Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers II

Post subject: Lack of online is a big disappointment.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm 

Was anyone else really excited for this sequel, but now completely disappointed after learning about the lack of online game play a long with a sub par local game play. Being able to play on the game pad is nice, but a traditional split screen local setup is more ideal in my opinion. The lack of online is what completely turned me off from purchasing the game until a price drop. I've played a decent amount of the story mode at my buddies and now see no reason to purchase it for myself as I would not be able to play it with anyone outside my living room. Hopefully some sort of DLC is possible in the future that would allow for online integration because, as of now, it is sorely missed.

Post subject: Re: Lack of online is a big disappointment.
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:52 pm 

Not just disappointment but its a bad image to the future users as well as the members. :(

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:37 pm 

I must agree, but I am still just happy for a sequel and will definitely get it :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:57 am 

Agreed, was really looking forward to this game but lack of online was huge disappointment for me. I finally picked it up on sale last week, and would have loved the opportunity to play online, so it remains a disappointment.

Still worth the purchase, but ugh. Is there something about Nintendo systems that makes online harder to do or something? Seems like a lot of multiplayer games that really should don't have online on Nintendo systems.

As an example, S&S1 had no online on Wii or Wii U, but has online on Steam for PC! So it seems the decision to include online in that case was tied to the system, rather than the game?