Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Clunk - Improved Clunk AI
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 am 

this version features huge changes over the previous submission and the current clunk bot. you can view a list of whats been changed from the initial submission here

as for whats been changed from the stock clunk bot. Well.. what i will say is that one match on Sorona had him go 27/10. so if thats anything to go by he might be slightly tougher than stock clunkbot.

Download

his build is very much random and tends to be different each game, the build shown here is more of a general guideline to the build he takes:

Notes about the build:

-He will buy Piggy Bank instead of Med-i-can if there is a Voltar on his team
-Will buy the second stage of Med-i-can much earlier if there is a Gnaw on the enemy team
-Has a 1/3 chance of buying Grease Lighting Snail instead of Universal Charger
-Will always buy Grease Lighting Snail instead of Universal Charger if there is a Froggy, Ayla or Penny on the enemy team
-the third explode upgrade is completely random. it can be: Reactor Cooler, Blueprints container or Titanium Hard Hat
-Has a 1/2 chance of buying Free Flight Fins instead of Fat Pete

Last edited by Veanko on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Clunk - Improved Clunk AI
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:36 am 

awwww.....crap.
this bot is gonna be so much harder to kill now that he's running pretty much a bear grills survivalist build

i suggest you switch out blueprints for slow. original clunkbot did pretty well with it. maybe hardhat for quicksplode. quicksplode and slow combination pretty much means they're snared for the explode.
i like how your bots take out the solar boss. credit to team.
pretty smart. did you put in some stuff that makes him not attack turrets if enemies are near?

gud to see clunbot not running homing, aoe and aa speed on missiles anymore :chew:
edit: should take power converter before medical pump

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm 

Thanks for the feedback! :chew:

i didn't make him specifically not attack turrets when enemy nauts are nearby. but he does prioritize nauts over everything else. so if they are not behind the turret he will probably go for them instead of the turret.

EDIT: a small update went up. changed his build slightly.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:36 am 

can you make this boy dropsplode :chew:

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:03 pm 

Based on this match:

It's a really great bot. He was capable of amassing a ton of kills against me and my bot teammates (partially because Penny didn't have a clue what to do most of the time) though I didn't see him do a lot of pushing, if only because real Clunks don't focus on that much either. Every time I saw him go on a killing spree, I giggled a little.

His build order was not bad either. Snarebite amplified his already big threat status.

It'd be really great if you "taught" him some Clunk techniques like dropslode or activating explode before bite (he may do that already, haven't noticed) and if possible preloading his AA burst. The only issue I have is that it may make him even more of a monster to play against, but he was fun to play against.

Overall he gets a YES! from me. Stock Clunkbot is already decent as-is, but this one puts him to shame. :chew:

EDIT: Game two had similar results, he once again carried his team to victory. In fact, his team won. :drone:

And if I can be beaten by a bot, I think this bot should be in the game.

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:55 pm 

DarkDXZ wrote:
Based on this match:

It's a really great bot. He was capable of amassing a ton of kills against me and my bot teammates (partially because Penny didn't have a clue what to do most of the time) though I didn't see him do a lot of pushing, if only because real Clunks don't focus on that much either. Every time I saw him go on a killing spree, I giggled a little.

His build order was not bad either. Snarebite amplified his already big threat status.

It'd be really great if you "taught" him some Clunk techniques like dropslode or activating explode before bite (he may do that already, haven't noticed) and if possible preloading his AA burst. The only issue I have is that it may make him even more of a monster to play against, but he was fun to play against.

Overall he gets a YES! from me. Stock Clunkbot is already decent as-is, but this one puts him to shame. :chew:

EDIT: Game two had similar results, he once again carried his team to victory. In fact, his team won. :drone:

And if I can be beaten by a bot, I think this bot should be in the game.

GOD NO....
Remove bot hax pls :drone:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52 pm 

He was, ok? I didn't notice much different from the regular clunk, except maybe a little less death?

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 am 

Seems a lot better than stock clunk to me.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:50 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Congratulations on getting this bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

Your Clunk did well and is definitely an improvement over the original bot. The only issue we saw is that he sometimes would wait behind his turret while I attacked it, instead of defending immediately. Please send me an email so I can send you the video I recorded of this issue happening.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I just went through all the Call to arms (Post all BETA 3 issues here) thread and collected all the AI feedback.

General feedback:
Bots in general are incredibly reckless when attacking the base. Its very rare for them to retreat as it seems they put damaging the base at a higher priority than their own survival it seems.
Some bots seem to ignore the droid spawners on AI 205.

Bot specific feedback:
none :chew: