Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: General LUX Advice
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:59 am 

It's time for another "Xelrog is trying to learn a new character he knows nothing about" thread. Actually it's been a good while since the last one.

So... any general advice for playing LUX? :jimmy: I was told AA damage is the thing to rush, followed by damage on Dash. I'm clueless, though, so any tips are appreciated. So far my strategy has been pretty much to build AA early, hug my enemies with it, and Dash off if things get sticky. It's only worked on bots, though I've only played one match as him online.

Video

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post subject: Re: General LUX Advice
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:34 pm 

LUX isn't a general :chew:

I'd like to see some build orders as well. LUX seems fun but it's rare to see someone good playing him in-game.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:27 am 

I wrote an embarrassingly long guide for LUX a couple days ago, if that would help any: http://theawesomeguides.com/en/guide/jimmy-guide-tips-explanations-with-way-too-much-writing

The build in that link is my two cents for the character.
LUX has a lot of build orders that can work, but the best way to learn someone is to play them and find what works for you.
In your video, you didn't do anything noticeably bad. I'm not sure about what the meta build is for LUX myself, so can't help there. Been meaning to try out sandpit upgrade more myself, in theory it looks good. If you rush AA, I'd say get danger pins at some point in there.
(First post so sorry if I messed anything up.)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:26 am 

No need to be apologetic, any help is appreciated.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:58 am 

Learn to be ballsy. he can take a lot. also get sick with micey the mech pilot

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:46 am 

Rush damage / lifesteal on AA, get Danger Pins, get EQ / Size / AA speed on his AA, then get rocket damage. Every other upgrade is just small and insignificant compared to maxing out his AA and getting danger pins.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:49 am 

My go to Lux Build http://nautsbuilder.com/#Jimmy_and_the_LUX5000/1000100120201012020201200110/1-8-27-5-18-16-16-18-26-23-23-9-9-11-11-13-20-20

to be honest as long as you pick up certain key items relatively early (danger pins and aa dmg) you can't really have a "bad build". Bkm is probably one of his best items. (even if against minimal cc such as silence tongue and the dash on frog) Being able to use charge to get away from a bad situation even 0.01 of a second faster could definitely save you.

Lux's charge is an immensely good ability if you know how to use it. It is more consistent than you may think once you get some practice with how people react to being pushed.

Early game you can't really 1v1 people in straight up fights. Instead focus most of your time on clearing droids (with your aa if you are safe to do so and with missiles if you feel like you may be ganked if you extend too far). Any kills you may get early game will 95% of the time be the result of a charge. Try to find sneaky positions on the map that let you quickly get behind people in a position to charge them at the turret.
Be careful doing this against penny, frog and swiggins earlier as these are the only nauts that can really punish you early game.

Into the midgame you will start to get your aa damage going and, as a result, will now be able to brawl people. Shift the focus from clearing to pressuring enemy nauts by getting in their face and hitting them with your aa and start chipping towers with missiles. Save your charge for when it really matters (you can definitely get a kill or if you are pressuring save it to use as an escape).

Late game you need to be a little bit more careful since the enemy nauts are more likely to be able to kill you at this point. Only pressure if you have team support relatively nearby. You are great in teamfights but lategame you lack a great initiate, unless you can push people into a tower really. Instead, you want to be the one who is initiated on. Ideally you survive and then brawl them down with your aa and charge, hopefully your team comes in for support. If this isn't happening chip towers down with missiles and hope for the best.

hope this helps :scoop:

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:32 pm 

Yup, much appreciated Edd. It's good to know I haven't been building too poorly. Thus far I've been starting games like this:

I'll probably starting getting Danger Pins first since it is the most cost-effective. So size/attack speed/quake are all somewhat comparable as third AA upgrades? I'll give attack speed a shot, since 32% is a decent boost.

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:23 pm 

miceeeeey the mech pilot its sooooooooo good

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:01 am 
Adminaut

The situational +15% dmg of triple missile is really, really bad compared to most other options on the row. I'd swap that out.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)