Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Sentry against area control heavy collapse nauts
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 am 

I was recently in a game with a yuri, forggy, and penny, and I felt like I couldnt touch them since either froggy stuns, yuri bubbles or penny just knocks me back when I try to land a bhs on them. Do I just have to wait for my team to initiate?

Post subject: Re: Sentry against area control heavy collapse nauts
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm 

Yeah that's a rough matchup for Sentry. The area control has little to do with it, it's much more related to the collapse. Sentry is really really bad at dealing with collapse characters unless you play him in a particular way.

Instead of going for black holes, you should instead save the shield for when they go in (or when you think they will go in). The 20% (40% when you get microfilm) is way way more important for you than the bhs itself. Zone with your aa and teleburst the squishy nauts when you can.

The way you will win teamfights is by being collapsed on with your shield up and then landing the 800 dmg bhs on them now that they have used their abilities. unfortunately this will often require coordination from your team since they will often need to help you survive the collapse but this is a property of facing collapse comps anywhere.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:12 am 

Dewott610 wrote:
I was recently in a game with a yuri, forggy, and penny, and I felt like I couldnt touch them since either froggy stuns, yuri bubbles or penny just knocks me back when I try to land a bhs on them. Do I just have to wait for my team to initiate?

All of what edd said basically, especially given that those are two dash characters and a movement boost one that can easily escape BHS if they play smart as well. Waiting for them to initiate / use their skills and then counter attacking would be the best bet there, assisting with aa and telebursts when necessary. I'm not sure what the composition of your team was as well, but this also would help or hurt you depending on it (i.e. how well can they counter such nauts and assist sentry).

Hope this helped some :worship: !

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 am 

Nekomian wrote:
Dewott610 wrote:

All of what edd said basically, especially given that those are two dash characters and a movement boost one that can easily escape BHS if they play smart as well. Waiting for them to initiate / use their skills and then counter attacking would be the best bet there, assisting with aa and telebursts when necessary. I'm not sure what the composition of your team was as well, but this also would help or hurt you depending on it (i.e. how well can they counter such nauts and assist sentry).

Hope this helped some :worship: !

we had a froggy and rae on our side