Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Raellyns rift upgrade choice
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:58 pm 

Is the slow actually significant enough to be worth upgrading early (or even worth getting at all)? I made a thread about this a long ass time ago but I'm still not really sure.

This is the build I use right now though I don't know if I'm better off getting it later or just swapping it for rift duration.

Thoughts? :huh:

Add me you big nerd

Post subject: Re: Raellyns rift upgrade choice
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 pm 

Yes. Slow is very potent, especially against tanks or character with channeled-type abilities.
I will say right now that the biggest problem with your build is the purchase order. If you're seriously taking utilities over actual practical upgrades then you're doing something wrong.
Iron Rifle is also very shmeh.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post subject: Re: Raellyns rift upgrade choice
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Time modification is an exponential curve, as it affects the actual passage of time for the unit. The greater the value becomes—towards 100%—the more effective increasing it becomes.

At base, entities caught in a timerift need ~2.81 seconds to complete a second's worth of action, where with Retro Spaceship, this increases to a massive 4 seconds.

At a 85% time slow, it would grind to ~6.67 seconds, and at a 95% time slow a 'Naut would require a whopping 20 seconds just to process just a single second from an external viewpoint.

On-topic: that build looks fine, although I would ditch Iron Rifle for Casettedeck Magazine or Laser Pointer (mainly because Flashy Glasses is only really good on Ribbit IV).

Lucky Cat Air Freshener is not superior enough to Skull Bracelet, in my opinion, to warrant being picked. The increased damage is negligible compared to increasing it against both 'Nauts and structures while also being a fair bit cheaper.

EDIT: build order should focus on Snipe if you can consistently hit them (instead of Timerift), but rushing Med-i'-can is always good. Please purchase Receding Ponytail before Lucky Cat Air Freshener, and get Denny's Boots as soon as possible (sometimes even before 2/2 Med-i'-can).

Please not, I do not play Raelynn competitively, but I do soloqueue as her in the top 100. I do not know how much different she is in an organised team, for I am not an organised person in Awesomenauts. I am also a filthy Rocco/Ayla main as well.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...