Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: The Awesomenauts Dojo! - North America
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 pm 

(09-01)
OFFICIAL STREAM INFORMATION:

The Stream will be on www.twitch.tv/fawx_
Starting on SUNDAY @ 12:00pm PST / 3:00pm EST

(08-29)
!!!We now have a confirmed sizable cash prize not only for 1st place, but also for 2nd place!!! :thumb:
Again, HUUUGE thanks to Heartshaped_net for the donations :redcheer: :bluecheer:

• Additionally, We now have over 25 teams officially signed up! So we definitely have enough teams for there to be a fun, exciting tournament!! Though remember, if you still want to sign up, please do so by Thursday, Sept. 31st!!! (Sign-ups close Sept. 1st at 12:00am)

• Theres been a lot of talk about illegitimate players signing up (Out of Region, or fake accounts, etc), please know that we're going to be doing screening to make sure no illegal teams/players be admitted. We're serious about making this tournament fair and Region Specific.

***If theres any shady business going on with any players during the games, PLEASE let me or any of the moderators know****

Here are the steam profiles of all the Admins/Mods you can contact for any sort of questions or tournament business:

FAWX
- http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrFawx

FROGZONE - http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnterTheFrogZone

MASLINK - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Maslink

A BIG thank you to 6E:66:72 for updating Nautsdrafter and including the Dojo rules!!! :raehands:
We now can select "Dojo" when crafting the draft links, and it accounts for the banned nauts, and double-ban drafting system.
http://www.nautsdrafter.com/

(08-28)
We've decided for convenience for the majority of teams that
MATCHES WILL BEGIN 12:00pm PST (3:00pm EST)

CHECK-INS WILL BEGIN @ 11:00am PST (2:30pm EST)

• Team captains MUST check in their team before you're eligible to compete.
• Go to the Group Chat of the official Awesomenauts Dojo group page to check in with the moderators (Maslink, FrogZone, and I (Fawx))

(08-26)
Click here for the team list

• Not all of the participants are added yet, we're working on adding the more recent adds

(08-18)
We've decided as an event to ban the following nauts from the tournament:

CMDR Rocket

Smiles

IX

---This is due to a large majority of the competitive scene's experience with the imbalance of said characters in the broad perspective of viable competitive nauts. Also, Rocket has only been in the game for a couple days, giving a massive advantage to teams who'd pick him in competitive drafts.

Additionally, if any three of banned characters were playable, we'd most likely see most bans being used to prevent them from being picked, therefore wasting bans which could have been used in order to strategically get the upper hand in matches.

WE'VE OFFICIALLY RAISED OVER $300 FOR THE PRIZE POOL
And it literally took a matter of hours to raise the funds...
:worship: Heartshaped_Net is an absolute legend... That's all we can say. :worship:

Soooo.... Even more reason to get amped for this event. I'm hoping this legitimate incentive brings more players into the bracket, and we can see an epic clash of teams in the final! (Because, if $100+ is on the line, I'd work my :table: off to win)

(08-13)
• So far we've had a lot of positive feedback about the tournament, and even our first couple signups! I want to thank all those who have been a part of getting the word out about the event (especially Maslink). Just a couple updates on some changes:

--- Signup deadline has been moved to the THURSDAY before the tournament begins, this gives
us more time to set up the bracket and configure everything properly.

--- By popular demand, we are intending on using a double-ban, rather than triple-
ban
for the drafting stage, this is due to the fact that recent tournaments had a lot of
complaints about not enough competitively "good" or viable nauts after all the bans. This is
still up for debate, as more balance patches are to come, as well as another naut
(commander rocket), though for now we're on track with a double-ban format.

The Awesomenauts Dojo - North America
is a region specific Awesomenauts competitive tournament hosted by me (Fawx) and my brother (Frogzone), in collaboration with Ronimo, as well as other community members such as Oswald and Maslink helping staff/cast the event.

This is the very first North American exclusive tournament since the spark of the game's competitive scene, and we're very excited for to be a part of a project that can potentially live on as a series of tournaments!
The winners of this regional will claim the title of "Champions of North America", and of course take home prizes (described below).

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/awesomenautsdojo

The showdown will all take place (Saturday, 09-02-2017)
THE MATCHES START 12:00pm PST (3:00pm EST)

CHECK-INS START 11:00am PST (2:00pm EST)

The Main Stream will be the following day (Sunday 09-03-2017) on my channel, http://www.twitch.tv/fawx_ :party:

WHEN?: SUNDAY @ 12:00pm PST / 3:00pm EST

So now's the time to form teams, and practice scrimming!

OVER $300 CONFIRMED PRIZE POOL
:worship: all hail Heartshaped Net for donating 95% of the prize pool :worship:
for distribution among teammates of the winners, and runner ups

Additionally,
Ronimo has generously offered various codes for skins, announcers, and droppods!

Furthermore, you and your team will have the honorable title of "Champions of North America"

For any contributions to the tournament's prize pool, contact me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrfawx/

To sign up, use this survey once you have your team

The google document will be used to keep track of participants, and organize seeding (so we don't put two experienced teams up against each other in the beginning stage).

All teams NEED to join our steam community group page, in order to check in during the match day, and be able to easily add other contenders and set up matches.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/awesomenautsdojo

• Sign-ups close THURSDAY 2 days before the tournament starts (08-31-2017)

• Keep in mind the maximum amount of players per team is 4

REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS
There are now a significant number of North American teams, and therefore we will be staying true to NA only teams. Also, there'll be a player/team screening, prior to the games being played. If you violate the regional restrictions, or any other rule essential for fair play, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

For any questions about registration negotiations please contact me or any of our staff.

IMPORTANT: All replay codes of matches and draft links must be sent in to awesomenautsdojo@gmail.com
WINNERS OF EACH MATCH ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS STEP
failure to send in the replay(s)/draft links will inhibit advancement in the bracket

Single-elimination

Best of 1 Series until Quarter Finals
Best of 3 Series on Quarter finals and above.

Due to time constraints, we have decided that matches will be a Best of 1 series until the quarterfinals where the series will switch over to Best 2 out of 3 matches.

Again, team number limit is 4.
You cannot stream tournament matches!

Map Pool

The legal stages are the following
-Aiguillon
-Sorona
-Ribbit IV

Banned stages are the following:
-AI Station 404
-AI Station 205
-Starstorm

Banned Characters are the following:
-CMDR Rocket
-Smiles
-IX

Drafting rules:

All drafts go through http://nautsdrafter.com/
Select "Dojo" when creating the draft links, and all the correct rules will be set in play.

• No mirrors allowed.
• Bans are two way.
• During the drafting stage of the matches, if inquired, you must tell your opponents who is playing in each game, and who is sitting out.
• Players can only be chosen before the drafting stage

If unfamiliar with the drafting process, it goes as follows:
DOUBLE-BAN Rules

T1 > Veto map
T2 > Veto map

T1 > ban
T2 > ban
T1 > pick
T2 > pick
T2 > pick
T1 > pick
T1 > ban
T2 > ban
T1 > pick
T2 > pick

With the advantage of being a regional tournament, we don't expect there to be too much of a lag issue, however if teams wish to, they can do a lag test before each round. If any player seems to have connection issues, you may alert a staff member.

DISCONNECTS:
-If a player disconnects from a match both teams clear droids only and any fighting or damaging of the turrets will not be allowed. They should be given 3 minutes to reconnect max.
-If said player does not reconnect within 3 minutes the match will go on without the player. They may not be replaced by a substitute for any reason.
-In the rare case steam disconnects everyone. The match must restart with the same map and drafts, you may swap out players in a team of 4 before a match if circumstances occur.

For ANY questions or concerns, contact me @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrfawx
I'm usually available within reasonable times (PST)

This is hopefully a first of the series of Awesomenauts Dojos, meaning, if this event goes well, expect future tournaments, even bigger and broader than this one to take place! My vision for the Dojo series is to have longer-spanning tournaments, or casual bi-monthly events. Therefore if I get a big enough of a turnout for this event, you can definitely count the Dojo making a comeback. :bluecheer: :redcheer:

To all competitive players outside the NA region:
your support of this tournament means so much! And if this is a success, our next goal is to schedule a global tournament!!! So your support and contribution will go a long way
:CocoWink:

@MrFawx

Last edited by Fawx on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Awesomenauts Dojo! - North America
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm 

Should probably move this post to main forum so more people see it, rethink triple ban drafts though. Didn't work as well as most thought for Rumble due to one sided drafts.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:38 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Should probably move this post to main forum so more people see it, rethink triple ban drafts though. Didn't work as well as most thought for Rumble due to one sided drafts.

ya this, otherwise pretty cool stuff

glad to finally have a tournament without any 3rd world countries like whereever sam's from

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

NA tournament

Cool let me know when you start letting the good teams sign up

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 pm 

Slevens wrote:

We'll definitely be looking into this! Thanks for your input.
With the addition of smiles, and the recent patches buffing/nerfing certain nauts, I thought it'd be a safer bet to have a triple ban, however this is of course up for negotiation, we'll be running some test scrims to make sure we have the best drafting process possible.

As for your trash talk Edd,
keep it comin' buddy! Soon enough there will be another global event and you'll be able to back up those words!

@MrFawx

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:07 am 

Not to hate on that, great idea to host a tournament, however the last tournament, Gathers (and I'd like to think it got a lot more publicity than this) had no NA teams at all in its top 4.. it had 1 NA player in total, so how do you imagine this will go? Unless your goal is to make a tournament so exclusive/low level where league 2s might aswell take the win, I don't see this going so well.

Regardless, good luck with it.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm 

I'm not even sure if you'll even get enough peopel to sign up, the European scene is the biggest one by far. It easily accounts for 75% of the community if not more.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
I'm not even sure if you'll even get enough peopel to sign up, the European scene is the biggest one by far. It easily accounts for 75% of the community if not more.

EU/EU-east covers at least 80/85% of the main competitive scene easily, number probably drops to 70/75 when including new teams, you really can't do exclusive tournaments like this with how small comp scene is. On one hand, the idea that most of the top players aren't playing in the tournament might get them to play, but on the other hand you can easily have the predicament where you don't have nearly enough teams to play.

Good luck though.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:16 pm 

Wow thanks for the great support from our European players!!! :think:

As a matter of fact, we've had a so far very positive feedback of the tournament, regardless of past tournament results!

We're actually confident we'll have at the very least 8 teams participating, however time will tell.

@MrFawx

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 am 

Ahhhh letsaa seeee... I willla learn the wayysa of duh Miyragi and maybuhe apply in the tournament and destroy the peoplessa. :LeonWink:

Discord: eGGii (Elliott) #6694