Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Post subject: Mafia Base Rules + Host Sign Up Info Master Thread
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 am 

Game 8 Submissions are now open. You have from now to Wednesday January 25th morning time on EST to fill out the forum and PM it to myself to put your game up for the running for Mafia 8

After careful deliberation among forum users both on and off the forum, we've finally come up with a System on how we'll handle who hosts the next game. For the sake of organization, this thread will have both the Base Rules of Mafia and How to Sign Up for running a game.

To note as well, anyone who has hosted a game previously must wait up to 2 more games before being able to host another game to increase host diversity and to prevent a monopoly. This restriction does not apply to Co-hosts however.

Hey there!
So you wanna be able to run a Mafia game huh?
Well we'll lay out the groundwork of what you need to do if you plan to host a Mafia game of your own someday. I strongly urge you to speak to people who have hosted games previously to know what you're getting into as hosting a game is much harder than it may appear. If you're prepared however, here's how it works.

From now on when a Mafia game concludes, there will be a 1 Week Period of Hosts sending a private message to the Council consisting of Bowserslave, Catgame, and Emo Chappington. We will after about 3-4 days make a Voting Thread posting each Host's Submission, which then you the people will vote on which game will be hosted. Afterwards their sign up thread will go up for the week, and their game will begin. We'll go through this process every time we decide who hosts the next game, and you are free to apply as many times as you want if you don't win a vote. There is also no limit to how many people want to host a game.

For each host that wants to host a game, please fill this out and PM it to Bowserslave and Catgame21234 These are what will be posted in the Voting Thread when it goes up

Code:
[size=165][b]Game Name[/b][/size]

[size=165][b]Host Name[/b][/size]

[size=165][b]Co Host Name[/b][/size] [if you have one]

[size=165][b]Game Setup[/b][/size] [Closed, Open, Role Madness]
Ex: Game 3 was a Closed Role Madness Game.

[size=165][b]Game Flavor[/b][/size]

[size=165][b]Game Size[/b][/size] [Small, Large, Custom]

[size=165][b]Plot Setup[/b][/size] [Small selling pitch on what your game's about]

[size=165][b]Any other details you wish to add to sell your game[/b][/size]

BASE MAFIA RULES

Quote:
1. Most players belong to one of two groups: the Town and the Mafia. Any player who is Town wins if all Mafia or any threats to the town such as an independent role are killed. Any player who is a Mafia wins as soon as the number of Mafiosos equals the number of Townies [Independent players are not added to the number of townspeople]. There may also be Independent players who have their own unique win conditions, which will not be publicly revealed.

1.5 Depending on certain roles you add into the game, the base win condition for Town or Mafia may be different than what is normally stated. As a host be sure you know what roles your adding into your game and how some of them affect which side wins

2. Each player has a name, and one or even a set of abilities. These abilities are unique to the player, and secret to everyone else, unless the player chooses to reveal them. Note that a player's character can be used to try and infer their abilities and/or alignment...but no guarantees.

3. Gameplay cycles between a Day phase and a Night phase. Day phase lasts 72 hours of real time, but may be ended early if the town decides on someone to lynch. Night phase lasts 48 hours, but may be ended early if all players complete their night actions.

4. During Day phase, the players may vote on who among them they should lynch. If any player receives a simple majority of the player's votes, that player is immediately lynched, and Day phase ends. A player's identity and alignment are revealed when they are lynched. Players should put their votes in bold, so they can be easily spotted. If you change your vote, state so in the next post and reblod your new vote.

4.5 In the event such as extreme timezone difference a person reaches the maximum amount of votes to be lynched and they have not had a chance to type anything in their defense, it is up to the host to decide if they will allow them to be able to defend themselves [This for example may not apply in a moment such as the 2nd Forum Mafia game when it came down to only 3 people remaining in the final moments] or if the votes are reached immediately within the hour.

5. During the Night phase, no player is allowed to post anything except last words by a player who has just been lynched or killed. Players with night time abilities should PM me [this is the best method as I may lose a steam or skype message] to let me know what they are doing. Also, every night, the Mafia may choose 1 player to kill. All deaths, and any other noticeable happenings will be reported to the town at the next day phase. If you do not send me a night action within the night time period, you will not perform any action for the night.

6. Players WILL NOT discuss the game outside of this thread, unless their abilities state otherwise. Mafia may converse between themselves via PM or a Skype group made by the host. Dead players MAY NOT post in this thread after their death, but may exchange PMs or messages with other dead players. They are NOT allowed to communicate with any player regarding the game if they are still alive.

7. You may not directly quote any PM I send you concerning this game. You also may not edit your posts: just double post if absolutely must.

7.5 If Moderators are playing the game, they are not allowed to edit another players quotes for their own manipulation. Screenshots will be taken periodically to make sure a person does not edit their post

7.75 You are not allowed to post the artwork anywhere that is in your PM regarding your role.

8. Honor Code/Snitch System. If a player communicates with another outside of the game, you are to report it to the host immediately with valid proof of the conversation [either saved log or recorded conversation. For Steam save the logs ASAP since Steam does not keep them once you sign off]. Anyone caught will be immediately mod killed while the reporter will gain a special perk for the day/night of the hosts choosing.

8.5 In addition if someone attempts to fabricate evidence to get someone killed using this method, they instead will be modkilled.

9. No outside evidence such as chat logs of other conversations may be used as evidence against a player. Anything inside the forum is fair game [this does not mean posting the chatlog somewhere on the forum such as the Paste Game and then using it counts as "Inside the forum"]

10. If you have any further questions please ask the host or co-host

Post subject: Re: Mafia Base Rules + Host Sign Up Info Master Thread
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:45 am 

Now that Game 4 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. Since I was outside the majority of the day and did not make this post until very late, I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 5 from Tuesday [August 16th] to Friday [August 19th]

Fill out the forum within the code and PM it to myself to be put on the ballot starting this Friday

If you have already submitted your game during Mafia 4 and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 5.

There is also an additional formatting rule I will mention now

-In the event a host runs into problems with their game and cannot start at the time given to them, they must send a private message to Bowserslave explaining why to see if the problem can be worked out. At most an extra week grace period will be granted [This will not be granted if your only reasoning is "I need more time to plan the game out"]

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:20 pm 

Now that Game 5 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 6 from Saturday [October 8th] to Wednesday [October 12th] around 4:30pm EST

Fill out the forum within the code and PM it to myself to be put on the ballot starting this Friday

If you have already submitted your game during any previous voting sessions and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 6.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 am 

Now that Game 6 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 6 from Sunday [January 1st 2017] to Thursday Morning EST [since it's past midnight EU time] [January 5th 2017]

Fill out the forum within the code and PM it to myself to be put on the ballot starting this Sunday

If you have already submitted your game during any previous voting sessions and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 7.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 am 

Now that Game 7 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 7 from Saturday [January 21st 2017] to Wednesday Morning EST [January 25th 2017]

Fill out the forum within the code and PM it to myself to be put on the ballot starting this Sunday

If you have already submitted your game during any previous voting sessions and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 8.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm 

Apologies for not making this post earlier, though you all got the notification on Discord so the message was delivered. But for the sake of formality let me just say

Now that Game 8 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 9 from Wednesday [February 22nd 2017] to Monday Afternoon EST [February 27th 2017]

If you have already submitted your game during any previous voting sessions and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 9.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm 

Now that Game 10 has come to a conclusion, the "Downtime" period will start from this moment. I will give hosts interested in hosting Game 11 from Sunday [July 9th 2017] to Thursday Morning EST [July 13th 2017]

If you have already submitted your game during any previous voting sessions and it did not win the vote, you must resubmit your entry to be within the ranks for hosting Mafia 11.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.