Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: How many people even want mafia to continue? [9/15]
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm 

catgame21234 wrote:
Bowser has been sleeping with me but i can leave him a message after the beep.

Is that why he hasn't been returning my calls? :shady:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 pm 
Adminaut

All right so it's pretty gosh darn inexcusable the position I've left this sub game in by not following up with updates after the end of Game 11. I'm not going to bore you with the details on the reasoning of my inactivity so let's discuss what's important.

It's no surprise that the activity for the forum game before the forums in general became slower after Game 9's incident. For both Game 10 and Game 11, there was only one submitted game in both voting threads. In addition Game 11 ended on the heels of the school season starting up. It looked pretty clear the interest was dying down, and most likely the new host would have difficulty not only managing a game during the school season (trust me it looks harder than you may think if you haven't hosted a game before), but gathering players for said game.

It looked like the time for an unofficial break from the game, whether some of us wanted it or not.

Truthfully I'm unsure when the best time to bring the game series back is. It depends on our response and desire. I wish I did have a game ready to go and be hosted, but time has not been fortunate to me.

For now, we can have a public discussion on who would be interested in actually hosting a game that has some progress put into it (aka some roles thought of, mechanics, etc) and who would want to play. However since this is deep in the school semester and some of us have busy lives, this is a lot easier said than done to simply bring back the Forum Mafia games.

That's my piece on the matter.

I'll do my best to be more active and follow up with any responses to this thread.

Thank you all, and I apologize for my incompetence.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 am 
Adminaut

Bowserslave wrote:

I'll do my best to be more active and follow up with any responses to this thread.

I've not been around here much but seriously don't be so harsh on yourself. From what I can tell you managed to support a rather large series of organisational-hell games on the forums despite the frequent issues.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:41 am 

Emo Chapington wrote:
Bowserslave wrote:

I've not been around here much but seriously don't be so harsh on yourself. From what I can tell you managed to support a rather large series of organisational-hell games on the forums despite the frequent issues.

Ya you did do good as leader.

But you never answered the question you two.
If we start this up again you in?

If we get even MORE people I can do the mental hospital I have been working on forever.
Or do some multiculture mythicalbeings/urban legend thing in time for Christmas break.

you have a bad lawyer

But Catgame is my lawy-
Oh.
:blabl: This proves Catgame is evil! :fist:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:08 am 
Adminaut

pyrogamerman wrote:
If we start this up again you in?

If speaking generally about Mafia in the position I held before to manage and oversee each game then yes I'm in.
However if you mean as a player, and say hypothetically we had a sign up thread in a week, I most likely won't be an active player until after December 2nd and would not want to sign on as dead weight if I'm going to be inactive. Even then after that date will be finals time so I would not want to sign up as a player and not make the same mistake I made in the past.

Best place to contact me these days is Discord, same name as here.

When this starts back in the usual swings I'd think it'd be best to keep a format of voting for the next game, unless we have another instance where only one game is submitted. I personally think it would be unfair to force a game in despite the hiatus time.