Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Naut specific maps
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 pm 

Does anybody have suggestions for what maps are best for certain nauts?
Here's my list:

Agillion - jimbo - every time. the hiding spots are prime, he takes up the entire bottom lane height, his missiles are super effective on all lanes, when he gets invisibility it's usually one or two kills and he can use his third bash through walls

Starstorm - chucho - his bikes turbo ability is especially good on this map, the bike turret is so annoying in the bottom fort and the top lane drop zone. (he's also good against the derple teleport cheese)

Ribbit - Rae - the jump pad makes for great surprise rising snipes and you can stuff enemy nauts jumping up behind you. the timerift does a great job screwing up the enemy team and can easily block off the jungle and go thru ceilings.

AI station - Ted - the air strike early is good for gnaws or whoever wants to camp the creep farm at top, and later is great for blocking off the jump pads! drops with the push shotgun are amazing and absolutely shuts down Ayla's who are otherwise very safe with extending a chase alone.

Sorona - Rocco/Ted? I really don't know who to play so this is honestly where I'm looking for advice. Rocco ATM. Let me know!

AN silver tier backer - over 1k hours played
Down to team

Post subject: Re: Naut specific maps
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:48 pm 

For me two Nauts that have advantage in Sorona are: Sentry and Gnaw

Sentry because he can put the Teleport Beacon in the mid so you can see if the enemy team are hiding (You avoid a nuke :lol:).
Gnaw can camp with the weedlings, farm the top lane and feed the bottom lane to the worm. I played against a Gnaw who did this and that was a headache. :fist:
Maybe also Derpl because of the traps... if someone get caught in the mid, BOOM :lolstar: :lolstar:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:17 am 

Stronger-
Yoolip: Upgraded dinos can sweep through, take others by surprise with eye range
Rae: Long snipe good for big map, can snipe on top of the other's creep nest from the booster
Rocco: ight
Vinny/ayla/penny/high jump or flying: Getting to the top creep nest
Skree: wall to block jump pads

Weaker-
Clunk: When using dropsplode from nest to top lane in front of turret, other player can either drop down, drop down and use booster, run left/right. that platform makes it harder but if you have good timing whatever
Lone: plenty of space to dodge el bull
Skolldir: sweet fug throw into bouncer
Skree: not too fast

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:43 am 

Also if you wanna team up im down

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:32 am 

derpl is RLY good on starstorm

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:37 am 

Agillion - Recently been using Jimmy here. You are right, its incredibly strong. 1 vs 1 against Jimmy in these corridors is lethal for pretty much everyone except Derpl.
Yoolip and Ayla can be great too. Ayla is weak in the beginning though, unless she gets the orb, which gives her free kills.

Starstorm - Chucho. Good manouvers and pushing potentials make Chucho shine here. I dont get that many kills, but Chucho can keep pushing both lines pretty well, and escape in every direction.
(Derpl is the one I have hardest time on this map as an enemy though, I am not good with Derpl so I dont use him here though.)

Ribbit - Yoolip. Dinos are good here, since its a narrow stage like Agillion. Stunning from bushes etc. works too. The jump pads at the base are suicidal if used carelessly, as they will send enemies to the second turret, where Yoolip can 1 hit kill them one by one. Yummy.
(Derpl is the one I have hardest time on this map as an enemy though, I am not good with Derpl so I dont use him here though.)

AI station - Froggy seems to work for me here. He is fast so he can go to places and solo a lot here, unlike slow nauts.
(Enemy Raes are the biggest pain as enemy though, I dont use Rae myself so she wont be my pick though.)

Sorona - Chucho. Good pushing for both lines, and good escape. Middle spot for Ramona is irritating and strong as ever. Chucho works through the whole level all the way to the enemy base, which Chucho can go alone to harrass, if enemy starts pushing the lines to your base.