Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Clunk's missiles - ft. The New Hotness
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:25 pm 

Just wanted to post some of my favorite missile builds. I also want to recommend an unconventional, yet effective build. Also curious how other people build missiles.

Builds:

My go-to since Salvo's change last year has been Frag Shells, Missile Barrage, and Fat Pete. Very strong droid push, and decent burst. Area denial is good, and great if the enemy is grouping up. I really love the way your last 2 missiles become nukes with this build, especially Fat Pete. Midgame or so, you can do 400 area damage with your AA. This is the build i want if i know my team would otherwise lose the droid push, which, ultimately, determines the course of the game.

My other favorite is Salvo, Missile Barrage, and Fate Pete. Huge, huge, huge burst damage, even more than this build provided BEFORE Salvo's change. Remember that 400 damage Fate Pete? Now you can instantly land TWO of them for 800+ dmg. You give up all AoE on the missiles, but the single-target damage is friggin nuclear.

The New New:

I have a new love: homing, missile speed, and Salvo. Raork (the best Clunk worldwide IMO) had suggested this build here a long time ago, but i dismissed it out of hand because it looks so dumb on paper. But my God, was i wrong! This build is great! Yes, you lose raw burst potential, but the consistency you get in return can be much more valuable. Like what good is damage if you're unable to apply it?

This build all but guarantees that you'll land every Salvo strike. This is a godsend for nauts who are prepared for you and would otherwise dodge your missiles. Snare already does this, sure, but this build also lands your post-explode Salvo missiles for you. And while any Salvo build synergizes well with Snare, this build functions independant of it.

But most important of all is that homing+speed corrects your inaccuracies. No one is a perfect shot, especially in an intense brawl. I know a lot of people use these upgrades together to great effect, but i never see anyone use them with SVP. And i think a lot of people, my self included, have viewed Homing as a training wheels upgrade only. It is for sure, but it has so much more potential than that.

If you havent given these upgrades a chance together, i highly recommend that you try them for at least a couple of games. You might be pleasantly surprised, like I was. Oh, also, this build is dirt cheap, since homing only costs 60 solar, lol.

Anyway, how does everyone else build missiles? Or bite, or explode? I liked the last Clunk thread about the tanksplode build. I'd love to discuss him some more.

Edit: pictures, wording.

Post subject: Re: Clunk's missiles - ft. The New Hotness
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm 

I always build explode, speed and dmg on AA just because it's the most universal and makes you a pushing monster. However I might try one of these builds for some diversity in my playstyle.

Post subject: Re: Clunk's missiles - ft. The New Hotness
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm 

Im so addicted to Fat Pete that i almost never pick that build. Got any good replay codes of it in action?