Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: What's your top 3 modding feature requests?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I have a list of over 100 modding feature requests from the community, but I don't have much clue which ones are random ideas, and which ones are really wanted. To get a better idea of what to prioritise:

if you're an active modder yourself, what's the top 3 new features you want most for modding?

Post subject: Re: What's your top 3 modding feature requests?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 am 

ooh joost, I want to customise the ui of a player,so that I can have a dialog, which is simular to the one you had in the first tutorial.

Secondly I want to add sounds anywhere on the map, it can just be music in an area, but more complex where you can play single sound effects in a certain area or even make them stop and play again. Of course custom sounds, would be cool, but to be honest I don't think anyone would use that - I believe you said this would require access to the animation editor, so maybe give us the animation editor please?

Thirdly simply make map-editor hotkeys rebind able.

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:21 am 

1. animation editor

2. settings editor

3. the two above

Main: :lolstar:
tryharding: :sleep: :ksenia:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:54 pm 

1. settings manager

2. settings manager

3. the two above

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

1. Settings Manager

2. Animation Editor

3. Simultaneous multi-user editing for the level editor

I'm going to have to jump on the Settings Manager hype train here. I enjoy looking at the game's decrypted settings files to discover details on how specific abilities and upgrades interact, and I sometimes wish there was a way to load modified settings back into the game.

If the public release of the Settings Manager is infeasible, perhaps custom game presets could be extended to parse lines with the .settings syntax and use them as overrides.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 pm 

1. Settings manager (it would be cool to be able to apply a custom setting file using affectAreas)

2. Small improvement to the AI editor like:
- PressButtons/Sticks for players
- The ability to check if stick is pressed by bots / players
- "Can play sequence multiple times" for startCameraSequence
- selectPingTarget (there's only selectPingWaypoint actually)
- Store position in counter
- Set position using counter
- Making setLevelButton/emitMessageInArea works for everyone

3. The animation editor (specially for custom sounds and the ability to display custom textures using the AI editor)

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Last edited by Blatoy on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:32 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
1.) Settings Editor
My nostalgia for ASM is back and better than ever. I would love to make a droid of some sort with increased health and other attributes for a form Tower Defense map I've been thinking about.

2.) Custom Sounds
This could also be through an animation editor of some sorts but I would love for the implementation of custom sounds along with an easier way to add sounds to a custom map rather than spamming minuscule animations everywhere or manipulating the AI editor.

3.) A way for custom game announcements
For instance, Luxor has a solar drill. I would love to somehow be able to get a text indicator along the likes of when your turret is being attacked to say whatever I would want it to say so I could say "The Solar Drill Starts in 5 Seconds"

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm 

1. Custom Animations (I think it's just an After Effects exporter and the ability to import into the level editor?)

2. Character Creator (Is this the settings manager everyone is requesting?)

3. Custom Sounds

Also... I would love if we had weekly/bi-weekly "brawls" similar to Heroes of the Storm. Except these brawls would be a featured community made map. Players would get Awesomepoints/Droppod Parts or even another special reward for playing the map a few times (in HOTS players have to play the brawl 3 times to get an exclusive profile pic and other rewards). Right now, mods are not really a part of the game and I think this would be a good way to implement them. Every week or so we could just rotate the map(s) out. Maybe have 1 classic moba map, a TDM map, and an out of the ordinary map in each new brawl. You could make it so players have to play each one 1 time to get their rewards. :yoolip:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:42 am 

1. Settings Editor - The demand is here and it's very clear. I will note that it doesn't have to deal with character/naut creation for starters, just the ability to create character upgrades so we can apply them to characters to tweak them. So we can make characters with more health, less damage, more solar, etc.

2. More enemies/droids to play with - Currently we only have three droid types, melee droids, flying droids and super droids. I just think it would be great if we got additional droid types exclusively for the level editor such as Captain Droids, Stealth Droids, a Boss Droid on par with Solar Boss, etc.

3. The ability to tweak pickups - (more solar from treasure or less, more health or less from health pickups)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 pm 

lampshade all of your requests need the settings manager I'm fairly sure.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk