Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Thicc Mantis Lady Thread
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:36 am 

Soooo, awesomenauts is like how old now? 5 years? And we still get VERY unbalanced new nauts? Classic :clap:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 am 

Played a few games against strongest bots, lol, I was very bad as her. Of course won because bots, but my K/D was like 3/6. The second special feels like Froggys tornado, except is much much weaker. Guess I play as old nauts and See how she is as an opponent , to learn better how to correctly use her.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am 

While people don't think it's a good balance philosophy, releasing a character in a broken state allows for the devs to know exactly where to nerf her. It would be effective if the devs were not really slow with rebalancing release nauts but oh well

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am 

remove/rework lily of the isle or at least fix its AA stacking.

at the moment being able to instantly teleport back after chakram shifting is interesting, but in large part that is because the .5 sec lockouts for shifting are annoying. no dmg lockout for teleporting, but a small delay (for the return at least) would be better imo. would work better for the 'first attack after shifting' upgrade and such.

but yeah atm its just double dipping on all DoT upgrades since you have 2x AA easy ... and all the movespeeds just for kicks

the chakram dmg vs droids seems like it could help early farm, but im on the fence about it. cant really kill droids much at all early game with AA only

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am 

I played about 4 hours of qitara today (* kill me am i right)

I've noticed a few things. Other than angry teammates who wanted to play her. She's very weak to DoT, as it locks out chakaram teleporting which is 400-600 damage used to finish people off.
As with most nauts, if you see a swigs, yer *.
However she does seem to have interesting """"mechanics"""" with derpl, I saw quite a few traps being deleted by her teleport, but other times I got trapped and warped back.

I'd say she's kinda like clunk, some games you'll get *, especially by gnaw. But I had a game where I walked around and poked the chars who can't escape from SSS.

I'd say there's a few upgrades not worth taking, for chakaram I'd say matching mirror (after it's fixed) droid damage and speed up, nobody needs them.

For SSS, the row is pretty good, a bit of everything. However only the latter 4 upgrades are useful. Duration isn't really needed, since it gives them more time to escape and doesn't increase your deeps.
For the movement speed, since it has it on base and she's already pretty fast, it's not really worth unless there's a dizzy or something and you need to get out of range fast.
The multiple target is pretty useful, since its area is surprisingly large for what is is, and you can pick off a weak person at the back fairly easily if the opponents don't have any way to instantly kill you when you tp.
Salty Seal
The oil is very good against other qitaras, but you do need to be careful of other people killing them cause you wont get your healing and you'll probably die to poison yourself. It's just a lil bit of healing to leave with.
The flat damage is another stacking 30%. Scoop all over again.

We don't need to talk about lily, but the extra damage against debuffs you can't really reliably inflict is fun... for real. just replace that with a some attack speed, I'd like that. Or flat damage.
Structure damage too high, maybe only 175% or 150%

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm 

Remove the droid damage upgrade, give her AA natural piercing.

Seems they learned nothing from release Ksenia.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 pm 

Slevens wrote:
While people don't think it's a good balance philosophy, releasing a character in a broken state allows for the devs to know exactly where to nerf her. It would be effective if the devs were not really slow with rebalancing release nauts but oh well

This is what BETA testers are for, you know, volunteer players that test the BETA version before it gets released to the public.
I'm sorry but I'm starting to think they're sleeping or something, after just 5 minutes this broken new naut is trashing my entire team made of random people! I cant believe they released this naut in such insane state :facepalm:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:18 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
While making a 'Naut horrifically underpowered and then buffing them to be horrifically overpowered does allow the boundaries to be set early, this is best done in the beta (as was said).

Doing this in the live release tends not to garner much support. I cannot think why.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 pm 

For release Qi'Tara a quickie:

Nice:

- Not ridiculous on release
- 0.5s timeout when hit actually sets her apart from nibbs and allows counterplay. Gj ronimo thats deeesign
- 100% Bonus DoT damage on SSS

Not nice:
- Does not feel like an assassin because of damage spraying on SSS
- +100% damage vs droids actually went through
- Attack movementspeed penalty removal not on base
- No satisfying visuals or audio for Cobra Serpent and Portuguese Warblade.
- Items are pretty bland, it seems as though Ronimo just focuses on 1 item nowadays and just fills the rest. Compare Overdrive naut upgrades with Renegade naut upgrades for instance

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 pm 

She's completely broken due to lily of the isle bugging out, but when she doesn't have it she's such a mediocre character with no depth at all. Like everything about her just annoys me in terms of design.