Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Clunk builds
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:17 am 

Alphanoob393 wrote:
Even though everything I say is kinda worthless, here you go:
Note: I can't seem to remember most ability upgrade names so I'll list by effects for he ones I can't remember :weedling:

Bite: 1 stage damage, snare, multi hit

Splode: damage, slow, self damage

Missiles: fins, fat Pete, frag shells

Utility: boots, pills, barrier mag/medican if against gnaw or other major DoT source

Basically Tanky enough to to be bulliet-proof, blast-proof, bear-proof, etc. only stupidity /being outplayed by a long shot can kill it :lolstar:

Hey.

HEY!

I like it. I actually used to run that exact missile row. Its got low maximum damage, but it gets up and running really quickly and has great droid clear and poke damage.

As for the rest... yeah... yeah... I like it. Slowsplode is just god damn incredible against most of the cast that's popular right now (noticing a lot of gnaw, rae, coco, leon, skree, rocco, ksenia, Yoolip).

Like the bite row. Very ballsy. Since you're combining it with slowsplode, you can catch multiple, squishy targets for huge damage. Honestly though, I think with that bite and slow build, you might as well trade out Free Flight Fins for Salvo Value Pack. Screw it man, go big or go home... but I still think that's a good AA row anyway, just for how versatile it is.

RoachCake wrote:

This is the build I've just started running.
Allows you to do pretty much everything.
Can clear droid waves very quickly with FragPete + DamageHose.
Can stay out on the field longer due to all the health you get with DamageHose.
Cooler allows me to play much more aggressive and stay in the fight even after using Explode.

Idk why I delayed getting the second stage of Thermo the first time I started using this build, but it has worked for me so far.

Usually I never get Cooler unless my team is already stomping or I'm with 2 initiators (Genji+Yoolip for example) cause I use the downtime to clear both droid waves, but I've begun to see more uses for it.
In the Ksenia Mu I've found it's pretty useful since I tend to miss Explodes on her a lot because she's so nimble and because of Virtual Girl. Cooler can allow you to get another explode off before Vanish comes off cooldown.

Pretty much always stick with Frags, Pete, Salvo for all situations, I'll swap out Frags for MB if we've already got enough push but more often than not (In SoloQ) I've found it's best to just use Frags (mostly cause it's my favorite Missile upgrade) due to all the uses it has.

Like that too. I don't often run reactor cooler, but I usually have a lot of success when I do. And yeah, Virtual Girl is sooo strong against Clunk. I use your AA row a lot. Very dependable. Like you said, clears droids quickly, but also applies massive burst against mutliple caught targets.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:13 am 

This has (very loosely) been my build with Clunk of late.

Utility row varies completely by the match, but I usually get boots somewhere down the line. Sometimes I'll rush quicksplode if I only have a short-term CC to work off (like Scoop hammer or Leon tongue) or if I'm missing, I'll rush Power Converter sooner if I'm having sustain issues, I'll get Snarebite if I'm really having trouble hitting people. I don't have anything against the upgrade, I just honestly haven't been needing it lately, so I haven't been making the investment. Once he's build, max health/sustain Clunk is pretty crazy, too. :ksenia:

I prioritize missiles for pushing (DPS) over additional burst. I've just never felt like more burst was needed.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:46 pm 

power converter doesn't stack with multihose. i'd probably trade one of them for snare since you have no cc anyway

for nubmer 1 youtoube clikc here

join my coveted members only steamy streamy group in addition

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:06 pm 

royalfrycook wrote:
power converter doesn't stack with multihose.

It doesn't need to.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:11 am 

Xelrog wrote:
royalfrycook wrote:
power converter doesn't stack with multihose.

It doesn't need to.

YEAH! Alright Xelrog, seeing the light.

So Im thinking that multi-hose is so good now because it just doubles any damage gains you get as you level. On that note, has anyone had any success with bite damage upgrades? I'm finding both of them very lack-luster for the price, especially early-game.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 pm 

Build I'm using for Vs Max when they build Slow+Size Bubble and Full Damage Scene Illumination.
Which they all do.

Basically just use this build to blind rush Max till he fires Slowmo shot and once he activates Illumination use explode to tank all his damage, slow him, snare him and kill him; gg.

You can also, instead of building full damage Salvo go for Bite damage instead, but seeing as how Missile Barrage got a buff I prefer getting that instead if our comp allows me to forget Frags.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 pm 

Oh hey this thread is back. I've changed my usual build substantially since my last post, here it is.

Bite: damage, whatever it was in slot 6 (power converter I think?), snare

Splode: slow, shield, cooler for utility, or damage, self damage, quicksplode for raw burst.

Missile: salvo, fat Pete, damage. To overcompensate for the lack of explode damage.

Utility: pills, barrier, and medican, kuri, or boots depending on enemy team.

Just to give a nice little visual of what an average match with this maxed out should look like.

:tear: :GnawShock: :ixsad: :chew: _____ :chucho: :sleep: "wipe out!"

Close enough. Although I do not recommend going without a team. Ever.

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! nope, tricked ya. I'm still dead.