Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm
Posts: 130
Devenger wrote:
You've probably already thought of this, but if you wanted to play with fire, you could compress the URL more by exploiting the fact that no upgrade slot can have more than 5 states (0/1/2/3/4 ranks purchased), then represent two slots in one character by mapping 25 letters to the 25 different possible combinations (e.g. where 1 <= ch <= 25, first slot's rank is floor(ch / 5), second slot's rank is ch mod 5).


Well, didn't think of that compressed URL thing but let's keep things simple :D The length of the URL is definitely not a problem.

_________________
Nautsbuilder (forum post) - L'homme pigeon


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
Leimi wrote:
Thanks :)

Hmmm, by "Droids/Turrets DPS", you mean the usual character DPS is changed when hitting droids and turrets? If so, is there any concrete numbers somewhere? Couldn't find it on the wiki.


I love you.

I was going to code something like this in PHP, yesterday, but you beat me to it. >_>

And yes, for Coco, there's an upgrade that changes her Shock vs Turret DPS.

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm
Posts: 130
MikalMirkas wrote:
And yes, for Coco, there's an upgrade that changes her Shock vs Turret DPS.


Oh ok, thought everybody's DPS changed on turrets.

_________________
Nautsbuilder (forum post) - L'homme pigeon


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
Leimi wrote:
MikalMirkas wrote:
And yes, for Coco, there's an upgrade that changes her Shock vs Turret DPS.


Oh ok, thought everybody's DPS changed on turrets.

It's weird.

Damage vs Turrets changes depending on the skill, and the 'Naut.

Coco's Shock Attack does 90% on Turrets. No other skill does that - it's either 100% or 50%.

Her Shock Attack can be upgraded to do >100% on Turrets.

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm
Posts: 130
MikalMirkas wrote:
It's weird. ..

Ok well, we'll see when adding other characters.

I updated the page with a better UI! I think I am (or we are? :p) gonna be able to add other characters pretty soon.

_________________
Nautsbuilder (forum post) - L'homme pigeon


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 21
This is very nice!

Quick typo, "Cloacking Skin" -> "Cloaking Skin".

Keep up the good work! :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
Leimi wrote:
MikalMirkas wrote:
It's weird. ..

Ok well, we'll see when adding other characters.

I updated the page with a better UI! I think I am (or we are? :p) gonna be able to add other characters pretty soon.

The font used in game is Ethnocentric and Zekton - both are free fonts, see if you can upload them to your server and call for the fonts to be used - it'll make the layout look a lot more authentic.

Also, "Cloacking Skin"'s row is hidden at base but Tongue Snatch isn't? wot

If you need my help in anyway, let me know - I'll be happy to contribute to this project. I also recommend that you list the required player level - i.e. the player level needed to unlock certain upgrades - you only start with the first four on all rows.

EDIT: Also, if you can, list them in Alphabetical order / 'Naut in-game order? I'm currently filling up your Google spreadsheet.

EDIT #2: Oh, it's view-only.

drat qq

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm
Posts: 130
HenWRYY wrote:
This is very nice!

Quick typo, "Cloacking Skin" -> "Cloaking Skin".

Keep up the good work! :D


Thanks! Fixed.

MikalMirkas wrote:
The font used in game is Ethnocentric and Zekton - both are free fonts, see if you can upload them to your server and call for the fonts to be used - it'll make the layout look a lot more authentic.

Also, "Cloacking Skin"'s row is hidden at base but Tongue Snatch isn't? wot

If you need my help in anyway, let me know - I'll be happy to contribute to this project. I also recommend that you list the required player level - i.e. the player level needed to unlock certain upgrades - you only start with the first four on all rows.


Oh, thanks about Zekton! Searched for it yesterday and only found Ethnocentric... I'll test and see if it's ok.

You're right on the required player level; I'll add it!

Adding data to the google spreadsheet would be a great contribution :) I'll work on some instructions on how to fill data properly tomorrow night, but it is pretty simple. Only a bit boring :p

I have no problem with the Cloaking Skin and Tongue Snatch, maybe try refreshing the page a couple times (there were caching problems in the beginning).

edit: yeah currently it's view only, there a couple things to be carefull of before filling the sheets so I want to warn people before :)

_________________
Nautsbuilder (forum post) - L'homme pigeon


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
Leimi wrote:
HenWRYY wrote:
This is very nice!

Quick typo, "Cloacking Skin" -> "Cloaking Skin".

Keep up the good work! :D


Thanks! Fixed.

MikalMirkas wrote:
The font used in game is Ethnocentric and Zekton - both are free fonts, see if you can upload them to your server and call for the fonts to be used - it'll make the layout look a lot more authentic.

Also, "Cloacking Skin"'s row is hidden at base but Tongue Snatch isn't? wot

If you need my help in anyway, let me know - I'll be happy to contribute to this project. I also recommend that you list the required player level - i.e. the player level needed to unlock certain upgrades - you only start with the first four on all rows.


Oh, thanks about Zekton! Searched for it yesterday and only found Ethnocentric... I'll test and see if it's ok.

You're right on the required player level; I'll add it!

Adding data to the google spreadsheet would be a great contribution :) I'll work on some instructions on how to fill data properly tomorrow night, but it is pretty simple. Only a bit boring :p

I have no problem with the Cloaking Skin and Tongue Snatch, maybe try refreshing the page a couple times (there were caching problems in the beginning).

edit: yeah currently it's view only, there a couple things to be carefull of before filling the sheets so I want to warn people before :)

Yeah, you can see the fonts that the game calls in Steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Data\Fonts - the two primary ones are Zekton (used underneath 'Naut names in the selection screen), and Ethnocentric - but all logos are saved as actual image fines, so Ethnocentric isn't present in the font folder.

All three .ttfs are in there are also encrypted, meaning you have to go through the public domain to get them (they are all free).

If you have a Steam account (assuming you do), you can contact me (IGN is MikalMirkas) if you need me to fetch any more resources.

There's also the font UKIJ Qolyazma, which I believe is used for the menus.

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Build Maker
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm 
Offline
Ronimo Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 pm
Posts: 307
wow this is a pretty awesome tool! Can't wait to see other chars!

If you need stats, graphics or whatever let me know olivier[at]ronimo-games[dot]com!

_________________
currently working on:
- The Galactron (new matchmaking system +UI)
- Unannounced major feature


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next