Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: A few tips for fighting Rocket
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 pm 

So if you haven't noticed lately, a lot of folks are riled up about Commander Rocket, the newest naut to grace the battlefield. They have some good points too, Rocket has a lot up his sleeve from a very damaging Laser Trap to a knockback inducing missile. Now the guys problbly gonna get hit by the nerf hammer later on due to his overwhelming power, but in the meantime, here are some tips for surviving an encounter with this spam happy dwarf.

-Commander Rocket is strongest against tanky characters, or those with low maneuverability. Try sticking as far away as possible if you're one of these guys.

-Skree is a wonderful counter to Rocket. His totem can block his long range spam, and slow on AA will lower Rocket's escape if he wastes his missile on spamming.

-Try playing a pusher if your team doesn't have one. Rocket excels at clearing with his AoE auto-attack, and you'll want someone who can keep up with him.

-Snares aren't as effective against Rocket as his knockback will let him escape before you can capitalize. Try using stuns if trying to CC him.

-Laser trap does a metric Zorkton of damage. Stay out of it at all costs, and stay at range from a Rocket who has the instant deploy upgrade. Stick to poking at him if stranded at a chokepoint.

-Rocket is a squishy harasser, and can't really take his own medicine. Nauts like :chucho: :rae: :rocco: and the aforementioned :sleep: can really wear him down.

-If your on AI station 205 or another map with straight sight lines to the enemy drill, and Rocket has the infinite range upgrade, sit down and pray to your impotent God that he doesn't get a clear shot.

-If playing as :drool: :chew: :think: or :scoop: ,get your affairs in order and accept your imminent demise.

I hope these tips help you out in your queues.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post subject: Re: A few tips for fighting Rocket
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I was expecting "uninstall" to be honest.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post subject: Re: A few tips for fighting Rocket
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:13 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I was expecting "uninstall" to be honest.

That one worked the best for me. :thumb:

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]