Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers II

Post subject: I love it!
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:23 pm 

Hey Ronimo!

Congrats on releasing another superb game! I downloaded it as soon as I could and have played several campaign missions already and I'm loving it! I got the original day 1 on Wii, so I knew I had to do the same thing for the sequel. Thanks for the rad game! What does everyone else think of it so far?

P.S. I'm really liking the Voltar changes :drone:

Current Mains: Voltar, Yuri
Subs: Skolldir, Gnaw, Derpl

Post subject: Re: I love it!
 Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:22 am 
Ronimo Team Member

:thumb:

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:27 am 
Adminaut

I'm going to post my thoughts in this thread as well, as to avoid making new threads. First and foremost, I have to say I love the game. I'm sad there is a lack of online-multiplayer, but I think what has been created is really fantastic. I played until my WiiU gamepad ran dry. It was fully charged earlier. I manage to get to mission eleven, which is decently far.

The art is fantastic, as well as the music and animations. The sounds and voice acting are very pleasant. Personally, I really like the Genie's lines and performance. The game feels really artistically deep and pleasing. The first game felt a lot more flat in comparison. I'm glad that you guys have been able to achieve such depth in the art. Each unit also feels unique and hand-crafted rather than being very similar.

The thing that I really enjoy most from S&SII is the ability to customize your strategy. You can take and select certain units to take into battle, which allows for everyone to craft their own cool strategies. Each unit gets a chance to shine and it is really nice to see combinations of units you wouldn't get in S&SI. I feel like it added to the depth of the game.

Also speaking of depth, the champion units Helga, Seige Troll, and Genie have created a cool dynamic. The ability to swap stances to adapt to situations and create powerful units that are not constantly purchased are very cool. Helga's singing is fun and creative. The Seige Troll works wonderfully with Nagas, Barrelriders and other slower units. The Genie is also really unique and I like using him with specific spells. I can't get over how the small djinn look like Vinnie.

Overall, I am really pleased at what has been done. I'd like to see online multiplayer and a Steam port, but that may come in time. Thanks Ronimo.

Champion of ducks. Swiggins main.

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:31 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Good to hear you like it so much! :ayla: