Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Patch 1.9
15-11-2012

Character balance/fixes

Raelynn
-Increased Time Rift base slow to 60%, removed 3rd slow upgrade
-Merged Shot range upgrades into a single upgrade
-Snipe now only damages during one frame, so swiping to damage a larger area does not work any more.
-Time Rift now keeps functioning better if Raelynn dies while Time Rift is active.

Gnaw
-Removed movement restriction on Spit.
-Increased Spit base damage from 30 to 35.

Skølldir
-Removed ability to store combo through using skills

General major fixes
-Fixed that DoT (damage over time) showed a very large number when attacking turrets or the Drill Core. This is purely a visual fix, since DoT did not actually do this much damage.
-Fixed achievement for turret kills.
-Matchmaking now decides in how many leagues to search depending on the number of players online, so if lots of players are online, you will only get players of the same skill level.
-Skølldir, Gnaw and Raelynn can now appear as favourite characters in the Leaderboards. Matches from before the patch with these characters are taken into account. You need to finish one online match to make this update.

General minor fixes
-Various bot fixes.
-Various fixes to control scheme bugs that happened under very specific circumstances.
-Fixed a bug where the Leaderboards would sometimes claim to be empty.
-Stats button has been moved from Settings menu to Main menu.
-DirectX water now looks the same as OpenGL water.
-In splitscreen, using a skill that is on cooldown now only shows a click on your own screen instead of on the other player’s screen as well.

Patch 1.9.1 (hotfix)
16-11-2012

-Fixed a big issue with leagues, causing everyone except league 9 to find too few opponents to play with.

(Explanation: Earlier today one of our programmers had accidentally made all leagues a lot smaller, except for league 9. Since there are a lot of new players now because of the Free Weekend on Steam, we should in fact have done the opposite. This has been fixed this evening: all leagues are now a lot bigger to make room for the new players, except for league 9, which is now a normal size instead of housing almost everyone. This bug was made worse because we recently introduced a new feature that if a lot of players are online, everyone only plays against opponents from his own league. We were able to fix this on the matchmaking server and did not have to release a real patch for this.)

Patch 1.9.2 (hotfix)
17-11-2012

-The matchmaker now never searches in only one league, even if there are a lot of people online. It now always searches within 3 or 5 leagues, depending on how many players are online. This should solve the issue that players in the highest leagues had difficulty finding opponents during the free weekend (which drew in lots of new league 9 players).

Patch 1.9.3
19-11-2012

-Removed free-weekend banners from loading screen and main menu

Post subject: Re: Patch 1.9
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm 

Both my mains got a buff! GG world

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm 

A small patch, but a patch nonetheless! :D

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm 

"Matchmaking now decides in how many leagues to search depending on the number of players online, so if lots of players are online, you will only get players of the same skill level."

Thank you so much! That's a huge improvement :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm 

Quote:
Gnaw
-Removed movement restriction on Spit.
-Increased Spit base damage from 30 to 35.

Movement restriction removal was a correct choice. Though, I'd still like to see both Spit puddles' DoT stack with each other :D.
Quote:
Raelynn
-Increased Time Rift base slow to 60%, removed 3rd slow upgrade
-Merged Shot range upgrades into a single upgrade
-Snipe now only damages during one frame, so swiping to damage a larger area does not work any more.
-Time Rift now keeps functioning better if Raelynn dies while Time Rift is active.

Nice buffs and fixing the lightsaber exploit :D. Now slow upgrade for TR isn't so essential while keeping the slowing power high!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm 
Adminaut

I am glad Gnaw is getting looked at, even if its only a little. He will still need work, but this is a good step in the right direction for starters.

Raelynn changes are nice and should help make Rift more viable from the beginning as a build. The Range upgrade for her was nice as well and the bugs will help balance things out. Skølldir change is nice to finally see looked at.

Very excited about the Matchmaking changes fro this. I hope this helps improve the game more and people can get some good balance games in.

Joost wrote:
General minor fixes
-Various bot fixes.

Any elaboration on what was fixed?

Galus - Reptilian Bounty Hunter,
Maximus - Immortalus Gladiator

Forum Code of Conduct!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:24 pm 

Hell yeah! Gnaw got a buff and matchmaking is fixed! Thanks Ronimo!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm 

How ironic, I remember quitting a match yesterday saying "I'll come back to this when the matchmaking is fixed". Hopefully this is the fix ive been waiting for.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm 

Clever Girl wrote:
Joost wrote:
General minor fixes
-Various bot fixes.

Any elaboration on what was fixed?

I'd like to know more about this too. 'Various' can mean better AI or a total overhaul.

Pretty much done playing.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm 

So i can still join a game that has 3 players vs 3 bots with all of my turrets down and none of theirs? also no coco downgrades... :/