Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Map Showcase Thread (SHOW OFF SMALL MAPS HERE!)
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:25 am 

Make a fancy new level but you don't think it's mindblowing enough to need its own thread?
Show it off here!
This thread is more for mini-levels or deathmatch maps, rather than fully fleshed-out ones, as we're probably going to get a lot of those from the community. It's basically a "what have you been making with the editor?" kinda thread.

I have big things planned for later once custom textures are available, but for now I just made a silly little deathmatch map:
One health kit spawns on the top and bottom platforms, and the other platforms move left and right. Here's a video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mpziA-1c5U

Last edited by Skip on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Map Showcase Thread
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:58 am 

Well, now that this exists. My Map

This is an asymmetrical one lane map intended to be about terrain advantages.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:02 pm 

I made a TDM map for Clunks only, inside a cramped deathbox.
AA isn't allowed, 750 starting solar, and 3 frags to win :party:
Here

Check out my Sentry Guide where you will learn about momentum and fly beyond your farthest dreams

RICK AND MORTY 100 TIMES FOREVER DOT COM 100 TIMES WW DOT RICK AND MORTY DOT 100 TIMES FOREVER DOT COM

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:34 pm 

Skip wrote:
I have big things planned for later once custom textures are available

You already can do a lot with mixing textures together and such, but yeah, I agree, I will probably myself create more than review once custom textures will be avaible.

I mean I had to use Skree's saw texture just so I could have blue skye for once :derp:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 pm 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Oh boy I've been waiting for a thread like this.

AI Station 404 Balanced

One of the biggest problems I had on AI Station 404 was the utter dominance of pushers such as Raelynn, Skree and Lonestar due to their powerful clear abilities and for Rae's and Lone's case, their abilities that can clear the entire lane. Inorder to fix this, I added a little bit of verticality to the bottom lane so Rae and Lone can't clear the entire lane as easily. I also added a hidden area below the bottom lane to make it easier to dodge such abilities while giving more use to characters who excel in close ranged quarters which 404 lacks. Another problem that was fixed was Vinnie, Ayla's and now Max's problem with the glass platforms mixed with gravity in the middle. By rearranging the glass platforms, it is now much easier to navigate for flyers. Then finally, as the gravity field will most likely be removed, I added a new gimmick to this map, a neutral flyer spawner! Starting the countdown 2 minutes in the game and spawning a new hummingbird every 20 seconds up to ten humming birds, you will want control of top so you can battle this horde of hummingbirds for 50 solar! However these hummingbirds will most likely not be in the final version as it was just an experiment of what gimmick I could do that would eventually replace the gravity field.

Modified Bottom Lane! An inclination to prevent an abuse of straight line abilities ravaging the lane! There's also a hidden area to easily dodge these abilities or to ambush the enemy team on the other side.

Modified Glass platform placement in the middle so it's no longer a fight to get from top to bottom as flyers such as Ayla, Max, and Vinnie!

If you're brave, unleash the wave of ten neutral hummingbird droids in top for an easy 50 solar! Button is activatable every 200 seconds. (Most likely going to be cut)

Zork Industries

In the final stages of the Second AI War, both the Ones and the Zeros decide to make an attempt to seize the means of production of their war machines by battling in the heart of Zork Industries! In an effort to cut off the other team of weapons and resources, each team will have to battle in each segment of Zork Industries, the sewer, the manufacturing zone, the Zork Suites, and Blabl's private jungle!

Three lanes
Gain a "reward" by pushing down the first turret of each lane
Team based jungle, protect your creeps and solar bosses or go after the enemy team's once you push down top lane!
Loaded with scenery!

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post subject: Re: Map Showcase Thread (SHOW OFF SMALL MAPS HERE!)
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 pm 
Adminaut

Stickying this on request and because it does seem like a good thread to have.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 am 

AI Station 206 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862571131
"Based on AI Station 205. A redesigned jungle designed to stop a team spiralling. I think it should give the losing team more opportunity to fight back."

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:56 am 

Not sure if this counts as a small Map, but I am really proud of this map.
There are 12 rooms and you teleport through those rooms trying to catch one another. So it a Random-Instagib mode would work best. I present HideNSeek Portal Edition:

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods