Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Any idea about the original purpose of unused levelObjects?
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

Hey!

I was messing around with the game a while ago and I did find some unused levelObject and I'm super curious about what was their original purpose. Does anyone have an idea? :derp:

- reGrower: An object that will move up/down when hit depending on its settings
    - MessageButton: Can be found in demo maps near the base, does it still has any effect now?
    - Spike: Can be used to apply damageSetting, were any kind of spike planned in game?
    - Treasure: drop solar when hit. (I just notice they can be found in the levelPickup too)
    - breakablePickup: can't go trough until you break it by attacking. Respawn after a while

I don't think we will ever see any of them in the near future because they crash your map when you reload it and IIRC they were already there when they released the editor :GnawCry:

If you're curious about what I'm talking about, check this gif: https://gfycat.com/DecisiveMellowHumpbackwhale

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post subject: Re: Any idea about the original purpose of unused levelObjec
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 am 

i feel like i remember seeing regrowers in ASM but maybe not--want to say w/ voltar and/or gnaw (or was it just plain droid spawns ---)... message buttons (or is this something different? there are at least 2 in all current official maps) works last time i tested, but never got around to testing sounds other than announcer stuff (didnt test (mod) sounds either). ehh... single player testing though. Treasure is either a port from swords & soldiers (?) or was this the big solar tree of old days? i forget.

dont think i have crashed a map with any of these, though i havent heard of spike (nor tried adding reGrower)