Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask various AI modding questions here
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm 

There are problems with opening AI Files from within game (can't find file?) and with execute action:
Code:
296   BehaviourBlockExecute::open uses fullFileName: "../BehaviourCreator/ExampleAIs/KsenAI_NewShop.xml" CurrentFile is: "E:\.steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Modding\OwnMods\KsenAI\Behaviours\AIBotCrawler_KsenAI.xml"

It seems it was looking for file in wrong place.

I might be mistake on my end because I even had problems to play with my bot. I have read new guides for ai modding but, yeah, I'm too used to the old method.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:34 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Is this printed when you spawn a bot using a CreepSpawner block, or is this printed when you have Modded AIs enabled in the Custom Game settings? Is this an include inside another AI?

Also, what am I looking at here? This doesn't look like logging that the game printed, or is it?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 pm 

There were problem with two things:
- displaying content of external behaviour file in editor: when you add `executeBehaviourTree` it tries to look for a file inside `BehaviourCreator/ExampleAIs/` directory rather than inside mod directory
- loading external behaviour files within game using the same block (`executeBehaviourTree`), for some reason with valid name it resulted in errors, but it could be problem on my end with wrong mod configuration (I resolved it simply by pasting whole tree into one file).

Pretty much: inculde in another AI.

You are looking at log file from AI editor.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 pm 

This is probably a stupid question, but

How do you even mod?

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:18 pm 

TheJazMaster wrote:
This is probably a stupid question, but

How do you even mod?

There's a basic tutorial on the AI editor here:
https://awesomenauts.gamepedia.com/AI_Editor_Guide

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Aki wrote:
There were problem with two things:
- displaying content of external behaviour file in editor: when you add `executeBehaviourTree` it tries to look for a file inside `BehaviourCreator/ExampleAIs/` directory rather than inside mod directory
- loading external behaviour files within game using the same block (`executeBehaviourTree`), for some reason with valid name it resulted in errors, but it could be problem on my end with wrong mod configuration (I resolved it simply by pasting whole tree into one file).

Pretty much: inculde in another AI.

You are looking at log file from AI editor.

I understand what you mean now, thanks for explaining. :ayla: I've fixed that BehaviourCreator wasn't able to include mod files. The fix will be in 4.0.3, which is probably coming either next week or the week after, not sure yet.

Note that to use the ExecuteBehaviourTree block in a modded AI, you need to add "(mod) " to the filename, including that space. So instead of "MyLogic" you type "(mod) MyLogic". The AIs need to be placed in the Behaviour folder of your mod, for example here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Modding\OwnMods\Survival\Behaviours\MyLogic.xml

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:39 am 

I can't seem to figure out if a few things are possible:

can i make an ai that gives/removes upgrades from a player when satisfying conditions? or can the ai only alter it's own upgrades?

can i make two objects think they are parent/child even if the parent did not actually create the other?

I ask this because Chucho's bike ability seems to rely on a multitude of upgrades, one of which is HyperNearTurretOn; this is only triggered by CreepHyperTurret being within the given area but only children are checked. Also the turrets time to live is set to 1 when it has no parent.

If i could directly alter upgrades it would be easier because then i could just toggle HyperSwitchToBike (and possibly a number of the others that are checked) without worrying about spawning that specific creep etc.

I havent messed around in the map editor in a long while but did notice an option for adding on ai files to players or altering hero code or something. This seems like something that would help me a lot, but the warning of bugging out depending on host etc. worried me enough to not bother with it yet.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:30 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

stev wrote:
... can i make an ai that gives/removes upgrades from a player when satisfying conditions? or can the ai only alter it's own upgrades? ...

Yes you can. There's an option in the LevelConfiguration to set an AI that attaches to every player. This AI can give and remove upgrades.

stev wrote:
... can i make two objects think they are parent/child even if the parent did not actually create the other? ...

I don't think that's possible at the moment.

stev wrote:
... I havent messed around in the map editor in a long while but did notice an option for adding on ai files to players or altering hero code or something. This seems like something that would help me a lot, but the warning of bugging out depending on host etc. worried me enough to not bother with it yet.

What warning and bugs are you referring to?

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 pm 

Joost wrote:
What warning and bugs are you referring to?

As far as I have tested, most AI blocks that have to interact with the map / other player doesn't work. For example setLevelButton / receivedMessage / emitMessageInArea / etc work only for the host but lockPlayerInput / isInNamedArea / etc work for everyone.

A lot of problems can be solved by using a manager but let's say if you want to use playSound at a specific moment you will need to move a namedArea instead of using emitMessageInArea.

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Yeah emitMessageInArea doesn't work between computers. Bots can communicate with that since all bots are managed by the host, but one player's AI can't communicate with another player's AI through emitMessageInArea.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next