Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Let's talk about Yoolip
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am 

Yoolip's been garbage-tier for quite some time in higher leagues and since i happen to main him, might as well throw out some suggestions out there and get people talking.

1. Dinos should jump at enemies by default, deal less damage to nauts (while also increasing cooldown on dinos)

2. Lower Gripping Gaze's duration (0.8s) while keeping the damage

3. Egg Hatcher shouldn't increase summon time

4. Replace Sonic Wrench's droid heal with a droid buff, similar to Smiles' and price it accordingly (fits thematically, although not sure about how viable/exploitable it may be)

5. Give him the ability to summon humming droids (mostly since it fits thematically, although probably not recommended since it could be easily abused)

Price adjustments (in case of buffs):

Definitely Not Butter - 145 -> 175 per stage
Walking Fridge - 135 -> 170/180
Antigravity Ball - 135 -> 190
Egg Hatcher - 190 -> 260
Laboratory Centrifuge - 170 -> 210
Badly Washed Lab Coat - 115 -> 145 per stage

Both his movement and AA are fine since he isn't meant to out-brawl most nauts.

While i don't think any of these changes will happen, the main purpose of this topic is to get more experienced players talking about Yoolip's current state and get some sort of debate going 'cause, right now, the old man needs all the help he can get.

Post subject: Re: Let's talk about Yoolip
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:27 am 

why would you main yoolip

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 am 

monkeybusiness wrote:
ability to summon humming droids

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:07 am 

If you like him, just use him at Aguillon and Ribbit (and Starstorm if you want). At those stages he is usable if enemy team is not too strong. Gimmick naut yeah, but then again, nobody is perfect.

Even if he has difficulty killing capable enemy nauts, he is always a good lane defender and pusher. Dunnoh about the top 1000 or so, but at 2000ish he has his uses at least on those maps.

Last edited by IsoKoala on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
If you like him, just use him at Aguillon and Ribbit (and Starstorm if you want). At those stages he is usable if enemy team is not too strong. Gimmick naut yeah, but then again, nobody is perfect.

Even there literally every other naut contributes significantly more to the game when playing against anyone with half a brain.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 am 

eddster27 wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:

Even there literally every other naut contributes significantly more to the game when playing against anyone with half a brain.

I edited my message. You are one concidered "too strong" btw. I have got many "Legendary" as Yoolip on Ribbit. Probably noobstombing I guess though, I dont really check my opponents....

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:32 am 

yoolip is a free win against idiots, and since the general playerbase isn't very good you can pubstomp with yoolip pretty high up the leaderboard until you suddenly hit a brick wall where players stop falling for his wombo combo 24/7

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am 

None of these changes do anything honestly

Just let him cancel out of dinos into gaze like nibbs can orb out of breath. Look what being able to refract while bonding did for ix - let him do that and see where he stands after that.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 pm 

Sam! wrote:
None of these changes do anything honestly

Just let him cancel out of dinos into gaze like nibbs can orb out of breath. Look what being able to refract while bonding did for ix - let him do that and see where he stands after that.

This.
Honestly Yoolip needs this to be viable above League 4.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am 

But he -is- usefull at rank 2000s at least. I understand that he is not viable in top 1000 or so, but he is way better than some of you make him sound to be.

True, that he is not a solo killer who wins Froggy 1 vs 1, but with teamwork he has his uses, and outside teams, does easy and safe lane protection and push stopping.

Yesterday I played 6-7 games as Clunk and my local coop mate as Yoolip, we won all but 1 of those matches. (Rank 2000ish). Yoolip stuns, Clunk bites and explodes= Dead anyone. And nobody will try to attack that Stunned Yoolip then either, since he has a Clunk about to explode right with him. Some of the opponents had 3000+ hours as well, so its not like only noobs fall to that.

Well, that said. I wouldnt mind if he was made more viable in every league and skill level. Just wanted to point out he has his uses for some people.

Edit. Well, guess it was more about the cheap combo wr had going with Yoolip and Clunk, rather than Yoolip being usefull..Swiggings can perfrom exactly the same thing, while also fighting better himself. Yoolip has muchbetter lane protection though, if 2 of your team fies, Yoolip can defend a turtet quite well himself for A while. Swiggings cant.