Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Maps Made in Beta
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 pm 

If I make a map in beta, exit out Awesomenauts, open up the normal game, (do nothing), exit again, open up beta, and test my map, it deletes all of the obstacles, start positions, resets death zone and all other zones, and makes the background black. If I create an obstacle, it cannot procedurally generate art, even when checked to do so. However, it maintains position/size/color of other types of objects.

Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/rvh9NM7

Post subject: Re: Maps Made in Beta
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:25 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I've just tried doing exactly what you described, but switching between beta and game and back didn't actually break the map. Did this happen to you just once, or did you have this problem several times? My guess right now is that something else broke and that switching to and from the beta had nothing to do with the actual bug.

Could you email the files for your mod to me, so that I can check what's in them? You can find the files for the map here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Modding

They're either in LocalMaps or in OwnMods, depending on whether you put the map in a mod yet. Please send the files to joost@ronimo-games.com.

By the way, this also highlights the importance of adding an autobackup feature to the map editor...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:59 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

...so I've just added an auto backup system to the map editor. This new feature will go live in the next beta.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 pm 

Well thank you for your concern. It turned out there was a problem with the gameplay.xml file. When I entered a very large number in a button for TimeToRemainPressedAfter, so that it would essentially stay pressed on forever (without spawning an extra creep + button), it corrupted the number somehow, and showed up as weird symbol gibberish in the .xml file. On deleting that and setting it to zero, the file automatically returned to normal.

It turns out I did this on every single map I tried it with, so unlucky coincidence. :/

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:24 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hmm, that's a weird bug! Anyway, good to hear it works again! :ayla: