Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Ask various AI modding questions here
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:33 am 

Right now, there is no quick and easy place to go to ask a question. People are having to make completely new threads to ask small questions, which in my opinion only helps the subforum get cluttered, and push other threads down. Because of this, I decided to make this thread. Ask any small questions that don't warrant a new thread here, and hopefully someone who knows the answer will see it and help you!

In fact, I have a question myself: Does the "once" box mean "run this code once" or "once this happens, do this"?

Last edited by CameraFan on Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ask a Modding Question, Get an Answer Thread
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:41 am 

As you can't enter any conditions, I'm inclined to believe it means "do this once"

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:43 am 

I believe it basically means runs whatever code lies inside it only once while the above conditions are true.

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:07 pm 

Can I just say bless you for making this thread?
If it'd been here sooner, I wouldn't have made those other threads
Which, by the way, I apologize for :tear:

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm 

I second the notion about the "once" box. I'm almost entirely sure it just means to run the following actions once.

I've a question myself: If I wanted to check the status of a character's attributes (example: Fox's charges), how would I do that? I'm currently trying to use getBoolEquals and using the ID Assassinlighningcharges1 to check if it's true, but I haven't tested it enough to find out yet.

EDIT: another question: [Sequence] Is blocking -> no. I keep seeing this in the AIs, but I haven't the slightest idea what they do. Anyone know the answer? Also, how are OR operators used? They don't seem to make much sense in my head when I see them in an editor like this one.

Joost wrote:
:shrug:

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:09 pm 

LordValkyrie wrote:
I second the notion about the "once" box. I'm almost entirely sure it just means to run the following actions once.

I've a question myself: If I wanted to check the status of a character's attributes (example: Fox's charges), how would I do that? I'm currently trying to use getBoolEquals and using the ID Assassinlighningcharges1 to check if it's true, but I haven't tested it enough to find out yet.

If they're saved as a series of booleans (one for 1 charge, 2 charges etc.) then you would use getBoolEquals for each charge, for example if you wanted for something to happen if she had 2 charges then you'd use two getBoolEquals. One would have Assassinlightningcharges1 set to Yes, and the other would have Assassinlightningcharges2 set to Yes, then it would only run if both charges were active. Of course that only works if each individual charge is saves as a boolean but I assume from your example they are. I haven't dabbled in Foxy myself yet though.

LordValkyrie wrote:
EDIT: another question: [Sequence] Is blocking -> no. I keep seeing this in the AIs, but I haven't the slightest idea what they do. Anyone know the answer?.

All the code afterwards is activated in order. For example, take this sequence:
The sequence lasts 0.30 seconds. The first 0.20 seconds are spent doing nothing then immediately after the pressButton is called, which takes 0.10 seconds. Hopefully that's clear, if it isn't someone better at explaining can probably do it better.

I'd also like to know exactly how ORs work.

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:18 pm 

Thanks for the awesome explanation Camera. That cleared it up.

Anyways, as far as ORs go, I know I saw quite a few in Hurley's SwigginsAI, so when he comes back on steam, I'll ask. He'll more than likely have an answer for us.

Joost wrote:

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 pm 

*knows about ors*

Basically, an OR block will have some if statements underneath it. If *any* of the if statements are true, the the code after the or block will execute. To make a if statement attach to the underside of the or block, simply hit space twice when trying to attach a line.

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:55 pm 

Pirate-Rob wrote:
*knows about ors*

Basically, an OR block will have some if statements underneath it. If *any* of the if statements are true, the the code after the or block will execute. To make a if statement attach to the underside of the or block, simply hit space twice when trying to attach a line.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

So, erhm, last question :drool: (Sorry, don't want to be milking you guys for info)

So, do x and y offsets vary depending on what direction the bot is facing? Example, if leon on BLUE and is facing away from his own turret, and the offset for X is .25, would the offset be towards his turret (going right) or away from it (going left)? Sorry if that's a bad explanation, it's the best I could do. :lolstar:

Joost wrote:

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:16 pm 

LordValkyrie wrote:
(Sorry, don't want to be milking you guys for info)

If there's one thing that one has to milk info for, it's definitely the AI modding. :shrug:

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit