Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
For some reason one of my textures doesn't want to work on my map. It's only with 1 texture but it doesn't seem to happen with other textures. I put the texture on the map, it works fine until I try to copy/paste it or reload the map, then the texture won't show up.

This is the level after I added a the textures:

And this was the level after I reloaded it:

I also have a video of me trying to copy paste the texture and it not working. But for some reason it does work on other textures I added.
https://youtu.be/mamTSTT2OmM

I already tried to use a copy of the image and even altering it but no matter what I do I can't get it to work in game.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:39 am 

I recently played 4 games on my custom map with people, but they all show up in the replay folder as Ribbit IV :( And when I go to watch the replay it's all the textures from Ribbit IV. When I tested the map with only bots though, the replays worked just fine. What's going on???

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:45 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Luckytime wrote:
Stuff

Replays don't seem to work with levels that are set to private or friends only, they only work when a map is set to public.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:

Alpha Z wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

vmar98 wrote:
For some reason one of my textures doesn't want to work on my map. It's only with 1 texture but it doesn't seem to happen with other textures. I put the texture on the map, it works fine until I try to copy/paste it or reload the map, then the texture won't show up.

This is the level after I added a the textures:
[img]

And this was the level after I reloaded it:
[img]

I also have a video of me trying to copy paste the texture and it not working. But for some reason it does work on other textures I added.
https://youtu.be/mamTSTT2OmM

I already tried to use a copy of the image and even altering it but no matter what I do I can't get it to work in game.

Hmm, I've never seen this particular behaviour. Maybe it's because there's a space in the filename? ("platform side")

Related, although I don't think this is your particular problem: if you play on Low Backgrounds Quality, then objects with parallax might not show up when you reload the level since Low Backgrounds Quality hides objects at certain parallax values.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:42 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

JoJodestructor19 wrote:
testing more, i found another one that doesn't work. Chameleonstealthexplode2 doesn't work yet the first stage does. Me and kai's map will never be done with so many upgrades like this :GnawCry:

Some upgrades aren't intended to just be applied and that's it. In some cases there's more logic needed, or a different upgrade is the main thing and this is just a helper upgrade. Basically, using the enormous amount of random upgrades in the game is at your own risk: they may or may not work as you want them to, and they may be changed over time.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:32 am 

vmar98 wrote:
Luckytime wrote:
Stuff

Replays don't seem to work with levels that are set to private or friends only, they only work when a map is set to public.

That doesn't seem to be it, I had a game with drop-in enabled, but when I went to look at the replay the same bug happened. The very next day, it reverted to the modded map. I appreciate the reply but there's more going on than meets the eye.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

In my experience that issue with replays is random. I played a match on a modded map and got a broken Ribbit replay. Then I played another match on that exact same mod and got a fine replay.

If anyone has any info on how to play a modded match in a such way that the resulting replay is broken, then please do post it here since that would greatly help in fixing it.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am 

When you try to hide textures with a button the texture won't become invisible unless it's connected to an existing hide area. If the texture is connected to a non-existing hide area it will start blinking when the button is pressed.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:

Alpha Z wrote:

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 pm 

I used hidden textures on my map but right now every texture that's supposed to be hidden is visible in the level editor camera and replays.

This is what it looks like in replays:

But this is how it's supposed to look like:

I can get why it's all visible in the level editor but the textures that are invisible really should be invisible in replays.

Also, teleporters that are supposed to be invisible are also visible in replays.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:

Alpha Z wrote:

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:22 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Yeah, replays don't support a bunch of things you can do in the map editor. When looking at the long list of things we could work on for modding we decided not to prioritise replays. For the next time we work on modding, would you prefer we spend time on fixing replays or an extending modding functionality?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next