Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

vmar98 wrote:
When you try to hide textures with a button the texture won't become invisible unless it's connected to an existing hide area. If the texture is connected to a non-existing hide area it will start blinking when the button is pressed.

I just tried this and it seems to work fine here:
-I created a Texture with hiddenByButton set to "Banana".
-I then created a Button with name "Banana".
-The object now hides correctly when the button is pressed.
-I then set hiddenByHideArea on the Texture to "kiwi" without creating a HideArea with that name. I now indeed got flickering, but that doesn't seem like a problem since I've made a broken connection and just shouldn't do that.

Am I doing something different here than what you mean, or what is the problem exactly?

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:07 am 

not a bug per se, but a 'feature' i hope you don't disable.

manually editing the custom game presets to values above what the in-game menu allows and setting them read-only (think it's necessary?) can result in odd/fun behavior.

for example, set groundSlipperiness to something ridiculous like 100. if you make a 'slope' composed of very, very tiny steps you will actually slide up the thing. Unfortunately going down is very bumpy (increasing gravity can help) so although downhill coco boarding isn't ready yet, maybe someone wants to make some trick ramps haha.

(edit: looking at this later coco doesn't necessarily work, but lonestar does, for the 'sliding uphill'. it looks like he slides into the next obstacle and the game autocorrects his position upwards as if he's 'falling up')

Actually if someone wants to run with the idea...groundSlipperiness at 5ish is pretty fun, although good luck stopping. slap some flat obstacles in a descending pattern, one direction. Add some hazards, jumps, shortcuts, powerups, pickups for scoring etc etc w/e w/e and coco boarding might just be there...

(Also i've really been wondering if other stuff is modifiable through the .preset file...for example i dont see similar things like GroundBreakPower etc.)

Last edited by stev on Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Nice find! :ayla: We don't have any plans to 'fix' that, but I can't guarantee that future changes might not accidentally break that kind of functionality, since it's not something we officially support either.

The preset file contains exactly the same stuff as the in-game custom game settings menu. As far as I know there are no hidden settings there.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm 

You are probably already aware that some entities are missing localisations but it would be nice to have at least the following one added because they are used in the chat.

Code:
NameCharCreepDroidFlying_Short => "Flying droid"
NameCharCreepDroidMelee_Short => "Droid"
NameCharCreepDroidSuper_Short => "Super droid"
NameCharCreepSolarboss_Short => "Solar boss"

NameCharCreepCritterStarstorm_Short
NameCharCreepCritterAIStation404_Short
NameCharCreepCritterCrab_Short
NameCharCreepCritterRibbit4_Short
NameCharCreepCritterSorona_Short
NameCharRibbitExploder_Short
=> "Critter"

NameCharCreepBlinkerBlinktarget_Short
NameCharCreepButterflyCocoonChecker_Short
NameCharCreepDestroyable_Short
NameCharDummy_Short
NameCharFlag_Short
NameCharPet_Short
NameCharShamanWall_Short
NameChar_Short
NameChar_Short
=> "Unknown"

NameCharCreepHyperTurret_Short => "Ramona"
NameCharCreepElliptoMonster_Short => "Dinosaur"
NameCharCaptainChain_Short => "Swiggin's anchor"
NameCharShamanWall_Short => "Skree's totem"
NameCharCreepSpyBooth_Short => "Sentry's beacon"
NameCharCreepCowboyBull_Short => "Bull"
NameCharChameleonClone_Short => "Leon?"
NameCharCreepCowboy_Short => "Lonestar?"
NameCharCreepSpy_Short => "Sentry?"
NameCharCreepDasher_Short => "Froggy G?"
NameCharCreepSummonerDrone_Short => "Voltar's drone"
NameCharCreepSummonerHealtotem_Short => "Voltar's healbot"

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:07 pm 

Quote:
-Modded textures are now automatically reloaded when they are overwritten or added while in the map editor (this currently works only in OpenGL on Windows, so not on Mac/Linux and not in DirectX). There’s a new button that can be used to disable this functionality temporarily when desired.

This didnt seem to work for me? Win 10, tried in windowed openGL. Added or overwritten means in the OwnMods/.../Textures folder, correct?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:59 pm 

Hi there!

My Map Editor crashed and now the textures of the obstacles wont load :o
The Background is gone, too.
it looks like this: Image
Is there a easy way to fix this?
I spend quite a lot of time with this map and I'd hate it if I had to start all over.

It also changed the Minimap settings and whatnot, but that's not that big of a deal.

Thanks in advance! :)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:59 pm 

Raddwa wrote:
Hi there!

My Map Editor crashed and now the textures of the obstacles wont load :o
The Background is gone, too.
it looks like this:
[...]

hi, someone can hopefully help you in a more in-depth fashion. Probably need to upload your map files etc. But at the moment you can try navigating to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Modding\AutoBackupMaps or whatever drive awesomenauts etc. is on. Sort the folder by date and hopefully one of the recent autobackups works

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

stev wrote:
Quote:
-Modded textures are now automatically reloaded when they are overwritten or added while in the map editor (this currently works only in OpenGL on Windows, so not on Mac/Linux and not in DirectX). There’s a new button that can be used to disable this functionality temporarily when desired.

This didnt seem to work for me? Win 10, tried in windowed openGL. Added or overwritten means in the OwnMods/.../Textures folder, correct?

Argh, I just tried in the beta and texture reloading without restarting the map indeed doesn't work at the moment. :( I won't be able to look into this before 4.3 launches since that's coming too quickly, but hopefully I can look into this for 4.4.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Joost wrote:
stev wrote:
Quote:

Argh, I just tried in the beta and texture reloading without restarting the map indeed doesn't work at the moment. :( I won't be able to look into this before 4.3 launches since that's coming too quickly, but hopefully I can look into this for 4.4.

I've fixed this one internally. Turned out to be a very specific issue that only happened in release builds, that's why we had overlooked it before. The fix will be in Update 4.4.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:12 pm 

So I found some bugs in the last beta:
- Selection is drawed over the map editor UI: Image
- The space shortcut is not working in the particle editor
- Ted's airstrike crashes the game when you select it as a bullet for turrets

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party: