Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers II

Post subject: No online gameplay?
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:33 am 

I saw no information about online gameplay. So ... again the games on the big N doesn't have online mode?

If it, sounds just too boring- :sleep:

Post subject: Re: No online gameplay?
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:22 pm 

Ya know, now that this is brought up, I'm very dang curious now about this to. I hope someone from the Ronimo dev team sees this and we get their reply, if it is a no then :tear: and a small :facepalm: on their part for not taking advantage of this (no offense, local was still tons of fun :thumb: )

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:58 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

There is indeed no online multiplayer. We decided to spend that time making the campaign more epic instead of spending that time on online multiplayer. (Online multiplayer is a LOT of work to build, making that always means sacrificing something else.)

We do have awesome couch multiplayer, where one player plays on the gamepad and the other on the television. Lots of fun there! :)

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:20 pm 

It's slightly disappointing for me cause I am not such a story mode run and enjoy to play online with my friends. That and I have no couch friends and even a couch. :( But I loved playing S&S1 on the Wii even though that had no online years ago, so ill be getting this and looking forward to see if it comes on the PC in the future like S&S1.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:22 pm 

It's a shame , I think the S&S for 3DS and Wii could be more popular to have had an online mode. But thanks for answering , I hope you launch a multiplayer DLC later! :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 pm 

Game looks awesome, but lack of online for that price has stopped me buying it physically. From the announcement I was looking forward to it, but there are other single player experiences I would rather invest time in (Witcher 3/Zelda LTTP/Wonderful 101), and other games I'd rather play Local (smash bros.)

I really wanted to buy the game, but now I will wait for a sale. Love ya Ronma, sure it's great but not for me in this state for that price :kiss:

RamenFrog wrote:
He's probably one of the sweetest people I've met on the community

trinary wrote:
Anything burrhe posts must be exciting

trinary wrote:
It's even more exciting than I'd imagined :redcheer:

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
when i dream i dream of burrhe.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm 

Is there any chance of online multiplayer being added in the future? I recall the original release of S&S 1 didn't have an online mode, but later released added the feature to the game...

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:53 am 

Seriously? This type of game is a multiplayer game, not a single player experience. Single player is like training for multiplayer, and it is worth sacrificing single player a bit for better multiplayer. I've been waiting for this to come out, and sort of assumed it would have online multiplayer because of the genre. No online downgrades this from a must-buy to wait-for-sale title for me.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 pm 
Adminaut

There is in theory a way to manually build your own online multiplayer, but it's quite makeshift. In short you would need to stream your TV to a friend, and have said friend send you button inputs over the internet to then be input into the console and received as P2's controls.

Good luck convincing a friend to go through setting this up though :lolstar: