Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 am 

I just noticed that the tutorial map has super useful animations (like the "press <A D> to move") that we can't use in our mods because they are like hidden in the asset browser. Is there any reason for this or would it be possible to add them back?

Modders tools:
AI Editor block documentation
List of useful AI for the map editor
Map editor clipboard sharer

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 am 

Hi, blatoy. Im never sure, due to my IRL vices, whether or not im a * or what around here (you can ask for more specifics...) but if you absolutely want to use those animations i am sure you can use them now. If interested you can pm here, i guess, or at the mapping discord (im the weirdo, 3 blocks guy lol...). Regardless i am sure those animations can be found, along with the relevent localization informaton, inside the various tutorial AI files if you can bother getting unencrypted copies.

Not to say I am opposed to deconstructing such needless impedence. To think ronimo has been making levels or anything with such tools for however many years is laughable. bahahaha

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am 

Yeah it's true you can use the tutorial animations with the playAnimation or by editing manually the XML (the list is on the wiki) but IMO it would be useful for everyone to be able to use these easily.

Modders tools:
AI Editor block documentation
List of useful AI for the map editor
Map editor clipboard sharer

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:03 pm 

some way to search for maps would be great, because overtime as you subscribe to more and more maps it becomes increasingly difficult to find the one you want

Main: :lolstar:
tryharding: :sleep: :ksenia:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:05 pm 

A couple that have come to mind, that I'd like to see.

- Ability to override gamemode spawn settings. (Make droids able to spawn when droid spawn rate is x0 and invertantly make only 1 spawn even in x5. These could be added to spawners.)

- Some way to target a player slot, so that you can give for example the first red team member special abilities. (Though these might need to be enabled in a gamemode option to keep things less abusable.)

- Some way to control AI movement with the editor nodes, some examples:
> Use this AI node only if arrived from a connected node.
> Encourage movement to a specific node through a condition.
> Possibility to add a range after which the node is concidered to be "arrived at". (I'm not certain but the current system seems to concider line of sight enough to justify arrival at a node.)
> Named Areas that allow you to ignore AI retreats. (won't retreat even at low HP, will stay aggressive) [and the same to maybe ignore some other behaviours like droid chasing]

I'd really like to see the AI stuff in particular. I'm aware you can technically add this stuff yourself by modifying the AI, I'm just not that good at it and would like some additional control through the in-game system. (+ then you could have your map actually be able to use other custom AI's without forcing your own in)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:39 am 
Ronimo Team Member

FearJudge wrote:
... - Ability to override gamemode spawn settings. (Make droids able to spawn when droid spawn rate is x0 and invertantly make only 1 spawn even in x5. These could be added to spawners.) ...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Can't you already change those timers in the level editor directly?

Quote:
- Some way to target a player slot, so that you can give for example the first red team member special abilities. (Though these might need to be enabled in a gamemode option to keep things less abusable.)

I guess the easiest way to make this would be to add an AI block that lets you check which slot a player is in. Would that work for your purposes or do you mean something else?

If you want to give something to one player only, I think you can already do that through AI by letting the first AI who does that, do something that other AIs can detect. Like spawning a creep somewhere in a box outside the map and then everyone else can check for that creep. Would that already be enough for what you want to do?

Quote:
- Some way to control AI movement with the editor nodes, some examples:
> Use this AI node only if arrived from a connected node.
> Encourage movement to a specific node through a condition.
> Possibility to add a range after which the node is concidered to be "arrived at". (I'm not certain but the current system seems to concider line of sight enough to justify arrival at a node.)
> Named Areas that allow you to ignore AI retreats. (won't retreat even at low HP, will stay aggressive) [and the same to maybe ignore some other behaviours like droid chasing]

I'd really like to see the AI stuff in particular. I'm aware you can technically add this stuff yourself by modifying the AI, I'm just not that good at it and would like some additional control through the in-game system. (+ then you could have your map actually be able to use other custom AI's without forcing your own in)

I think this could be achieved entirely through AI logic already, I don't think any new features are needed. AIs are made by the community, not by us (we only made the original versions, years ago). I guess one of the modders who works with AI could customise AIs to add this option, if they want to, and share those AIs so you can include them in your mod.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:42 pm 

I know this is probably a pretty big request, but it'd like to see a "Free for all Setting", where every single player is on their own team, cause I thought the other day it'd be really cool to build in some form of Battle royal or PUBG mods, but with the team based limitations there is just so far you can go with that stuff.

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:44 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

CookieMaster wrote:
I know this is probably a pretty big request, but it'd like to see a "Free for all Setting", where every single player is on their own team, cause I thought the other day it'd be really cool to build in some form of Battle royal or PUBG mods, but with the team based limitations there is just so far you can go with that stuff.

We've discussed this one internally several times because free for all is such an obvious addition to team deathmatch. However, this is actually a really really difficult one to build. So much in our code assumes three teams. We tried hacking this in a while ago for funzies and it had amazingly interesting effects like Lonestar's Bull pushing Lonestar away, and various skills doing self damage because the skill thought it was in a different team. So much in the game breaks when we do that...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:16 am 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm 

the option to select if a naut can pass through an obstacle and a creep can't, just like for buttons would be great. Useful if you want to have the creep be in a team that isn't none and still let the player pass through.

edit: maybe also for specific classes, if it's not too much work

Main: :lolstar:
tryharding: :sleep: :ksenia: