Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: 2 pretty random things
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 pm 

well yeah, no duh, that's why it's dumb for gameinsky to be talking about xp like it did anything to change that
the stupid balance changes and scaling issues that came with xp's release are what people should be complaining about

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
As evidenced, I have yet to be told why it was a worthwhile introduction outside of nerfing damage upgrades.

Given that nerfing damage upgrades could have been done without the XP System ever being conceived, I do not count it as a valid reason.

"Stomps are quicker" also holds no merit for reasons I explained in a previous thread and could copy here if that would be helpful.

"The better team should win" also holds no merit when the rubber band mechanic is designed to reward the losing side and punish the leading side. Consistent performance was already rewarded before the XP System because trying to come back against enemies with a 600 Solar lead did not happen outside of major failings on their part.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
I'll defend late joins. I have a hard time believing that the game is better off without them. Now we have new problems (ok these aren't new but they're more common than before and arguably way worse):

Longer queue times
Players deliberately throwing games that they believe are a lost cause
Frustrating games where you're stuck with noobs for 20 minutes
Frustrating games where you're stuck with a bot for 20 minutes.

Late joins served as mechanism to turn otherwise crappy matchups into something remotely fair.

Pfft.
In league 3 nothing was annoying as having a fair match for 25 minutes, then when you are about to win, one opponent ragequits and gets replaced by a L1 god that makes the first 25 minutes irrelevant and steals your well earned victory. If you are L1 yourself, of course you cant understand the pain in that.

And ragequitting has gone down by like 85% due to rq penalty and removal of latejoins, which is abgreat thing too.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
robochase6000 wrote:
I'll defend late joins. I have a hard time believing that the game is better off without them. Now we have new problems (ok these aren't new but they're more common than before and arguably way worse):

Longer queue times
Players deliberately throwing games that they believe are a lost cause
Frustrating games where you're stuck with noobs for 20 minutes
Frustrating games where you're stuck with a bot for 20 minutes.

Late joins served as mechanism to turn otherwise crappy matchups into something remotely fair.

Pfft.
In league 3 nothing was annoying as having a fair match for 25 minutes, then when you are about to win, one opponent ragequits and gets replaced by a L1 god that makes the first 25 minutes irrelevant and steals your well earned victory. If you are L1 yourself, of course you cant understand the pain in that.

And ragequitting has gone down by like 85% due to rq penalty and removal of latejoins, which is abgreat thing too.

just because ragequits happen less frequently doesn't mean the game is better IMO. people used to fill those vacant slots pretty quickly - 5-15 seconds later. let's not forget that slots become vacant for other reasons too - DCs, quirks, etc.