Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Updated recommended builds need your help!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 pm 

Tri99ah Fin9er wrote:
Also, smh for not putting 9s instead of Gs (No offence) :fist:

I'm not sorry trigger finger.

Niko wrote:
the same points are being repeated ad infinitum

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 pm 

r0estir0bbe wrote:
Bad Joe and I created the Genji builds independently from each other and they were a perfect match until and including Gettin' Out of Da Hood. Especially if you're new to Genji, you should focus on clearing droids and poking the enemy with your AA. Thus I don't think the recommended build should encourage mindless Blessing spam (which is what your build order and especially your casual build suggests) but more a last-second speed and health boost.

You should not mindlessly spam Blessing, that is not what the reason for the build order was. I agree Genji should focus on clearing droids and poking enemies. I took a second look to my builds and mixed a bit with yours. I would like to hear what you think of these:

Newbie Genji

Casual Genji

Kngrichard wrote:
I didn't make the Clunk or Genji build I posted. Just ask people who I trust to make them. So this is my feedback to your builds.

New clunk I think going so early into Cleaner and FFF is a mistake. They are pretty lousy upgrade solar/effective wise. The first good upgrades come way to late. Casual clunk looks fine.

With "Would like to hear your opinions about it." I was meaning you and your buddies who came up with the builds. :kiss:

I shuffled some on my build while looking at the one of Raork, how does this look?:

The reason of attack speed as first AA upgrade I already explained, it is so that newbies do not miss all their missiles. Which in my opinion is better than if they have bigger missiles that sometimes hit. Newbies also tend to blow themselves up, so less self damage is nice for them.

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:05 pm 

Sorry, but I see so many things that I would never ever do like this:
  • Why get all three stages of Pills, max AA and full heal Blessing until you even get the first stage of regen? You could've just bought Piggy instead.
  • Why do you get the heal on Blessing before the heal (+damage) on Cocoon for 100 solar less?
  • Why do you get the heal on Blessing before the movement speed buff? This is by far Blessing's best upgrade.
  • Why do you get Misfortune before Slow?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 am 

I think that every build should start with opening both abilities, regardless of the Naut.

If people need the in-game build orders, then that means they are new the the character or do not understand the character. Therefore, you should encourage them to learn how to use both abilities from the beginning.

By not starting with an ability, you are telling the player that those abilities aren't worth buying. When in reality, the reason you would not open an ability is because of how you want to maximize the character for your particular situation.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:19 am 

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
The reason of attack speed as first AA upgrade I already explained, it is so that newbies do not miss all their missiles. Which in my opinion is better than if they have bigger missiles that sometimes hit. Newbies also tend to blow themselves up, so less self damage is nice for them.

I think this can be taken with a grain of salt, but for newer players I would recommend fragmented shells over FFF for the following reasons.
-------------
1) Wave Clearing It is more effective in clearing waves hence collecting more solar

2) Easier to land you don't have to directly hit the opponents to cause damage, if you hit the ground round them it still damages them. making it easier to potentially land damage, especially vs more agile nauts.

3) PushingMakes pushing easier hit the turret along with droids and players around it.

4) Solar cost/ efficiency FFF (260 solar) gives you a measly 50 extra dps vs Fragmented shells (150 solar) which allow you to hit multiple enemies at once.
essentially instead of a pitiful 50 extra damage, you instead deal 100% more for each extra enemy within radius+ over multiple enemies.
250 is greater than 200, but not greater than 400+ lets be honest.
-------------

In my experienced opinion, Fragmented shells are not only more cost effective, but also much more efficient especially with minimal unlocks.

Arguably Fragmented shells becomes more potent with salvo, but it only adds 10dps more than going for fat pete instead which gives you more solar use along with a handy 520 burst.

Free Flight Fins + Salvo + Missile barrage = 375dps
Fat pete + Salvo + Missile barrage = 365 dps
------------------
That said Hardhat is the more "player friendly" upgrade. But does and should not replace sustain priority.
also pills are generally not required very early with sufficient sustain techniques due to the health gain over time. pills are much more
Quick n cleaner on the other hand, tends to be lackluster, whereas medical pump increases health substantially ( 450/900) which is much more important especially with newer players who are having more issues surviving.

Total kills: 39344
Total Clunk kills: 26305
http://www.twitch.tv/raorkxd

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:08 pm 

It feels so good when no one argues with your rae's build.

Carl wrote:
This game made me xenophobic. I was buying wine once, I almost bought one then realized it was from Argentina. I grabbed an American wine instead

StarDasher wrote:
This game has made me racist.
I block every single japanese people i encounter.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:01 pm 

zeg685 wrote:
It feels so good when no one argues with your rae's build.

Is yours the one in the list posted, or did you post one earlier in the thread? I'm going to comment on the one Kewn gave feedback on, for now. Not directed at anyone in particular.

The one for new players looks good, but my only comment is that that seems awfully late for a new player to be getting utility items, especially regen. I think you underestimate how killable new players are, even against equally new players. On a character with no other regen options, Med-i-can should be a very early purchase.

The full build mostly makes sense, but... there are a few things that stick out to me. Duration on rift and blind on Snipe are the big two. Isn't duration pretty universally considered a bad upgrade, since opponents usually don't spend that long in rift? I get that it's area denial, but is using it that way really going to be helpful to Raelynn's team? It just seems pointlessly stally. Blind, I'm just confused why you wouldn't get range, which is considered almost mandatory, isn't it? I can't comment on debuff immunity because I've never been screwed over by CC while sniping, but I trust it has its uses.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :fist: :ayla: :chew: :CocoWink:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:32 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Isn't duration pretty universally considered a bad upgrade, since opponents usually don't spend that long in rift?

Not a bad upgrade, just inferior to the other three upgrades. I know Rae mains though who pick Duration instead of Timeslow and can utilitze it well; Height and Attackspeed are pretty much mandatory for Timerift Rae.

P.S. Iron Rifle has lost some of its uses with no knockback resistance and no telesnipe, but it's still really great for its obvious purpose: shielding CC and damage.

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ

:shady: :shady:
Emo Chapington wrote:
Jakob is really nice and friendly :ayla:

:shady: :shady: :^)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:20 pm 

r0estir0bbe wrote:
[*]Why get all three stages of Pills, max AA and full heal Blessing until you even get the first stage of regen? You could've just bought Piggy instead.
Because newbies find themselves in trouble fast. Regen does not help much in fights. But I agree it can be taken faster.
[*]Why do you get the heal on Blessing before the heal (+damage) on Cocoon for 100 solar less?
Because heal on Blessing is for the whole team and Cocoon aim is kinda odd. Newbies should stay on the back row supporting their team.
[*]Why do you get the heal on Blessing before the movement speed buff? This is by far Blessing's best upgrade.
It can be taken earlier or as earliest upgrade. I think keeping your team healthy for newbies is more important than the benefits extra movement gives.
[*]Why do you get Misfortune before Slow?
Because Misfortune is damage. A preference thing, they can be swapped.

Bets wrote:
I think that every build should start with opening both abilities, regardless of the Naut.

If people need the in-game build orders, then that means they are new the the character or do not understand the character. Therefore, you should encourage them to learn how to use both abilities from the beginning.

By not starting with an ability, you are telling the player that those abilities aren't worth buying. When in reality, the reason you would not open an ability is because of how you want to maximize the character for your particular situation.

I agree. Especially new players should start off with both abilities at drop. Casual players can delay certain secondary abilities that allow it, but perhaps even they should not be suggested to go in the fight without both.

Raork wrote:
Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:

I think this can be taken with a grain of salt, but for newer players I would recommend fragmented shells over FFF for the following reasons.
-------------
1) Wave Clearing It is more effective in clearing waves hence collecting more solar

2) Easier to land you don't have to directly hit the opponents to cause damage, if you hit the ground round them it still damages them. making it easier to potentially land damage, especially vs more agile nauts.

3) PushingMakes pushing easier hit the turret along with droids and players around it.

4) Solar cost/ efficiency FFF (260 solar) gives you a measly 50 extra dps vs Fragmented shells (150 solar) which allow you to hit multiple enemies at once.
essentially instead of a pitiful 50 extra damage, you instead deal 100% more for each extra enemy within radius+ over multiple enemies.
250 is greater than 200, but not greater than 400+ lets be honest.
-------------

In my experienced opinion, Fragmented shells are not only more cost effective, but also much more efficient especially with minimal unlocks.

Arguably Fragmented shells becomes more potent with salvo, but it only adds 10dps more than going for fat pete instead which gives you more solar use along with a handy 520 burst.

Free Flight Fins + Salvo + Missile barrage = 375dps
Fat pete + Salvo + Missile barrage = 365 dps
------------------
That said Hardhat is the more "player friendly" upgrade. But does and should not replace sustain priority.
also pills are generally not required very early with sufficient sustain techniques due to the health gain over time. pills are much more
Quick n cleaner on the other hand, tends to be lackluster, whereas medical pump increases health substantially ( 450/900) which is much more important especially with newer players who are having more issues surviving.

New players not yet have access to Power Converter and in my opinion do need Pills to not get themselves killed. I see Fat pete + Salvo + Missile barrage as a pro build. I use it myself often but requires that you are used to the slow missile travel. I agree now FS is a better upgrade for newbies than FFF.

I change Nauts by who I want to play or I just random. Tank/support suits my playstyle better.
These lists keep getting bigger and you can contribute: The Awesomenauts Universe, The Skill Build List

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm 

I'm generally against following set build orders but this should work fine for all the upgrades for Rocco in most circumstances.

And for LV 1's

Personally, for pro's I would suggest

But this build is harder to play. It has it's advantages at certain times but ultimately is hard to newer players to run.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think: