Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ask various AI modding questions here
 Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:35 pm 

Is there a way to get the pressStick, pressButton and aimStickAtTarget blocks to work when executing AI files on players?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:14 am 

it may sound stupids but i dont know how to to connect (and) or (or) with blocks conditions?

Last edited by m28a on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:42 am 

Press spacebar twice.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 am 

Quote:
The behaviour nodes isButtonPressed, isButtonReleased and isButtonDown can now check more types of input using the actionButton parameter. Leave it at ABT_NONE to keep using the previously existing parameter button.

I dont fully get this. Is the basis just that more types of inputs can be sensed and the new parameter overides the old button param? Or does actionButton do something secondary/in reaction to the first parameter?

What is the use-case for the branch block?

Can counters and such be called as variables for text replacement? I can get a damage number animation to display arbitrary text and even color it using [colour=Alert]$%!#[/colour] etc. thru replacement but not sure if thats possible atm.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:34 am 

is there anyway to remove the status icons that appear above my head?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:50 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Veanko wrote:
Is there a way to get the pressStick, pressButton and aimStickAtTarget blocks to work when executing AI files on players?

There's currently no way to do this: AIs can only press buttons for bots. I've added it to the modding wishlist.

stev wrote:
... What is the use-case for the branch block? ...

This condition does not check anything it is simply used to allow designers to put large branches of the behaviourtree into a node they can open/close. Since this condition doesn't check anything it will always succeed and thus only execute the if-children.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:51 pm 

Quote:
I dont fully get this. Is the basis just that more types of inputs can be sensed and the new parameter overides the old button param? Or does actionButton do something secondary/in reaction to the first parameter?

Yes, that's correct. :thumb: There are more options for the actionButton parameter than there are for the old button parameter. And it does override it, but only if you set it to something other than the default of ABT_NONE.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 am 

Can you elaborate on how dummy's are used? Are they unique to animations? I've been looking through the animation template files trying to figure out dummyToFollow in the AI editor's playAnimation.

It seems many of these templates define objects of type 'AnimationDummy'. I want to guess maybe these are offset positions from the parent animation's origin which serve as a origin for common actions (such as shooting bullets, overlaying shields etc). To be honest haven't bothered actually testing it yet. How can dummyToFollow be used? (Tbh i also want to use the tooltip dummy for cursor following ;p)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:28 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Dummies are indeed objects in animations. We use them to attach stuff to animations. The best example is the arm dummy: this defines where the freely rotating gun arm is attached to the body. The gun arm itself also has a dummy to determine where the bullet appears when you should, so that the bullet actually comes out of the gun.

I don't think our current modding tools have any sensible uses for dummies. You'd need the settings/character editor to really use them, but that tool is currently only available internally at Ronimo.