Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 am
Posts: 8733
Location: Lift me, Daddy Deadlift!
@town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2s56IQzsBE&ab_channel=GreenoGrenesis

@mafia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6PxRwgjzZw&ab_channel=KlydeStorm

Don't worry town i know how you feels :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
I made this -> :ixsad: . and all the avatars that look like mine. All 20+ of them.
Art Thread
UPGRADE MALFUNCTION OVERDRIVE
Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:59 am
Posts: 1992
We didn't do absolutely nothing, we spent a lot of time meme'ing and laughing at Yolv for inviting two Mafia members back to back into the neighborhood and trying to figure out what that mustache was. Bronoc though? Yeah that video fits perfectly.

_________________
all ya'll hoes mafia confirmed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: England
I'm not going to go through every player but I will explain the endgame for everyone I suppose. After _Eagle died it did look a bit hopeless honestly, 2 people confirmed townie and another basically confirmed to be not mafia while there are 3 more townies and at least 2 of them would be able to confirm themselves with night actions (and as it turned out GuyBrush still left a message on Diz even though he was roleblocked). Mafia were really only able to pull this off because of those 2 modkills, I feel like if there hadn't been 2 nights where conversion failed it would have been very obvious when abilities stopped happening because nearly everyone left a "hint" that they visited someone. Piet and Yolv, definitely be careful about what you talk about to each other regarding the game, thank you for being honest with the hosts about what you talked about though (I assume). Funnily enough GuyBrush you were the townie that allowed this endgame to happen, because you put a vote on Mr. L. Because you didn't immediately mention being roleblocked for some reason(?) I was able to easily abuse the fact that I knew you were roleblocked to say I was roleblocked immediately and that you lied about it. Then stop any further discussion by hammer voting my own teammate. If you hadn't put a vote on Mr. L the day wouldn't have been able to end and Diz would have really easily pieced together that you targeted him since it still told him you targeted him, while I was actually lying.
sfaFreak you played well all game, you were able to avoid us attempting anything else on you after the conversion failed until Eagle tried to get you lynched because we were running out of targets and knew you were Independent, unfortunately Eagle happened to choose Devmon for his role name which was taken, as was always a possibility. This did make you look very unsuspicious fortunately for you though. Of course, at the end with my gambit, as long as you targeted me or GuyBrush for a kill you would have won, so well done on making it there. I had a feeling you wanted to win with Town after what Eagle tried, so I tried to make myself look Town and went with "fortune favours the bold" for my final gambit. :shrug:
I KNOW you would've figured it out had you been given more time Diz, so I had to rush an endgame there, I actually made a mistake by not lying about my original SNARF because I wouldn't have been blocked by the roleblocker with it (more on that later I guess), I'm sure if sfaFreak really thought about it he would've figured out from the hints who was Mafia too.
If GuyBrush wouldn't have left his presence known to Diz somehow on Night 8 I was prepared to try and get him lynched with my reasoning being "The lack of videos doesn't prove if I was converted on Night 5, because with the recruitment SNARF being what it is I would've been able to get a video out." which was only possible because I didn't target anyone night 5, with the intention being to target 2 people the next night. :lolstar:
Mr. L was unfortunately away for the last days so I guess this all went by before he knew what was even happening, even though we did discuss it in the night phase. :V
We definitely took a gamble not role blocking sfaFreak on night 8 though, he easily could've killed one of us and it would've been GG.

As for some game balance things... This was (IMO) definitely leaning towards town win. Had the modkills not happened at all I do not think Mafia would have been able to win. In total, Mafia would have had only 4 completely "safe" conversion targets, Conorbebe, Bacon Bomb (but he wouldn't have been able to be converted anyway), UltraFoxFire, Mr. L (kind of). Because they didn't usually leave evidence of their night actions to anyone. Even then it would've eventually become obvious that they were converted as everyone else was still using their night actions. The Mafia roleblocker, and town roleblocker kind of, were surprisingly useless this game unfortunately. with a SNARF of 35 there were 10 town roles that would not have been blocked by the Mafia roleblocker, those being:
Name (role) SNARF
Wakkabanana (Messenger) 6
Diz Hydron (Dungeon Master) N/A
Mr. L (Lonestar Enthusiast) 11
Tri99ah Fin9er (Bodyguard) 30
Yolvenzind (Neighbour) 3
Sryder13 (Video Doctor) 29
Bowserslave (Voltar Enthusiast) 34
Bacon Bomb (Commuter) 1
Sir Emo Chappington (Jailer) 33
Undeadmercenary1 (Vanillaiser) 28
Then there's also that for some reason GuyBrush was still able to leave evidence of him trying to visit Diz through being Roleblocked, it generally ended up with the roleblock not being that useful for us when we found nothing we really *needed* to roleblock *could* be roleblocked. Unfortunately we didn't figure this out until after we recruited Mr. L, otherwise we would've made Mr. L a strongman and had him just kill Diz through Tri99ah's protection so we didn't have to be worried about the multivote.
There was however a good town/independent/mafia ratio in my opinion. As much as they aren't so fun, there probably does need to be more town roles that don't have a direct strong night or day action or are negative utility. Not having any of these when the town is full of power roles can make town incredibly powerful, and I feel a reason Bowserslave and Catti's games ended up more balanced in the end was because there WAS stuff like the Beloved Princess Role, or the Virgin role, things which you can't prove are town by their night actions, and would therefore be easier to try and get lynched.

I liked the flavour, there was almost always a good reason for the person being the role they are. Just a shame I didn't get to see ScapeGoat put onto my name "Sryder the question hider (probably gf)", or stretch Emo's name to incredible lengths. The lurk was unfortunately a bit strong this game, but I stand by that lynching people who do not contribute to the game with posts or lynch votes is not a bad thing to do, because you can't try and analyse their intentions, and they aren't contributing to the scumhunt.

Aaron12906m wrote:
We didn't do absolutely nothing, we spent a lot of time meme'ing and laughing at Yolv for inviting two Mafia members back to back into the neighborhood and trying to figure out what that mustache was. Bronoc though? Yeah that video fits perfectly.

Too bad a lot of the memes died when you and Eagle did. :(
It was quite funny to me that I said _Eagleeye was suspicious in the neighbourhood chat with him, and then immediately got converted to Mafia that night. Basically having 2 Mafia in the neighbourhood at once.

_________________
Steam
Renorec wrote:
my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5536
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
>Didn't immediately mention being roleblocked
Because I was sick and tired of this !@#$ing game and just wanted to vote one of the two confirmed Mafias. :chucho:

I only checked my PM afterwards to see I was role blocked. I assumed Devmon just let you guys kill everyone tomorrow instead of stalling this farce out for another day.

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5536
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
Also: Let's just commemorate the great mighty Breadcrumb Trail.


Poisoner and I are in a (Host approved) Discord together, and I'm about 80% sure the hosts told both of us that we were both town.

Oh and here's the tragic extent of my breadcrumbs and my will:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GuyBrush the Say No To Sam, working with [REDACTED] the GuyBrush.
The Great Breadcrumb Trail wrote:
http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=707865#p707865
GuyBrush wrote:
So all men and women are alive and well?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=707873#p707873
GuyBrush wrote:

DOTA 2 - #1 game on Steam.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=707876#p707876
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=707934#p707934
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=707956#p707956
-More Steam memes.

viewtopic.php?f=25&p=709032#p709032
GuyBrush wrote:
Luckily I had massive amounts of stress to easily adapt my schedule to.
Also Steam memes.
GuyBrush wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
[img]MySteamIcon[/ img] I could've baited the dragon out with my sheepu.
GuyBrush wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
I think we bring a certain someone back for this...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709039#p709039
GuyBrush wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709043#p709043 - (Excrement, waste, etc.) in Ozkavosh, DOTA 2's demon language
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709125#p709125
GuyBrush wrote:
Catti's too, but I honestly just expect this video or something.

It's on Steam. Play it now! :ayla:
GuyBrush wrote:
Image
GuyBrush wrote:
Maybe it was a Vestal?

Darkest Dungeon. Didn't want to spell it out and say Plague Doctor outright.
GuyBrush wrote:
Very well. (...) Unless it's something of ludicrous value it probably won't result in getting headshot by an AWP.

CS:GO Reference - Another game on Steam.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709143#p709143
GuyBrush wrote:
Since when have I been the h4mmer?

Gungeon
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709265#p709265
GuyBrush wrote:
Oh hey guys. Page 69.
[quote=Emo Chapington]I hate breadcrumbs so much I pretty much refuse to do it myself,[/ quote]
Hee hee ecks dee.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709428#p709428
GuyBrush wrote:
Ehhhhhum. So do I break out my infamous "salt Clunk" image for this?

>Implying what my ability is. Implying I know what it is.
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=709431#p709431
GuyBrush wrote:
10 votes to lynch, Blockner.

Gungeon, again.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709432#p709432
GuyBrush wrote:
Maybe a poisoner or something, but I still doubt it.

viewtopic.php?f=25&p=709453#p709453
GuyBrush wrote:
Image
GuyBrush wrote:
Image
GuyBrush wrote:
(I'll buy you some cake. It'll be delicious and moist.)

The lowest of low-brow Valve jokes.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709458#p709458 - More low brow cake humor.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709497#p709497 - Link to DOTA 2 Wiki. Too lazy to quote properly.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709572#p709572
GuyBrush wrote:
That being said: He is dead, not big surprise. Let's keep going.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=709915#p709915
GuyBrush wrote:
I'd like a confirm from hosts that if lurkers do not post a reply today they get punched in the nuts by Saxton Hale.

viewtopic.php?f=25&p=710793#p710793
GuyBrush wrote:
I do hope we don't get a farce of 50+ lurkers again though. :|

Almost like I know there won't be as many. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=710799#p710799
GuyBrush wrote:
Fear wears off in time, much like a mild poison. :ugeek:

Plague Doctor Darkest Dungeon. Also poison. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=710822#p710822 - Darkest Dungeon spoilers
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=710824#p710824 - Specifically point out the guy we poisoned. :bow:
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=710997#p710997
GuyBrush wrote:
Hello frens I am back. :ayla:
[ color=transparent]I'm still waiting on someone to speak. Also hi Aaron, you mobile cheat.[ /color]
GuyBrush wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=712448#p712448 - I seemed to know a little too much here, didn't I? I also jumped on L very quickly; almost like I was prepared.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=712620#p712620 - http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Irr ... gue_Doctor
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=712652#p712652
GuyBrush wrote:
They went for Scape because he was silent, and he kept silent like a (POOTIS).

GuyBrush wrote:
A few thoughts posted on mobile before I sleep:
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=712656#p712656
L: You say you have multiple abilities with limited uses. A jack of all trades?
But Bowser was also JOAT. I find two JOATs as likely as three investigators.

color=transparent]Look at my first post in this thread./color]
As secondly: I leave you with this statement.
Cheaters never prosper.

Steam Achivement Manager
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49893&p=712831#p712831 - Do I litterally have to spell it out for you guys?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't write down what I was trying to tell you guys Day 5 because I was mostly on mobile. I was referencing a phone keypad. If you look at the playable characters on the Darkest Dungeon wiki and take off the Bounty Hunter, Highwayman, and Man-at-Arms you get a 3x4 grid, which is the same ratio as a phone keypad. Kailler (the Arbalest) is number three, and #Vestal. Zero would be the Plague Doctor, which...
GuyBrush wrote:
[img]

c:

Expect more Plague Doctor images, by the way.

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:59 am
Posts: 1992
Tldr

_________________
all ya'll hoes mafia confirmed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:28 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: Den Helder, Netherlands
Aaron12906m wrote:
We didn't do absolutely nothing, we spent a lot of time meme'ing and laughing at Yolv for inviting two Mafia members back to back into the neighborhood and trying to figure out what that mustache was. Bronoc though? Yeah that video fits perfectly.


I could just as well have been infected. My discord chats were just a tool for mafia to question other players beside me.

Really tho. I'm done being neighbourizer (two times in a row)... I'm so bad at it somehow.

_________________
Check out the Awesomenauts Voice-comms
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=42355

My steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yolvenzind


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 2741
Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Oi, GuyBrush! That stuff was way too far feched for anyone to figure out m8. Especially the SAM one.

_________________
Handsomenauts thread
Video thread

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?


:raehands:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: England
GuyBrush wrote:
I only checked my PM afterwards to see I was role blocked. I assumed Devmon just let you guys kill everyone tomorrow instead of stalling this farce out for another day.

From what I heard, I targeted Diz for a Mafia factional kill and sfaFreak targeted you for an independent kill, Diz didn't have a night action, and yours was irrelevant after that because your SNARF was slower than sfafreak's so you died before you could act. Leaving just me and sfafreak alive for the day and causing mafia/independent victory.

_________________
Steam
Renorec wrote:
my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forum Mafia Mafia [Independent/Mafia Win]
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am
Posts: 1460
Location: The endless rabbit hole of Awesomenauts lore
MVP is Devmon for most kills!

seriously I lost all faith in trusting a group after watching this.

(insert suicide prevention hotline here)

_________________
SAVE THE SOLAR TREE!
Emo Chapington wrote:
pyrogamerman wrote:
you have a bad lawyer

But Catgame is my lawy-
Oh.
:blabl: This proves Catgame is evil! :fist:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next