8 > +5, cost 155 -> 110
- Uranium Spikes damage +24 > +15, cost 400 -> 280
This will certainly encourage other builds, but I honestly thought mines were more or less fine. The total nerf to damage output might have been too much.
- Toaster timer split into two stages of +4s each, at 110 solar
Good, this certainly makes the upgrade a bit less silly for its cost.
- Aerial spring also increases vertical speed of mines
Down with that. A lot harder to dodge, but still doable I'm guessing...
- Base bubble slow 20% -> 30%
Yay for more usefulness at base!
- Chrono rift slow +25% -> 20%, cost 250 -> 220
Overall buff to slow bubble. Should be interesting, but I foresee a lot of rage against the power of the slow...
- Regeneration Pod cost 150 -> 140
- Pod Pack Deluxe cost 290 -> 270
Considering the power of the upgrades, this was a nice change.
- Time to next charge 0.7 -> 0.4
Okay, this is nice. Makes damage upgrades a bit more powerful
- Base Attack Speed 240 -> 300
Same as before.
- Instant Charge Battery attack speed increase per level +35% -> +20%
Reduction in cost plox, they just got nerfed and I thought they were fine before: now with the base atk speed increase, these could use a price change with this effectiveness change.
- Flyswatter cost 165 -> 140
Not sure if needed, but we'll see.
- Baby Yeti cost 225 -> 200
It was a strong upgrade, not sure if it needed a price change: if it did, maybe a slightly less generous reduction
- Return rift flying speed
- Base cooldown -1s
- Base height +0.5
And we're back in business! This is good.
- HC bomb cuddles damage x2 -> x4
BOOYA! This oughta be fun :3 Encourages non- attack speed builds to appear
- T-800 Dome cost 210 -> 150
Solid, this was needed...
- T-800 Dome droids no longer drop solar
And that makes my new build viable. I'm totally cool with this, though it might not have been necessary.
- Snipe base damage 35 -> 50
- Snipe base range 16 -> 18
HUGE buff to base snipe. Not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see if Snipe requires a charge time nerf or not later.
- Iron rifle gives CC immunity during chargeup
Yay for an interesting upgrade! Now reduce the price a tad, since 260 for CC immunity seems a bit too much.
- Casettedeck magazine cooldown -1s > -1.5s, cost 165 >145 solar
GOod, this upgrade needed the love... although... DMG, CD Reduc, and Range will be the new base build for Rae Rae.
- Laserpointer blind duration +2s
Solid, the upgrade was lacking before.
- Flashy glasses +7% > +8%
Not a big buff, but coupled with the base dmg increase I do see flashy glasses making a come back.
- Gryc lubricator range +8 -> +7
Aww, my offscreen kills will happens slightly less often. TO be honest though, the range it had before was SILLY.
- Monkey hand price 75 > 50 solar
That seems better.
- Make nuke aimable
- Nuke base damage 40 -> 50
And the detterrence factor seems to be slowly increasing
- Hydrocollision lava lamp cost 225 -> 185
Good, this was needed.
- Empowered grid cost 145 -> 115
Was this needed?
- Strengthened trap cost 135 -> 195
That's a pretty drastic price change...
- Super-powered grid cost 260 -> 210
Keeping it in line with the other upgrade, solid.
- Reduced base cooldown to 1.5s
Sweet, but what about deployment pads?
- Deployment pads now deals a knockback pulse
Sweet? There might need to be some price changes...
- Force field cost 130 -> 100
- Brim force field cost 320 -> 290
Brim Forcefield is only 10 solar cheaper than the 3/3 rank shield. Not sure if worth price over earlier gains.
- Kitty catsuit cost 160 ->140
That helps reduce the price a bit, which is nice. I still think it oughta be in line damage wise with the Bat Cat suit.
- Catcat cost 200 -> 150
Because I totally use this upgrade.
Vinnie & Spike
- Bag full of Goldfish cost 165 -> 100
Nice, but I'm still not going to buy it normally.
- Base duration 3s -> 4s
This is nice too, but I'll have to see if this is a bit much or not for myself to decide whether I think it's good or not.
- Withered president mask reduces the cooldown of Spike Dive
Making this available for lower level players is massive, and was absolutely essential. Thank you.
- Rubber mask get solar for every enemy in the cloud
Now THIS oughta be interesting!! Solar Krab Burgers now have a use!
- Loanshark gives 50 hp per kill, instead of solar
Solid! I like it a lot :3
- Base health 110 -> 125
- The range of the Godfish effect has been increased
Whoo hoo? Can't say I'm super excited, but it does make it a lot more reliable so I'm all for it.