Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: The Drill Core issue!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 pm 
Adminaut

I agree with everything GameInSky has said. He has highlighted why Core Shields are important and practical.

Backdooring should be a thing in the game, but it is too easy to do. Without any shield protection, any form of backdooring is successful and leads to an eventual end. We all want games to avoid stall, which is exactly why the shield can help defensive teams move away from their core. Ideally, having enough time to teleport back to base to effectively deal with the enemy would be helpful.

My numerical proposal for a shield:
Current:
Core HP = 12000

Proposed Mechanics:
Core HP = 6000
Core Shield HP = 4000
Core Regeneration/second = 200 HP/Second
Core Regeneration Delay = 10 Seconds

If the core gets hit within 10 seconds, the regeneration effect will stop for another 10 seconds. Hitting a core that is waiting to start regenerating refreshes the effect, essentially like denying Sentry his ability to teleport.

Overall health of the core would be reduced significantly (2000 HP). With the regenerative value, in order to fully recharge the shield, it would take 20 seconds of straight regeneration without considering the 10 seconds of time it takes to start that process. This would allow comps that are trying to siege a core to chip every once in a while to effectively deny the core's regeneration. The shield's value can be adjusted, but I wanted a large value to stop solo-backdoor if it does go contested and to make double-backdooring more difficult but not impossible.

Champion of ducks. Swiggins main.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
Those are values with which I can agree (obviously on paper).

Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

I'd probably rather go with this myself:
10000 health, 2000 shield, regen after 10 seconds at the rate of 100/sec

In HoTS the shield is bigger, but there the core is approachable from all sides. so in Nauts I think the shield should be much smaller.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
If we take the most prominent form, Leon, as the balance point (at level 10), and account for the three seconds of teleport animation (and perhaps two more to actually make it out of the shop), he can deal ~1,919 damage with relevant damage upgrades on AA in five seconds.

2,000 should be, therefore, enough shield. He would be able to breach it after five seconds, but I think that is more than enough time for someone to come to its defence.

Obviously, these are hastily run numbers.

Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol