Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's your top 3 modding feature requests?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm 

1. ui customisation

2. finished/fixed upgrade giving (at least on the intended character)

3. custom music/sound

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:13 pm 

huh, people are asking for massive changes only. i'll stick to the small stuff, then:

1. turret customization
stuff like:
-replaceable projectiles and stats of said projectiles (ie. changing from a minigun turret to a slow firing aoe rocket launcher turret, a really fast firing flamethrower turret etc).
-customizable detection areas.
-editable health value.
-ability to change the size of the turret (so you could have miniturrets in places like ceilings or something).
-something i'm forgetting.

2. a quick drawing tool.
basically a pencil so i could say quickly draw the layout or something and the continue to make that layout from objects instead of having to make a custom texture first to do that. if you want to be fancy you could also make the drawing tool be able to create outlines for objects, affect areas and such.

3. better minimap customization
-making the minimap larger on the player screen so it can have more stuff in it (possibly without limit so you could make a minimap only map?)

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:24 am 

Funnynin wrote:
lampshade all of your requests need the settings manager I'm fairly sure.

Its a more clever way of saying. 1) settings manager. 2) settings manger. etc.

But really, it would be cool to see ronimo design more droid types for placement in mods! ^^

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Aside from the settings manager and animation editor I would really like:

1)Better turret customization options like being able to choose what kind of bullets you'll use, the range of bullets and an option to not have a turret graphic or replace it entirely with something else.

2)More advanced AffectArea options like time slow/increase, being able to use the instand pickup affects(like lower cooldown and increased jump height) without using the upgrade, the ability to set the exact strength of affects so you don't have to use upgrades for more precise affects and the ability to make AffectArea affects immume to BKM.

3)Having start and end positions for textures and animations. I would still like to have the animation curve editor but it's just very limited in some regards. The only way you can make a texture move on command right now is by applying it to an obstical and disabeling collosion for all teams which feels really clunky.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:56 pm 

CookieMaster wrote:
ooh joost, I want to customise the ui of a player,so that I can have a dialog, which is simular to the one you had in the first tutorial.
Bacon Bomb wrote:
3.) A way for custom game announcements
For instance, Luxor has a solar drill. I would love to somehow be able to get a text indicator along the likes of when your turret is being attacked to say whatever I would want it to say so I could say "The Solar Drill Starts in 5 Seconds"

These are sort-of already possible. That is, it is definitely possible to create custom UI elements that can be overlaid on the player's screen. This includes custom textures and custom text where the input can be controlled with AI. The downside currently is lack of customization of the font styling (may not get a typeface you want and re-sizing/re-coloring it can be tricky) combined with not being able to effectively pull values from counters (basically have to design states based on pre-defined variable values instead of just chucking a %v and counter name into a string, for example).

Let me know if you need help?

You both also mentioned sounds: not that useful, but there is another button type you can add to gameplay.xml called gameMessageButton. I know you can use it for the announcements you hear in a normal game (enemy is in your base, etc.). Gonna go see, but looking at it, it may accept any old sound group. Might help cut down on having to write AI/use animations for sounds etc...

CookieMaster wrote:
Thirdly simply make map-editor hotkeys rebind able.
Bacon Bomb wrote:
1.) Settings Editor
My nostalgia for ASM is back and better than ever. I would love to make a droid of some sort with increased health and other attributes for a form Tower Defense map I've been thinking about.

My requests, not in any particular order:
1: Some way of using counters or another variable in strings as per above. (the current way with localization replacement is annoying and limited)

2: Rebinding of keys in the editor and usability tweaks in the UI

Some hotkeys are really annoying like teleporting your char to the camera position and it impedes the workflow. As far as usability tweaks i forget them until i run into them again, unfortunately, but one that stands out a lot to me is value input boxes. Please make it so even if i haven't activated a value box by clicking in it i am able to highlight any part of the value or at the very very least make it so that first click determines the carat (input) position. Right now it always goes to the back of the box, THEN i have to click another position to change i.e, 234 to 134. Also the different functions of the different delete keys is like some horrible prank.

3: It will probably come with the whole settings editor, but yes some way to define game values more accurately and/or add new types of creeps.

It is annoying trying to find a creep that will press the right buttons etc so you can even use it for the purpose you want, let alone a model that's appropriate. Also need to accurately set damage amp values etc.

I too have played with tower defense stuff a little bit. I ended up spawning sentries/yuri's behind textures, and sticking a super strength black hole AffectArea on them... Then tried to find good AI's for the shooting...

prob edit this later...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:38 am 

1. Block to check how much ammo has bot (knives, shotgun shells, anything that uses ammo mechanism).

For 2. and 3. pick anythng from this thread.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 am 

Things that would motivate me to get back into AI modding:

1. Dual stick controls for bots. This is the big one.
  2. Proper support for loops, which would massively improve productivity and readability. Have some kind of hard limit to the number of times a loop can be iterated through, and break out if said threshold is surpassed to protect against infinite loops.
  3. Improvements to the path-finding system in general. Trying to get bots to navigate any kind of complex geometry, especially vertically, is an exercise in frustration. This is a big part of what makes StarStorm bad. Some sort of navmesh would be great.
  4. The ability to query turrets without needing to search for them, as well as the ability to search around objects other than the player (eg. This search around the area of my coco ball shows an enemy, I'll detonate. This search around a team mate shows he's surrounded by enemies, I should go try to help him, etc.)
  5. The ability to get the position of where an enemy will be after a certain amount of time, assuming his movement remains constant
  6. The ability to keep track of more than one target.
  7. The ideal though is to have an actual API so we can throw off the very limiting shackles of the behavior tree creator altogether and use a real programming language instead.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:17 pm 

hurleybird wrote:
Dual stick controls for bots. This is the big one.

This is a big one for me as well, especially for my commander rocket bot.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Seems like SettingsManager/CharacterCreator is the most requested feature, with AnimationEditor and things that can be made through animations (Sound and Text) as a close second.

Moddable characters is unfortunately really complex, so that's not something I can pick up at the moment. However, I have started slowly making my way towards the AnimationEditor. Right now I'm working on making particles moddable, which wasn't being requested but technically ParticleEditor is a simpler version of AnimationEditor, so this is a good way for me to try out some concepts and figure out how to solve certain issues. I hope the ParticleEditor will be ready for the beta for Update 4.4.

I also see some things that I can add relatively quickly (like checking ammo and tweaking turrets) so after the particle editor I'll do some of that kind of stuff first.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm 

thank you joost, it is great to see more and more modding features added, it´s really great to hear that you are working on an particle and animation editor. and even seemingly small things like tweakable turrets are kinda huge. looking forward to experimenting with that stuff

Main: :lolstar:
tryharding: :sleep: :ksenia: