Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Trading Mafia Development (Feedback Wanted)
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:36 am 

eh it was worth a shot

but good luck :)

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 am 

catgame21234 wrote:
eh it was worth a shot

but good luck :)

I mean, it was an option I considered, but felt was too boring.

Plus, now I get to look at the pros and cons of the game you sent, which is important for play-balance and focuses I can put on roles.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am 

About the Snowballing:

It happens every time Town concludes that someone is Mafia and lynch them. After a Mafia lynch you can at least think about other possible members, thus killing most likely one other Mafia. At least that is what happened in a couple of our games, including yours IIRC. It's a factor that will exist all the time.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:04 pm 

_Eagleeye wrote:
About the Snowballing:

It happens every time Town concludes that someone is Mafia and lynch them. After a Mafia lynch you can at least think about other possible members, thus killing most likely one other Mafia. At least that is what happened in a couple of our games, including yours IIRC. It's a factor that will exist all the time.

Yeah, I know, I just don't want items to be a factor in helping that. Once you get a good list of dedicated townies, you can just auction away all your items away to that one townie.

If you trade all your items in a townies, you risk that townie getting hard countered and dying.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 am 

I have some updates boyos and grills.

First:

I'm announcing it's a Runescape Mafia officially.
Edit: (Nope)

Second: I'm announcing how this is going to work and how I designed it.

Money

Money plays a pivotal part in the game. Money is used from activating certain abilities, to trading to buying new powers (more on that later). I made sure money is sought after and wanted rather than being a useless cosmetic.

The Shop
There is a third party shop owned by yours truly. Every day, I will cycle my wares, and reveal a solid six different items, different from last day. You will have the choice of a couple items of all powers and rarities. Not all items are made equal, but all have different types and uses. You may sell items here, but at a fraction of what you would buy it for.

However, if you are strapped on cash, there is an alternative cost to all my wares in craftable items collected by other players. These may be traded and sold for less amount than what the output is worth. It's a win-win for both players and I hope to be the main driving point of the game.

Item System
Items are your powers and perks. All your passives and actions are dictated by items, and with no items you are a vanilla mafia, and trust me, if it was in a mafia game I could easily make it an item in this game. Some items gather material and others are common mafia-game related actions. I'm not going to spoil any items here, but you can get a good idea with the types I have:

Night - Night Action Item, 1 per night can be used.
Day - Day Action Item, 1 per day can be used.
Consumable - Destroyed on usage.
Passive - Unusable, instead a passive buff.

All Roles start with a set amount of items and money.

I will say from a design point, I designed the game ITEMS FIRST, ROLES SECOND, and then I fit it into a Runescape setting via names and appearance. I am going to hinder how much I should reference in the game since I know I'm appealing to an audience that has barely played it if ever years ago.

If you feel like the Runescape setting is too much, I can confirm it barely will be addressed, the most there is, is item names and characters you start with, which again, entirely dictated by items.

If you want a research list, well I can tell you right away I'm willing to provide and do the research for you if needed, I will answer questions about the game in a filtered fashion, for example:
"This guy was killed with a sword, can I have a list of every character with a sword?"
and I would.

=======================================
And with that, theorize away at what I have in store in terms of roles, items and possibly characters, they are in the process of finalization, I am not adding any more at the moment and I am wanting to host when this game in the summer.

Last edited by Wakkabanana on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NOT Runescape Mafia Development Page
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 am 

CPU Mafia 2.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:11 pm 

Will you make use of other (mobile) Operating systems as well?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:50 pm 

_Eagleeye wrote:
Will you make use of other (mobile) Operating systems as well?

No Comment.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
I mean since I had the idea of a Mafia game that progresses ever since Game 4 or 5 but yours seems different enough.

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!